Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Joker 2019 is over-rated on second viewing. "Watch once" kind of movie.

• Thread starter Deleted member 20987
  • Start date
Deleted member 20987

Deleted member 20987

Banned
-
While Joker 2019 is still my film of the year; I've got to say lightening doesn't strike twice watching this fiilm again.

The first time it was compelling and I was mesmerised.

Upon second viewing it was like Fight Club all over again with a sort of "yeah yeah I know the ending now" but without the subliminal messages or social critique to merit a second viewing.

If anything Joker was plagerism of Taxi Driver, King of Comedy and Death Wish stitched together.

The first hour felt like trudging through knee deep wet mud in iron boots and I drank so much alcohol I feell asleep PC still switched on.

So considering Joker is not "whizz bang, big screen entertainiment" any idea why I didn't make it until the end?

I haven’t rewatched it but I did enjoy it the first time through.

I've watched it 5 times or so.I felt very little enjoyment after the third.

The first viewing was the best,I agree.

Goodfellas, American psycho and wolf of wall Street I've watched eachh of them about 5 times

I never liked the joker movie tbh I hate all movies that are artsy fartsy

I thought Ad Astra was better tbh. My personal movie of the year.

Haven’t seen it yet :feelsbadman:

Perfect way of describing it imho

I love this movie. Stand-up scene was my favorite.

It has a lot of flaws. The " rich vs poor" narrative felt very forced and unnatural.

The movie of the year for me too. What is the meaning of your name?

Joker surprised me when I 1st saw it because I was expecting it to be an origin story depicting his rise to power in Gotham's underworld. It's okay regardless tbh, I kekd a few times and it was nice to see a non-cucked movie for a change.

Joker surprised me when I 1st saw it because I was expecting it to be an origin story depicting his rise to power in Gotham's underworld.
That would have been much cooler tbh

The movie of the year for me too. What is the meaning of your name?

Psygnosis was a videogame developer publisher in the 80s and 90s and their logo was an Owl (as per avatar). Mainly known for Wipeout, Forumla 1 games and Lemmings.

I know it looks vapourwave and edgy due to subliminal associations between Owls, Magik and the Occult.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back