Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LOL most of the people that hates me here

I cant find most of th mentioned doctors on the internet, only study i was able to found was this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2721724/

Seminal volume, sperm morphology and soy:

https://academic.oup.com/humrep/article/23/11/2584/2913898

"Price also acknowledges that his body may have an above-average sensitivity to soy’s phytoestrogens."

I dont even know why you are browsing Men's health for this instead of browsing peer reviewed research.

I cant find most of th mentioned doctors on the internet, only study i was able to found was this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2721724/

Seminal volume, sperm morphology and soy:

https://academic.oup.com/humrep/article/23/11/2584/2913898

"Price also acknowledges that his body may have an above-average sensitivity to soy’s phytoestrogens."

I dont even know why you are browsing Men's health for this instead of browsing peer reviewed research.

Yeah, maybe its not a problem for everybody.

https://academic.oup.com/humrep/article/23/11/2584/2913898 This seems true. Most online evidence shows that it is bad for sperm and test in one way or another. Most health benefits are for woman.

Also, I dont tend to believe mainstream research.
Im not really a fan of Men's health but i remembered they had a decent article about soy.

Yeah, maybe its not a problem for everybody.

https://academic.oup.com/humrep/article/23/11/2584/2913898 This seems true. Most online evidence shows that it is bad for sperm and test in one way or another. Most health benefits are for woman.

Im not really a fan of Men's health but i remembered they had a decent article about soy.

It is not bad as they said in thr article though, even if it decreases volume as i said it does not cause change to its morphology in general.

"Soy food and soy isoflavone intake were unrelated to sperm motility, sperm morphology or ejaculate volume.'

As i said, you can do perfectlt fine without soy in a vegan diet if you are that concerned.

Idk how i could describe this correctly. But mostly i expect narcissticcels to hate me, like irl. Its so funny when they try to hurt you and you play their game for a while until you have enough and you fuck them with their insecurities up. But, ofc you are the asshole then once again.

35A6B172 FEC8 47AD B5BB 0FF8066E43B6

Can you cite the source please? That sounds interesting, i would love to read it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224

This is the fertstert version of the first study.

http://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(10)00368-7/abstract

It was taught to us in lecture and unfortunately I don't have access to the powerpoint or sources, but a quick search online shows that there are a number of proteins, or rather foods containing those proteins, that inhibit serotonin levels in the brain because the carriers through the BBB prefer the derivatives of those proteins (soy protein being one of them) over tryptophan derivatives, which is the source of serotonin.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2077351/

This doesn't mention soy explicitly but if you dig further you can cross-reference the list of inhibitory dietary substances with soy components.

If I recall correctly you are in high school so I don't blame you for not knowing how to adequately go about this, but here are the issues with what you're posting:

1. This is not a scientific journal.
2. Your article predates and is countered by the scientific journal article he posted.

This makes your source a bad one. You shouldn't base your understanding of the human body on Men's Health magazine articles from 9 years ago.

I'm sorry but you can't say that you don't believe in "mainstream research" but then use Men's Health as a counter-point. What the fuck?

Men's Health is a business, and a business is interested in making money, first and foremost. They could tell you that Dr. StrongJaw recommends drinking StrongJawSupplement Drink in order to improve your jawline, as long as Dr. StrongJaw pays money for them to say so and to put an ad of his beverage in the folds of the magazine, and as long as StrongJawSupplement Drink isn't actively harmful, they can get away with it, too. Meanwhile, peer-reviewed articles in research journals require a fastidious methods section which is reviewed multiple times by unaffiliated professionals for accuracy and viability before publication.

Were you high when you wrote the above or...?

Last edited:
It was taught to us in lecture and unfortunately I don't have access to the powerpoint or sources, but a quick search online shows that there are a number of proteins, or rather foods containing those proteins, that inhibit serotonin levels in the brain because the carriers through the BBB prefer the derivatives of those proteins (soy protein being one of them) over tryptophan derivatives, which is the source of serotonin.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2077351/

This doesn't mention soy explicitly but if you dig further you can cross-reference the list of inhibitory dietary substances with soy components.

If I recall correctly you are in high school so I don't blame you for not knowing how to adequately go about this, but here are the issues with what you're posting:

1. This is not a scientific journal.
2. Your article predates and is countered by the scientific journal article he posted.

This makes your source a bad one. You shouldn't base your understanding of the human body on Men's Health magazine articles from 9 years ago.

