Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Lower back hurts after deadlifting. Need help.

• Thread starter Deleted member 33827
  • Start date
Deleted member 33827

Deleted member 33827

Self-banned
-
Deadlifted yesterday. Not too heavy. Like 3 sets of 60kgs, 80kgs and 100kgs.
Maintained a proper form and wore a belt.
Yet still pains in lower back today. Nothing too major, just little bit.

Where am I going wrong? Should I just give up on deadlifting?

Need advice from experienced gymcels.

Some pain is normal, it will go away in 1-2 days.

Describe the pain.

That means you are building muscles

Describe the pain.
Like when I'm bending down to pick something up I can feel slight stinging type pains. Although I don't feel anything when I'm walking.

Also felt the same after last week's deadlift session.

I think I should just give up on this and focus more on lat pulldowns.

Conventional deadlift btw. Or maybe I should try sumo?
That means you are building muscles
So youre saying its the DOMS? Frankly I don't work on my lower back except the deadlifts once a week so you may be right ngl. Really hoping thats the case because I have long arms so I can deadlift relatively heavier than my bench. Don't wanna give up on it just yet.

Last edited:
So youre saying its the DOMS? Frankly I don't work on my lower back except the deadlifts once a week so you may be right ngl. Really hoping thats the case because I have long arms so I can deadlift relatively heavier than my bench. Don't wanna give up on it just yet.

Sounds weird but I love that feeling

Like when I'm bending down to pick something up I can feel slight stinging type pains. Although I don't feel anything when I'm walking.

Also felt the same after last week's deadlift session.

I think I should just give up on this and focus more on lat pulldowns.

Conventional deadlift btw. Or maybe I should try sumo?

That doesn't sound like DOMS. You might have sprained your lower back muscles.

The conventional deadlift is extremely easy to fuck up and, in turn, have it fuck you up. There really is no good reason for anyone to do it, unless they're training for competitive powerlifting. I'd strongly recommend against it. If you need to work your lower back, it's best to do stiff leg/straight leg deadlifts, Romanian deadlifts, or weighted hyper-extensions.

That doesn't sound like DOMS. You might have sprained your lower back muscles.

The conventional deadlift is extremely easy to fuck up and, in turn, have it fuck you up. There really is no good reason for anyone to do it, unless they're training for competitive powerlifting. I'd strongly recommend against it. If you need to work your lower back, it's best to do stiff leg/straight leg deadlifts, Romanian deadlifts, or weighted hyper-extensions.
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.