Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Lifting weights is not automatically Gymcelling

VirginAutistManlet

VirginAutistManlet

Mythic
★★★★★
This is how I define Gymcelling

1. Lifting for aesthetics
  2. Lifting more than 3 days per week
  3. Doing excessive isolation or assistance exercises to target specific muscle groups
  4. Not being content with maintaining novice or intermediate strength gains
  5. Always trying to squeeze gains out of anything no matter how time consuming or retarded it is

If you do something like only lift 3 days per week on a 3x5 starting strength routine forever, just to maintain an okay strong body and get some weekly exercise in, you’re not Gymcelling. You’re just expending some physical energy and maintaining your basic novice strength levels as you age.

Pic relate is an example of 2 routines I consider to not be Gymcelling, as they’re minimalist novice routines that you can do forever to maintain a basic level of strength so you don’t dwindle away as you age.

This won’t fix inceldom but it will help you have a better quality of life in regards to your health and strength as you age.

Attachments

• 4D78122D-BC87-4383-ADDC-35EB4839D71D.jpeg
    4D78122D-BC87-4383-ADDC-35EB4839D71D.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 718D09CB-3E4B-4608-8801-2C425B82834D.jpeg
    718D09CB-3E4B-4608-8801-2C425B82834D.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 42
Cope

Incel+lifting weights=gymcel

Oh, and BTW, no one gives a shit if you could take down Chad (or even a normie) in a fight. Least of all foids. That 'hurr, but I'm so masc, I could beat this guy up' is pure cope when he's the one getting all the pussy and you aren't. Big fucking deal if he moves off the sidewalk rather than you when you pass each other in the street, he goes home to tap his cute gf's ass while you fill out your spreadsheet with the macros you ate that day.

Cope

Incel+lifting weights=gymcel

If a man lifts 6 days per week spending 2 hours in the gym each session doing Push Pull Legs routine, hoping that this will be the ticket out of his virginity and sad pathetic life, then that man is a Gymcel.

If a man lifts 2-3 days per week, spending 30-45 minutes at the most doing 3 sets of 3 exercises in order to avoid being 100% sedentary and developing health issues adding to his already sad pathetic life, then that man is not a Gymcel.

If a man lifts 6 days per week spending 2 hours in the gym each session doing Push Pull Legs routine, hoping that this will be the ticket out of his virginity and sad pathetic life, then that man is a Gymcel.

If a man lifts 2-3 days per week, spending 30-45 minutes at the most doing 3 sets of 3 exercises in order to avoid being 100% sedentary and developing health issues adding to his already sad pathetic life, then that man is not a Gymcel.
there are better ways to maintain health without paying for gym membership

Oh, and BTW, no one gives a shit if you could take down Chad (or even a normie) in a fight. Least of all foids. That 'hurr, but I'm so masc, I could beat this guy up' is pure cope when he's the one getting all the pussy and you aren't. Big fucking deal if he moves off the sidewalk rather than you when you pass each other in the street, he goes home to tap his cute gf's ass while you fill out your spreadsheet with the macros you ate that day.
At least the slut will know that her boyfriend is a fckin bitch in front of the ugly ogre incel

there are better ways to maintain health without paying for gym membership

These basic novice routines don’t require a gym membership

You can spend $500 to $1000 and have a home gym for the rest of your life. All you need is a rack, bench, barbell and some plates.

This isn’t about aesthetics or gains, this is about obtaining and maintaining a basic level of strength for quality of life to not be so bad the older you get, a least from a physical health side.

These basic novice routines don’t require a gym membership

You can spend $500 to $1000 and have a home gym for the rest of your life. All you need is a rack, bench, barbell and some plates.

This isn’t about aesthetics or gains, this is about obtaining and maintaining a basic level of strength for quality of life to not be so bad the older you get, a least from a physical health side.
But how many people actually do it "just" for health.They could take some walks,play some sport or run outside sometimes.Most of men cope with the "I don't do it for the girls,I do it for myself,for health",just like foids say they don't put on fake up to look good to other men,they do it for "themselves".

But how many people actually do it "just" for health.They could take some walks,play some sport or run outside sometimes.Most of men cope with the "I don't do it for the girls,I do it for myself,for health",just like foids say they don't put on fake up to look good to other men,they do it for "themselves".

Latest health and longevity studies show that strength training has a lot of health benefits that you cannot get from cardio. The most up to date data on health and quality of life is to do both some form of strength training and cardiovascular.

Strength training will keep you from becoming one of those people later in life who fall over and injure themselves all the time. Cardiovascular training will keep your vital organs healthier.

Caring about wanting to avoid health problems later in life that are avoidable by doing basic strength training is not Gymcelling, especially when basic strength training requires such a little amount of time, resources and effort

Latest health and longevity studies show that strength training has a lot of health benefits that you cannot get from cardio. The most up to date data on health and quality of life is to do both some form of strength training and cardiovascular.

Strength training will keep you from becoming one of those people later in life who fall over and injure themselves all the time. Cardiovascular training will keep your vital organs healthier.

Caring about wanting to avoid health problems later in life that are avoidable by doing basic strength training is not Gymcelling, especially when basic strength training requires such a little amount of time, resources and effort
Ok,cool,you are not gymcel.99.9% of others are

I think I agree with OP, or at least there’s a legit distinction to be made.

But by his definition I am a gymcel :feelsrope:

I think I agree with OP, or at least there’s a legit distinction to be made.