I'm sorry but you can't say that you don't believe in "mainstream research" but then use Men's Health as a counter-point. What the fuck?

Men's Health is a business, and a business is interested in making money, first and foremost. They could tell you that Dr. StrongJaw recommends drinking StrongJawSupplement Drink in order to improve your jawline, as long as Dr. StrongJaw pays money for them to say so and to put an ad of his beverage in the folds of the magazine, and as long as StrongJawSupplement Drink isn't actively harmful, they can get away with it, too. Meanwhile, peer-reviewed articles in research journals require a fastidious methods section which is reviewed multiple times by unaffiliated professionals for accuracy and viability before publication.

Were you high when you wrote the above or...?
Im not in HS but you're kinda right. The article wasnt trying to sell anything though.

Im not in HS but you're kinda right. The article wasnt trying to sell anything though.

Maybe not directly. But think about it like a conspiracy theory (which isn't a conspiracy theory at all, it's just good business). I'm not saying this is necessarily 100% fact, but humor me on this. Tell me if this sounds possible:

Men's Health is a business that needs to make a profit. To make a profit they need to sell issues to its subscribers, and thus receive advertisement interest and revenue. Subscribers only stay subscribing as long as they are interested in the content, and the content is proving useful to them, and they agree philosophically with the content. Advertisers only pay for ads as long as there are subscribers and the magazine doesn't disagree with their company's philosophy (or vice versa).

Now, let's say that Men's Health makes an article saying that soy protein and products are bogus and harmful. How does this affect their readers? Their readers are now less likely to purchase soy-based products, and are more likely to seek their protein elsewhere. Oh my, look on the next page, HyperMaxFit3000 has a deal on 10 lb of Whey Protein! I should cop that!

In other words, it keeps the corporate interests of their advertisers alive because that is beneficial for their own business. They don't have to directly promote product X or even class of product Y; they can just shit-talk and raise skepticism about product Z, which is a rising competitor to X and Y.

If we throw in the fact that they could be using a planned obsolescence model (which is proven in other industries, perhaps most famously in cell phones) in order to maintain readership. Hypothetically speaking, soy could be the best thing to ever hit the fitness market, but if Men's Health says this and suddenly many of their readers become Turbo Chads, do you think they will be interested in staying subscribed to Men's Health now that they got the results that they want? In other words, having their readers do TOO well is against their best interests as a business - yet another reason not to trust corporations for science facts.

Maybe not directly. But think about it like a conspiracy theory (which isn't a conspiracy theory at all, it's just good business). I'm not saying this is necessarily 100% fact, but humor me on this. Tell me if this sounds possible:

Men's Health is a business that needs to make a profit. To make a profit they need to sell issues to its subscribers, and thus receive advertisement interest and revenue. Subscribers only stay subscribing as long as they are interest in the content, and the content is proving useful to them, and they agree philosophically with the content. Advertisers only pay for ads as long as there are subscribers and the magazine doesn't disagree with their company's philosophy (or vice versa).

Now, let's say that Men's Health makes an article saying that soy protein and products are bogus and harmful. How does this affect their readers? Their readers are now less likely to purchase soy-based products, and are more likely to seek their protein elsewhere. Oh my, look on the next page, HyperMaxFit3000 has a deal on 10 lb of Whey Protein! I should cop that!

In other words, it keeps the corporate interests of their advertisers alive because that is beneficial for their own business. They don't have to directly promote product X or even class of product Y; they can just shit-talk and raise skepticism about product Z, which is a rising competitor to X and Y.

That makes sense. I dont believe everything i see, i just though it was an interesting read.

Sorry for derailing your thread, idkwattodowithlife.:feelstrash:

are typically/usually Fakecels, Volcels, Religiouscels, Toughguycels, and Antidegeneratecels (even though I'm much more purer than them).

I just don't like that you RP as a girly anime character when you're a dude irl. What category is that?

tfw. you think your NEET time wasting ass can mock someone for being a volcel/fakecel in a post calling out your haters as if people know you

how many alts do you have to keep making, AK74? it seems that your were still bothered of what I've said to you in the other month lol.

What? Seems that other other people also don't like your stupid ass, hahahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhaahhahahahaha

You are an irrelevant nobody, sorry
You joined a few hours ago and act like you know who he is

i love u tho babe

fucking cuntcels drove him away

I'm hated here because I'm ugly.