Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story Let's celebrate the noble man of culture and character.

NorthernWind

NorthernWind

Paragon
★★★★★
Macedonian Greek general, founder of the Seleucid Empire, Seleucus I Nicator 'the Victorious'.
Obviously he didn't lived by platitudes
"No one is entitled to another person", "people are not objects or pets", "grow up", "man up", "master your desires", "You are not entitled to anything", "You don't deserve something just because you want it", "spoiled brat", "be a bigger man".

There were the prominent Greek anatomist and royal physician, Erasistratus.
From Wikipedia.
'He lived for some time at the court of Seleucus I Nicator, where he acquired great reputation by discovering the disease of Antiochus I Soter, the king's eldest son, probably 294 BC.
Seleucus in his old age had lately married Stratonice, the young and beautiful daughter of Demetrius Poliorcetes, and she had already borne him one child. Antiochus fell violently in love with his stepmother, but did not disclose his passion, and chose rather to pine away in silence.
The physicians were quite unable to discover the cause and nature of his disease, and Erasistratus himself was at a loss at first, till, finding nothing amiss about his body, he began to suspect that it must be his mind which was diseased, and that he might perhaps be in love.
Erasistratus confirmed his conjecture when he observed that the skin of Antiochus grew hotter, his color deeper, and his pulse quicker whenever Stratonice came near him, while none of these symptoms occurred on any other occasion.
Accordingly, he told Seleucus that his son's disease was incurable, for he was in love, and that it was impossible to gratify his passion. The king wondered what the obstacle could be, and asked who the lady was. "My wife", replied Erasistratus, upon which Seleucus began to persuade him to give her up to his son.
The physician asked him if he would do so himself if it were his wife that the prince was in love with. The king protested that he would most gladly; upon which Erasistratus told him that it was indeed his own wife who had inspired his passion, and that he chose rather to die than to disclose his secret.
Seleucus was as good as his word, and not only gave up Stratonice, but also resigned to his son several provinces of his empire".

From the Greek site: "Antiochus married her and his disease was cured. In ancient history, this was the first instance of a mental cause of illness'.

Interesting.

Under Hebrew law he’d get the death penalty. :feelsjuice: