Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Just joined a gym

Akira

Akira

Tee Hee
★★
I just joined a gym for the first time. My first workout left me feeling better about myself, even though I know I don't look any better. :think:

Anyone have any work out tips for a newbie??

Also, I was surprised at the lack of extremely attractive people there.

I just joined a gym for the first time. My first workout left me feeling better about myself, even though I know I don't look any better. :think:

Gym is cope. Only ugly people go gym. Do NOT tell foids you lift. Tell them you are naturally muscular if they ask.

Focus on different body parts on different days. This will target different muscle areas. And you want to make sure you work out your whole body or else you will look like this:

Should’ve gotten a home gym bro.

If you're losing weight eat between 500-1800 Calories a day, if you're trying to gain muscle hire a personal trainer, or get a workout buddy, or a digital personal trainer on your phone to keep you on a proper schedule to get gains.

Focus on different body parts on different days. This will target different muscle areas. And you want to make sure you work out your whole body or else you will look like this:

View attachment 28037
Nigga legs got me dead lmao. Nigga got Chicken tender legs.Bro was like fuck leg day

This is probably the best program a beginner Lifter should follow, also for your diet, you should be eating above 3000 calories.

If you're losing weight eat between 500-1800 Calories a day, if you're trying to gain muscle hire a personal trainer, or get a workout buddy, or a digital personal trainer on your phone to keep you on a proper schedule to get gains.
Any recommendations for digital trainers?

dude no lol

hey can I see a picture of you I'm curious to see what got you such low yesterday. I promise I won't share it with anyone if not I would just go watch anime cause that's how I cope :(

Nah, I know my friend uses one and he's a high tier chad, I don't know if he relies on it tho, I actually used to be over 330 pounds, i'm currently in the low 200s now so i'm currently focusing on losing chub before I dedicate myself to muscle gains.

Can you do pull ups?

Only a few until I tire out. :( Hoping to get better.
Nah, I know my friend uses one and he's a high tier chad, I don't know if he relies on it tho, I actually used to be over 330 pounds, i'm currently in the low 200s now so i'm currently focusing on losing chub before I dedicate myself to muscle gains.

Woah - congrats! Did you just focus on diet or diet + exercise?

Only a few until I tire out. :( Hoping to get better.

Good, aim at them, because you obviously would want a huge latissimus dorsi development for v shaped upper body. Perform shoulder width grip chin ups if you want to put an emphasis on biceps too, while still keeping the major on your back. Wide grip pull ups activate your trapezius more instead. Aim for 8-10 reps per set to enforce maximal hypertrophy. When you can do like 8-10x4-5 you can add additional weight, as your own body will soon be not enough.

Last edited:
Good, aim at them, because you obviously would want a huge latissimus dorsi development for v shaped upper body. Perform shoulder width grip chin ups if you want to put an emphasis on biceps too, while still keeping the major on your back. Wide grip pull ups activate your trapezius more instead. Aim for 8-10 reps per set to enfore maximal hypertrophy. When you can do like 8-10x4-5 you can add additional weight, as your own body will be not enough.

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to try that.

This is probably the best program a beginner Lifter should follow, also for your diet, you should be eating above 3000 calories.

Jason blaha kek.

Yes. As one of the users above said, Jason Blaha's 5 x 5 is a solid program. Essentially, as a beginner, your training should revolve around a somewhat flexible variety of compound movements. First 3-5 weeks should focus around hypertrophy, 2-3 weeks on strength and a 1 week peak. Keep the rep range between 6-12 @60-75%, 15-30 sets per week for hypertrophy. Strength phase programming is more effective using an RPE system.

Yes. As one of the users above said, Jason Blaha's 5 x 5 is a solid program. Essentially, as a beginner, your training should revolve around a somewhat flexible variety of compound movements. First 3-5 weeks should focus around hypertrophy, 2-3 weeks on strength and a 1 week peak. Keep the rep range between 6-12 @60-75%, 15-30 sets per week for hypertrophy. Strength phase programming is more effective using an RPE system.

Thanks. You guys know your shit.

When you were as fat as I was the only workouts you can do without damaging your joints are stationary cardio. So stationary bike, elliptical, etc. Also if you're wondering I didn't make myself fat on my own, I gained most of my fat when I was a child because my mother never instilled any proper diet or outdoor activities, so by the time I was a teenager and was aware of the problem it was somewhat too late and I had to focus on fixing it myself.

But yeah diet is a big part, refusing to eat things, counting calories, etc. For me I stick to a general rule of, don't eat if you don't have to, stick to 1800 calories or less per day, fast for 3 days or so maybe once a month, etc.

And no loose skin? Fucking Chad

There is no gym for your face

good for you bro, the gym is an amazing cope, release all them feel good hormones, stick with it

eat properly, follow a beginner program (I did strong lifts 5x5) and get a proper schedule.

I probably should start going back because I am doing boxing in 2 months

Good luck on getting fit, OP.

good luck. the long road of torture has begun.
Gym is cope. Only ugly people go gym. Do NOT tell foids you lift. Tell them you are naturally muscular if they ask.
what is wrong with letting girls know you lift?

Last edited:
This is how OP looks like at the gym
Veyhd34utx911

Jk
tbh Gymcelling theory is legit, good for mind and body.
Good luck op and keep grinding:heart:

Legit high IQ post, people that disagree obviously don't gym cope,I've gone to the gym for 5 years and all you see is below average looking guys trying to get a quick pump to impress some foids, when a guy tries to impress foids by showing there gains they simply never seem interested unless the guy is at least a chad lite, the gym should only be used for chads and chad lites as the icing on top as foids won't care about your body unless you also have a good face
My tiny apartment is too small for all the stuff i'd need :confused: Cheaper to just get a gym membership.

:lul::lul::lul:
You should buy testosterone and start injecting it, that's far better then any little gym pump you get naturally with gym coping

Good luck my man I hope you get healthier and happier

Nah, I have some loose skin, i'm still a chubster, i'm sure when I lose all the weight i'll have quite a bit of loose skin.
If you look fat as fuck at low 200s it might be alot of loose skin. I just got surgery and my stomach is flat whereas before it looked like I was obese at 195

High IQ @Damo the incel

Gymcelling is a great cope. Keep your mind on your own workout and PAY ATTENTION to your form. Don't get distracted by any gym Stacies.

Have fun!

good luck. the long road of torture has begun.

what is wrong with letting girls know you lift?
If you don't have good bone structure + decent muscle theres no point telling them.
Better to have them think you don't lift and could always improve if you start lifting (false hope)

If you don't have good bone structure + decent muscle theres no point telling them.
Better to have them think you don't lift and could always improve if you start lifting (false hope)

obviously dont tell them you lift randomly. but if they ask i dont see why you cant tell them

If you look fat as fuck at low 200s it might be alot of loose skin. I just got surgery and my stomach is flat whereas before it looked like I was obese at 195
Could be, but i'm also 5'5 and being in the low 200s at 5'5 is much different than being in the low 200s at a taller height.