Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL @ lookism.net retards thinking they "grew wrong" and blaming "environmental factors" for their looks.

So everyone is genetically predispositioned to have the exact same maxilla length and anyone with a long midface has a "fallen down maxilla"? Just lol.

you keep forcing genetics into it when it hasn't been mentioned. maxilla projection is determined by oral posture not genes. there is no gene that says 'this maxilla will be this long'.

250px-Gray189.png

what exact part of this is going to grow longer? YOU ARE LOW IQ. oral posture projects the maxilla and a maxilla that tilts down will make the midface longer.

very simple.

you keep forcing genetics into it when it hasn't been mentioned. maxilla projection is determined by oral posture not genes. there is no gene that says 'this maxilla will be this long'.

250px-Gray189.png

what exact part of this is going to grow longer? YOU ARE LOW IQ. oral posture projects the maxilla and a maxilla that tilts down will make the midface longer.

So these two people would have the exact same midface length if they had the same "oral posture":

Yeah...genetics totally plays no role in this....

I can't imagine being retarded enough to actually believe this. You're dumb even by lookism standards. Impressive.

Last edited:
So these two people would have the exact same midface length if they had the same "oral posture":

Yeah...genetics totally plays no role in this....

I can't imagine being retarded enough to actually believe this. You're dumb even by lookism standards. Impressive.

But no one has the exact same midface length because no one has the exact same oral posture.

That being said, there is nothing special about Leo's midface length, his beauty comes from his other features. You can tell this man's midface has fallen because of his long af nose, and despite that he has a short philtrum.

Thanks for proving my point, even I, my brother and mother have similar midface length to Leo.
All you can say is 'muh genetics' like a retarded normie. There is still not one iota of genetic code for midface length, LMAO. only the shape of maxilla which is determined by race.

That is why almost all human skull models are the same, environmental factors CHANGE it. Don't pull out some muh puberty makes midface longer, LMFAO.

But no one has the exact same midface length because no one has the exact same oral posture.

That being said, there is nothing special about Leo's midface length, his beauty comes from his other features. You can tell this man's midface has fallen because of his long af nose, and despite that he has a short philtrum.

Thanks for proving my point, even I, my brother and mother have similar midface length to Leo.
All you can say is 'muh genetics' like a retarded normie. There is still not one iota of genetic code for midface length, LMAO. only the shape of maxilla which is determined by race.

That is why almost all human skull models are the same, environmental factors CHANGE it. Don't pull out some muh puberty makes midface longer, LMFAO.

Yep, the maxilla is a magical bone that has no basis in genetic code like literally every other part of the human body.

"My mother, brother, and I all have a similar midface length, so it's obviously not genetics!"

At this point I think you're just pretending to be retarded for reactions. There's no way anybody can be this retarded and even have the mental capacity to use a computer. You're just a bored teenager who likes to argue.

Yep, the maxilla is a magical bone that has no basis in genetic code like literally every other part of the human body.

"My mother, brother, and I all have a similar midface length, so it's obviously not genetics!"

At this point I think you're just pretending to be retarded for reactions. There's no way anybody can be this retarded and even have the mental capacity to use a computer. You're just a bored teenager who likes to argue.

Are you stupid? The only genetic code for the bone is to form it in the first place. Yeah bro, Wolff's Law doesn't exist.

I feel as if you just read what you want to read. I am claiming we have similar midface to Leonardo Di Caprio - you are acting like his midface length is special.

The only genetic code for the bone is to form it in the first place.

Right, absolutely zero genetic variations across the entire human population....unlike every other part of the human body.

Right, absolutely zero genetic variations across the entire human population....unlike every other part of the human body.

LOW IQ post. I already told you different races have different shaped maxillas.
You know some people have midface hypoplasia. People can have diseases of the midface due to genetic mutations.

Most people ears either have detached earlobe or attached earlobe, MUH ZERO GENETIC VARIATION

Your argument: "The philtrum obviously has genetic code to be long or short. The elbows obviously have genetic variation to be long or short."

Ask yourself, what good genetic variation in the face would do? The only place it makes sense is race. You are confirmed low IQ. Not every part of the body has genetic variation and the midface clearly doesn't have zero genetic variation and I never said that. That doesn't mean there are genes for midface length.

Correct oral posture is definitely B.S, I've always done it and pretty much never mouth-breathed as a child and I still only have a mediocre jawline with an awful profile.
According to mew the outer U of your face has to do with your jaw muscles. Were you eating hard food and working your jaw muscles?

its over for lookists.

Last edited:
Correct oral posture is definitely B.S, I've always done it and pretty much never mouth-breathed as a child and I still only have a mediocre jawline with an awful profile.
That’s because it needs to be accompanied by chewing hard foods. Correct tongue posture alone does not develop jaw muscles.

That’s because it needs to be accompanied by chewing hard foods. Correct tongue posture alone does not develop jaw muscles.
According to mew the outer U of your face has to do with your jaw muscles. Were you eating hard food and working your jaw muscles?
Relatively hard food, yes, I used to a chew a lot of gum too tbh. Most of the results you'll see from mewing are masseter hypertrophy though

Did you have perfectly straight teeth without the need for braces?
muh processed foods
muh mewing
muh tongue positioning
muh chem trails
muh soda and sweets
muh fluoride in tap water

Like they seem to think if they grew up "mewing", eating an organic diet, and filtered water, that they would somehow be 3+ points higher on the looks scale. Meanwhile plenty of Chads grew up eating the same processed foods, drinking the same water and soda and breathing the same air.

They desperately want to believe that they have decent genetics that were somehow compromised rather than accept their genetic inferiority.
The proof of Mewing though is if you look at fossilised skulls from before the onset of agriculture (when human diet changed from hard substances to soft bread) 99% have perfect maxillae and jaw development. Only after humans moved onto a cultivated diet did the change take place. This is a well recorded anthropological fact and pretty much proves the theory imo. Unless you can think of another reason for this fundamental change in human bone development and can identify another variable that occurred around the same time (10,000 years ago) then this is still the best explanation for the change.

Last edited:
Actually, this forum has a higher percentage of "mewcels", as evidenced by this thread. I seriously think I became brain dead reading @Spidey's posts (I'm 99% sure he's trolling, no one can possibly be that stupid, lmfao).

Most PSL old timers who were around when Mike Mew was discovered by sluthate in June 2014 and who contributed to many groundbreaking looks theories still in place today have long dismissed orthotropics as pseudoscience on par with the field of chiropractic. I've done hundreds of hours of research into mewing / facial posture over the last 4 years and the evidence is overwhelmingly bare. The Mew's would be laughed out of any scientific institution and rightfully so (and probably reported to the authorities for scamming millions out of gullible people). The only people still pushing mewing are desperate teencels who think they still have time to transform their faces. Sadly they have fallen hook line and sinker for the Mew's snake oil (see @Spidey's 80-85 IQ posts ITT). I mean jesus fucking christ, surely you should have at least a highschool understanding of human biology and genetics before you post.

Last edited:
Actually, this forum has a higher percentage of "mewcels", as evidenced by this thread. I seriously think I became brain dead reading @Spidey's posts (I'm 99% sure he's trolling, no one can possibly be that stupid, lmfao).

Most PSL old timers who were around when Mike Mew was discovered by sluthate in June 2014 and who contributed to many groundbreaking looks theories still in place today have long dismissed orthotropics as pseudoscience on par with the field of chiropractic. I've done hundreds of hours of research into mewing / facial posture over the last 4 years and the evidence is overwhelmingly bare. The Mew's would be laughed out of any scientific institution and rightfully so (and probably reported to the authorities for scamming millions out of gullible people). The only people still pushing mewing are desperate teencels who think they still have time to transform their faces. Sadly they have fallen hook line and sinker for the Mew's snake oil (see @Spidey's 80-85 IQ posts ITT). I mean jesus fucking christ, surely you should have at least a highschool understanding of human biology and genetics before you post.

muh iq
muh troll
muh no actual argument, just adhominems
muh just blame genetics bro

actually most PSL oldtimers say mewing is cope over the age of 20.
I'm tired of this low IQ brainlets that think they have mastered and discovered all there is to know about biology and genetics?

I wouldn't expect anything less from someone called @VileGeneticTrash . It may be ogre for you but not for me, I have already got wider zygos and a whole dossier of the evidence of mewing. Keep coping buddy boyo.

the midface clearly doesn't have zero genetic variation and I never said that. That doesn't mean there are genes for midface length.

So midface length does have genetic variation...but somehow there are no genes that correlate with midface length at all?

So midface length does have genetic variation...but somehow there are no genes that correlate with midface length at all?

*that doesn't mean there are no genes for the maxilla.

I want you to find me the genome that determines midface length. You can't because the 'midface' is something humans have classifed the middle of the face as. It is composed of the maxilla which has the nose and philtrum seated on it.

There are genes for the maxilla and its shape to FORM. End of. A long midface almost always consists of a fallen down maxilla.

muh processed foods
muh mewing
muh tongue positioning
muh chem trails
muh soda and sweets
muh fluoride in tap water

Like they seem to think if they grew up "mewing", eating an organic diet, and filtered water, that they would somehow be 3+ points higher on the looks scale. Meanwhile plenty of Chads grew up eating the same processed foods, drinking the same water and soda and breathing the same air.

They desperately want to believe that they have decent genetics that were somehow compromised rather than accept their genetic inferiority.
Well like anything in life its a combination of nature vs nurture. Having bad posture, diet, mouthbreating as a young kid or during puberty can fuck you up really hard. However at the same time, these factors have limited influence and barring disfiguring accidents or radiation/toxic chemical exposure, probably cant drop you by more than 2 points.

*that doesn't mean there are no genes for the maxilla.

I want you to find me the genome that determines midface length. You can't because the 'midface' is something humans have classifed the middle of the face as. It is composed of the maxilla which has the nose and philtrum seated on it.

There are genes for the maxilla and its shape to FORM. End of. A long midface almost always consists of a fallen down maxilla.

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep45885

Each heritability map consists of 4,096 landmark heritability estimates. Facial areas with high heritability across all four maps were the mental region, philtrum, nasal tip, nasion, inner eye corners, nasolabial folds and frontal process of maxilla.

Several landmarks with high (>0.65) heritability estimates were localized on well defined facial areas. Irrespective of the curvature index employed, landmarks belonging to the mental region, philtrum, nasal tip, nasion, inner eye corners, nasolabial folds and frontal process of maxilla gave consistently high estimates.

What's this? A scientific study that shows that the frontal process of the maxilla and the philtrum are actually MORE heritable than most other parts of the face? Hmmm....really gets that noggin joggin.

Last edited:
This entire thread is dogshit.

@Ryo_Hazuki funny that we are reiterating the exact arguments that took place 6 years ago on PUAHate.

The difference this time being that nobody here is well-versed in facial anatomy, example: @Spidey.

Src

Source on there is “one iota genetic code of midface length”? Is there a scientific document/study stating that or you just read that on some retard lookism post and started believing it like it’s a word from god himself?

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep45885

What's this? A scientific study that shows that the frontal process of the maxilla and the philtrum are actually MORE heritable than most other parts of the face? Hmmm....really gets that noggin joggin.

ty for proving my point. still no genetic code for maxilla length. ONLY SHAPE. frontal process is just part of that. that's good.

This entire thread is dogshit.

@Ryo_Hazuki funny that we are reiterating the exact arguments that took place 6 years ago on PUAHate.

The difference this time being that nobody here is well-versed in facial anatomy, example: @Spidey.

brilliant argument bro.

Src

Source on there is “one iota genetic code of midface length”? Is there a scientific document/study stating that or you just read that on some retard lookism post and started believing it like it’s a word from god himself?

lookism is a meme website. jfl if you believe more than 10% of anything on there. apart from the fact it is common sense and midface length is just a classification so it isn't possible. from all studies I have found, there is no genes for it.

Ryo's study found philtrum, nose tip and frontal process are highly heritable.

ty for proving my point. still no genetic code for maxilla length. ONLY SHAPE. frontal process is just part of that. that's good.

.....are you illiterate?

Do you just not know what the frontal process of the maxilla is? Here let me show you:

This is literally the main thing that controls midface length. And it's highly heritable as this study confirms.

Last edited:
.....are you illiterate?

Do you just not know what the frontal process of the maxilla is? Here let me show you:

This is literally the main thing that controls midface length. And it's highly heritable as this study confirms.

Literally what I was thinking about you, if you had any sense, you would know thats not at all the main thing that controls midface length.

Yeah, no you're reaching. It's obvious that is integral to side and undereyeshape. Notice how a lot of the nose shape and eye bits were highly heritable. As has been said, the shape is heritable.

Ties right back into race and how different races have different skulls. I've always held eye area is genetic.

Looks like you've been left with egg on your face, LMFAO.

Literally what I was thinking about you, if you had any sense, you would know thats not at all the main thing that controls midface length.

Yeah, no you're reaching. It's obvious that is integral to side and undereyeshape. Notice how a lot of the nose shape and eye bits were highly heritable. As has been said, the shape is heritable.

Ties right back into race and how different races have different skulls. I've always held eye area is genetic.

Looks like you've been left with egg on your face, LMFAO.

Where does it say that the genetic variations in the maxilla are exclusively shape and not length?

It's pretty obvious if you read and understood this study, you'd know that there are genetic variations that can cause a midface to be shorter or longer, otherwise there wouldn't be such a large heritability for the frontal process of the maxilla and philtrum (you know, the things that makeup a midface).

