Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News Korean incels win against feminists

AsakuraHao

AsakuraHao

Overlord
★★★★★

1. An animated promotional video for Nexon’s online game MapleStory was taken down over the weekend after some viewers called the animator a feminist and accused them of deliberately planting a controversial hand gesture, associated with misandry, throughout the video.
  2. Studio Ppuri, the animation production company behind the video, and animator TOMOGY, issued statements online apologizing for any possible controversies but denied accusations that any hand gestures were purposefully placed as political symbols.
  3. The hand gesture in question is a pinching motion using the index and thumb finger, which had been used as a symbol in the now-defunct Megalia, one of Korea’s largest radical feminist online communities, to ridicule the size of Korean men’s genitals.
  4. Nexon took down the video a minute after midnight on Sunday and uploaded a statement right after, saying “We apologize for causing trouble by not making careful examinations during the promotional [video] production process.”
  5. MapleStory Director Kim Chang-Seop also opened a YouTube livestream on Sunday to apologize. "We are firmly opposed to a culture where blind hate is directed to others, while no shame is felt in revealing them, as well as people who find delight in secretly revealing such [hate]," he said.
  6. Studio Ppuri also published a statement apologizing for the controversy. The studio promised to take action by editing the videos and said they would exclude the animation staff behind the video from any future promotional video production.
  7. “I absolutely do not agree with feminist or feminism ideologies; rather, I am against feminist ideology and actions,” the statement put out by animator TOMOGY, the subject of criticism, read.

Loli brat dickshaming based MapleBoomers? Who is she, I wanna see if there's fanart of her.

Asian countries really are the last bastion for this kinda thing. Where you can say "I am against feminism" and not be lynched in the street.

Rare ricecel W

Good, let them have more victories.

Loli brat dickshaming based MapleBoomers? Who is she, I wanna see if there's fanart of her.

Asian countries really are the last bastion for this kinda thing. Where you can say "I am against feminism" and not be lynched in the street.

I can only dream of officials saying they are against feminism here