Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Looking for reading and TV series recommendations

andinocel

andinocel

Overlord
★★
….that do not have "strong womyn" or "girl power" crap. It's like every fiction book or TV show I read/watch has some message that 'whatever a man can do a woman can do better'

star ship trooper. Kinda boring but cool at the same time

The irishman is a good movie

curb your enthusiasm. Larry's probably too old to know what trends the youngins are up to anyways.

….that do not have "strong womyn" or "girl power" crap. It's like every fiction book or TV show I read/watch has some message that 'whatever a man can do a woman can do better'
Reservoir dogs. Not a single woman in the whole thing as far as I can remember except for one scene where a woman is killed

Sopranos
The Wire

For reading? Anne Rice's "The Vampire Chronicles".

She does a very good job of skimming the line between friendship and faggotry in her books ie what I mean is depending on the reader you can take most of her male/male character's relationships how you would personally interpret them depending on your views on sexuality.

Since I'm not a faggot I view her characters Louis and Lestat as very good friends, best friends even that have over time become like literal family, like brothers you could say.

Whereas sick buttfucking faggots and transgender perverts can read her same story from the first book and view them as a fag couple that Lestat tries to keep together via introducing a vampire daughter into the mix ala the character of Claudia who becomes a vampire as a child.

As far as I know there's only one unabashed fag relationship in her book but both vampire fag characters also fucked women as well when they were alive so they could be argued to be more bisexual than anything else and I'm talking about her characters Marius and Armand here. They also have an affectionate father son type of relationship which probably makes things weird for some people who read the books but hey as a fan of her's I think everything works out to the point that I'm still personally comfortable reading the novels.

Anyway her books have a lot of sensuality and descriptive language in them and not just about sex either ie her characters are typically always fashion obsessed and materialistic but not in an annoying valley girl way but in a way where you can tell and even come to appreciate that they have a genuine appreciation for beauty and art and quality goods and items.

As for TV series?

Well Vikings was solid right up until the point that Ragnar was killed off I'd say so if you haven't watched that yet you may as well track down all the episodes via torrenting or legally (your choice) and begin watching from episode 1.

Until Ragnar was killed off I'd say that show was probably the most consistent in terms of quality show that I'd watched as a series up until that point which is saying something since other shows like Walking Dead, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Sopranos etc have been great in their own ways but they all had episodes that made you go meh.

Examples of this are TWD's "Arrow on the doorpost" episode, Breaking Bad's "Fly" episode and while I can't think of one for the Sopranos right at this moment I'm sure a "bleh to meh" tier episode of that show does exist somewhere in the episode lineup.

Well in my opinion this just wasn't so for "Vikings" at least in season 1 to whatever season (ie 4 or 5 possibly?) that the Ragnar character died in.

Oh yeah and Dexter went to shit after they killed Rita off. Honestly that would've been a great episode to end the series on but Showtime either got greedy or lacked the foresight or courage to do so probably fearing retard tier outcry fan backlash (when really thats best how to realistically sum up a sociopath/psychopath's life trajectory ie one of tragedy and heartache/heartbreak, chaos, confusion, murder and death).

Last edited: