Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story Job interviews as a sub 5

Mayocel

Mayocel

Apostle of the Grey Pill
★★
I am looking for a new job, since my current employer increased my salary by 2% this year. This is below inflation, which really means that my salary has decreased.

For context, I am a software engineer with some years under my belt.

I've been on a few initial interviews already, and the first one was a screening interview was a screening with a woman from HR. She talked and talked, it was exhausting. I basically did everything by the book, acted interested in the company, told about my experience, and ended up getting an email I didn't pass .

The second one was with a bald fat guy, I was just given a short test, told him a little about myself, and passed on the spot.

Next time I'm getting interviewed by a woman, I'm just hanging up.

It also seems like every software company has 10 steps before you get a job: screening, coding interview, system design interview, manager interview, then some have onsite interviews where you have to slave away for a day.

I have to jump through hoops ehile some normie product manager just shakes hands and gets the job, fuck :feelsohgod:

The global cs market is so shit. importing jeets and other people who would work for 1 cent a year.

In my place where the average programmer is paid about 32k a year, the market is ALSO shit.

I recommend reading up on the tendency of the rate of profit to fall.

The demands won't magically increase just because productivity has.

The average value of each worker will only drop and drop when they introduce more migrants and automation, until it drops to the African level

I am looking for a new job, since my current employer increased my salary by 2% this year. This is below inflation, which really means that my salary has decreased.

I've been on a few initial interviews already, and the first one was a screening interview was a screening with a woman from HR. She talked and talked, it was exhausting. I basically did everything by the book, acted interested in the company, told about my experience, and ended up getting an email I didn't pass .

The second one was with a bald fat guy, I was just given a short test, told him a little about myself, and passed on the spot.

Next time I'm getting interviewed by a woman, I'm just hanging up.

It also seems like every software company has 10 steps before you get a job: screening, coding interview, system design interview, manager interview, then some have onsite interviews where you have to slave away for a day.

I have to jump through hoops ehile some normie product manager just shakes hands and gets the job, fuck :feelsohgod:
I’m studying computer science but I feel like i’m gonna fuck it up and not get paid alot

Mogged once again...

I’m studying computer science but I feel like i’m gonna fuck it up and not get paid alot

Mogged once again...

mogs me I got 0

Think the company is in trouble LOL

gonna quit soon and get a WFH job. Maybe change fields entirely

No reason for a shitty commute in 2024

The global cs market is so shit. importing jeets and other people who would work for 1 cent a year.

In my place where the average programmer is paid about 32k a year, the market is ALSO shit.

I recommend reading up on the tendency of the rate of profit to fall.

The demands won't magically increase just because productivity has.

The average value of each worker will only drop and drop when they introduce more migrants and automation, until it drops to the African level
Tbh my company is also hiring an increasing amount of jeets, at least they have an office there and not contractors.

My team lead was in the Indian office, he told me it was like a cable jungle, as in loose cables hanging from the ceiling.

We have to collaborate on a project with them, they have barely any documentation and their code is slow as shit.

Finding the first internship/job is always the hardest. My first one was an unpaid internship and getting paid peanuts later on before I jumped ship. Basically tripled my salary.
Also, it seems like the market has cooled down in general, since I'm not getting spammed by recruiters anymore.

mogs me I got 0

Think the company is in trouble LOL

gonna quit soon and get a WFH job. Maybe change fields entirely

No reason for a shitty commute in 2024
Tbh from what I've seen jumping around is the only way to get a decent raise.

Unless you work in a company that is not retarded (almost all of the top companies are getting by because of the oligopolies they hold, not good management), the strategy is to have a set budget for salaries and new hires, which means you are better off leaving for a year and coming back.

Corporations are run by literal psychopaths, they are counting on you being naive, and as long as a large portion of people don't job hop they win out overall, despite the cost of training new employees.

Last edited:
Tbh from what I've seen jumping around is the only way to get a decent raise.

Unless you work in a company that is not retarded (almost all of the top companies are getting by because of the oligopolies they hold, not good management), the strategy is to have a set budget for salaries and new hires, which means you are better off leaving for a year and coming back.

Corporations are run by literal psychopaths, they are counting on you being naive, and as long as a large portion of people don't job hop they win out overall, despite the cost of training bew employees.
They feed us the corporate bluepill, just work HARD bro and you'll get a raise and promotion, then when raise time comes, ahhhh jeeez dood, the budget, and the company didn't meet its made-up goals, so ya know, but just keep at it, you're doing great! time for a pizza party!

It just pisses me off hearing the same bullshit for a decade now, then having to jump ship again and again to get what I should have earned in the first place

Ironically "redpill" type advice does work for your career, since in the end it's about money for them, not looks

I'm out of contract and only stuff I can see right now is less than 50% of what I used to make. Market is pretty bad.

Women pick who they like not who is best.