But by his definition I am a gymcel :feelsrope:

Almost every guy is a gymcel in the first year or so. Until they realize it’s not going to help shit. But you can always choose to cut back on the time spent on the gym, cut out all the fat from your routine, keep shit basic, and just continue lifting to maintain some strength for health purposes. It requires far less time and effort and at least keeps you active

I'm a calisthenicscel tbh.

Cope. No gym for your face.

I'm a gymcel by either definition.
But I think lifting weights for "health" is just bullshit. You're doing everything a gymcel is doing, just half assedly. At least there's some lifefuel in progressing and reaching goals rather than merely maintaining a slightly-above-mediocre body.

working out for strength is even more cope than working out for aesthetics

working out for strength is even more cope than working out for aesthetics

No it’s not. Wtf?

Powerlifting is autistic cope just as much as bodybuilding is I agree. But strength training is not cope. It’s just something you should do if you give a fuck about avoiding medical bills.

Man you niggers are going to be on 50 pills/day by age 40 by doing zero exercise and will be falling over from weakness by age 50 and be bedridden due to your posterior chain and core strength completely lost due to standard white collar baby boomer style sedentary life of zero movement or resistance training

You know what happens to your strength if you don’t use it? It goes away incredible fast and you’ll be one of those boomers who takes 30 seconds to get out of chair because you never practiced any form of strength training in your life and just let all your normal level muscle mass rot away to nothing, and I’m not taking about excessive muscle mass rotting away, I’m talking if you don’t do any strength training your entire life that you will end up losing a huge portion of your normal muscle mass that you have genetically without any training. Look at any old guy that didn’t train, their normal muscle mass degenerates to bare minimal levels which leaves them prone to accidents and falls. If you do basic strength training throughout your life, you maintain not only all of your normal level of muscle mass in late age, but your bones and tendons are also much much stronger. This is where the quality of life comes from basic strength training.

Last edited:
I agree.

You know what happens to your strength if you don’t use it? It goes away incredible fast and you’ll be one of those boomers who takes 30 seconds to get out of chair because you never practiced any form of strength training in your life and just let all your normal level muscle mass rot away to nothing, and I’m not taking about excessive muscle mass rotting away, I’m talking if you don’t do any strength training your entire life that you will end up losing a huge portion of your normal muscle mass that you have genetically without any training. Look at any old guy that didn’t train, their normal muscle mass degenerates to bare minimal levels which leaves them prone to accidents and falls. If you do basic strength training throughout your life, you maintain not only all of your normal level of muscle mass in late age, but your bones and tendons are also much much stronger. This is where the quality of life comes from basic strength training.

I’m not saying to lift 7 days a week and do bodybuilding or powerlifting, those 2 things are cope. But there is no excuse to not do some form of basic strength training. Not doing that is like never walking. In the same way I would tell you walk everyday, but I’d not tell you to be doing running marathons or training sprints, marathons and sprinting would be the equivalent of bodybuilding and powerlifting. Basic barbell strength training is the equivalent of walking, it’s the best for your health, quality of life, and requires the least amount of risk, effort, time and dedication.

If that isn’t enough to convince you then I’ll use this Trump card: You’re a volcel if you don’t walk and don’t do some form of basic strength training. (Even though this has nothing to do with inceldom)

Last edited:
I am not a gymcel then. I only go to the gym like one to two times a week.

Meh, I have more pressing concerns than my physical health. Such as, having a pussy to fuck. I would prefer to wither away and die years sooner then prolong my life. I hate my life. Why would I want to do things that would prolong it? Makes no sense.

Meh, I have more pressing concerns than my physical health. Such as, having a pussy to fuck. I would prefer to wither away and die years sooner then prolong my life. I hate my life. Why would I want to do things that would prolong it? Makes no sense.

But you have to understand, this is the same logic normies who dont save any money for retirement use. "bro fuck saving, I want to use all my money now, fuck caring about money when im old" - then they get old and have no money and realize they fucked up, and now line up for free meals where they feed the homeless.

But you have to understand, this is the same logic normies who dont save any money for retirement use. "bro fuck saving, I want to use all my money now, fuck caring about money when im old" - then they get old and have nothing and realize they fucked up when lining up for free meals where they feed the homeless.
WHy does that matter tho? I’m going insane, I don’t care about being more comfortable.

But you have to understand, this is the same logic normies who dont save any money for retirement use. "bro fuck saving, I want to use all my money now, fuck caring about money when im old" - then they get old and have no money and realize they fucked up, and now line up for free meals where they feed the homeless.
I can’t wait to be lining up for pussy when i’m old :feelsokman:

WHy does that matter tho? I’m going insane, I don’t care about being more comfortable.

I guess me having the autism makes it easier for me to no go insane.

I guess me having the autism makes it easier for me to no go insane.
I’m fucked now bro my mind can’t even entertain such concepts as exercising / learning / etc, I’m fucking slipping into an abyss.

No way around that unless you're Chad, sorry

A gymcel is a guy on the misc forum obsessing about their muscles and nutrition thinking muscles on a man is equivalent to big tits on a slim young white girl.

Guys training for health and performance benefits aren’t gymcels.

A gymcel is a guy on the misc forum obsessing about their muscles and nutrition thinking muscles on a man is equivalent to big tits on a slim young white girl.

Guys training for health and performance benefits aren’t gymcels.

Someone that gets it.

It all depends on your intentions.

lifting weights = slave