Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Made In Abyss gives me nightmares

kikecel

kikecel

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER
★★★★★
recently got back to binge reading Made In Abyss and started from the first chapter.
I've watched many animes and read many mangas in my life, some of them are considered "disturbing" and too unsettling for general audience. I have never read anything so disturbing, so upsetting, so real and so creepy as Made in abyss. i've seen it all. Junji Itou, Berserk, Guro, all the mainstream "shock" anime normies recommend such as Madoka, blood-c, Shiki, Another and many more. none of them induced so much anxiety, so much that any day I read a portion of the manga, I had terrible nightmares.
A day after reading a few chapters I had a sleep paralysis as well.
Don't get me wrong though, Made In Abyss is an amazing piece of art. although it seems it doesnt get the recognition it deserves for its disturbing content.

Over for norepliesofftopiccels

I hate those anime that start normal and then start to show traumatizing things

I youtube searched it, some anime with little kiddies came up.

You should try watching and then reading Claymore.

Name sounds scary

recently got back to binge reading Made In Abyss and started from the first chapter.
I've watched many animes and read many mangas in my life, some of them are considered "disturbing" and too unsettling for general audience. I have never read anything so disturbing, so upsetting, so real and so creepy as Made in abyss. i've seen it all. Junji Itou, Berserk, Guro, all the mainstream "shock" anime normies recommend such as Madoka, blood-c, Shiki, Another and many more. none of them induced so much anxiety, so much that any day I read a portion of the manga, I had terrible nightmares.
A day after reading a few chapters I had a sleep paralysis as well.
Don't get me wrong though, Made In Abyss is an amazing piece of art. although it seems it doesnt get the recognition it deserves for its disturbing content.
I watched the first episode and I just thought it wa cute. Does it get scary later on?

amazing piece of art
ruhEJKJ.png