Apparently the problem is that the study doesn't spell it out for you in ways you can understand. Scientific studies generally aren't dumbed down to the point where people like you can comprehend them though.

Where does it say that the genetic variations in the maxilla are exclusively shape and not length?

It's pretty obvious if you read and understood this study, you'd know that there are genetic variations that can cause a midface to be shorter or longer, otherwise there wouldn't be such a large heritability for the frontal process of the maxilla and philtrum (you know, the things that makeup a midface).

Apparently the problem is that the study doesn't spell it out for you in ways you can understand. Scientific studies generally aren't dumbed down to the point where people like you can comprehend them though.

You're inserting your own beliefs, again. Where does it mention length? Imagine if a study said eye shape was inherited. You wouldn't be thinking of a longer eye - but youw ant to prove your point so you are.

Notice her daughter has an even shorter philtrum than her. They are clearly not talking about its length. The frontal process is basically just under the brow on each side of the nose so is basically the under and side eye area. It will not significantly affect midface length.

You're inserting your own beliefs, again. Where does it mention length?

This is where common sense comes into play. But you're either playing dumb, or are dumb.

Anyway if there are no genetic factors in maxilla length, how come Fragile X syndrome (a genetic disorder) causes the maxilla to be longer?

This is where common sense comes into play. But you're either playing dumb, or are dumb.

Anyway if there are no genetic factors in maxilla length, how come Fragile X syndrome (a genetic disorder) causes the maxilla to be longer?

Just lol at having to resort to LITERAL GENETIC MUTATIONS to prove your point and still failing.

Boy with Fragile X syndrome rivalling Leo's midface length:
300px-Fragx-2.jpg

8ZHzW2h.jpg

Seems all the images I've seen of Fragile X sufferers that have long faces are also mouthbreathing, fancy that?

Dude, I agree with you that many people on Lookism try and blame everything but their genetics and sometimes IT is just plain over or rather it never began. But the truth is oral posture affects the face and it's not all down to genes. I have always held the belief that race determines various things about the skulls and that eye area and the nose tip are genetic (literally what makes a lot of races look different among other things). But you're just reaching now, you clearly have some built up bitter resentment about Lookism which I have seen you spew out for months on this forum.

It's time to let go.

Just lol at having to resort to LITERAL GENETIC MUTATIONS to prove your point and still failing.

Boy with Fragile X syndrome rivalling Leo's midface length:

Nice try cherry picking, but the fact that fragile X commonly causes vertical maxillary excess is well documented:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4644135/

FXS include intellectual disability, attention deficit and hyperactivity, anxiety, autistic behaviors, sensory integration problems, speech delay, seizures, hyperextensible joints, hypotonia, postpubescent macroorchidism, flat feet and vertical maxillary excess with protruding ears

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3791953/

Aside from intellectual disability, prominent characteristics of the syndrome include an elongated face (vertical maxillary excess), high-arched palate, large or protruding ears

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragile_X_syndrome

Physical phenotype
  • Large, protruding ears (both)
  • Long face (vertical maxillary excess)
  • High-arched palate (related to the above)
  • Hyperextensible finger joints

And if it's because "they're all mouthbreathers" how come this same issue is not observed in people with down syndrome. In fact people with downs generally have overly COMPACT midfaces.

you clearly have some built up bitter resentment about Lookism which I have seen you spew out for months on this forum.

I only care because they come here, show a lack of respect for the userbase of this forum, break the rules repeatedly, troll, spam racebait threads, and generally degrade the quality of this forum. If they all stayed in their shithole and didn't come here (or came here, leaving their autism behind, and made an attempt to assimilate) I wouldn't mind. But the autism smoke is blowing over on my turf.

Nice try cherry picking, but the fact that fragile X commonly causes vertical maxillary excess is well documented:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4644135/

FXS include intellectual disability, attention deficit and hyperactivity, anxiety, autistic behaviors, sensory integration problems, speech delay, seizures, hyperextensible joints, hypotonia, postpubescent macroorchidism, flat feet and vertical maxillary excess with protruding ears

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3791953/

Aside from intellectual disability, prominent characteristics of the syndrome include an elongated face (vertical maxillary excess), high-arched palate, large or protruding ears

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragile_X_syndrome

Physical phenotype
  • Large, protruding ears (both)
  • Long face (vertical maxillary excess)
  • High-arched palate (related to the above)
  • Hyperextensible finger joints

And if it's because "they're all mouthbreathers" how come this same issue is not observed in people with down syndrome. In fact people with downs generally have overly COMPACT midfaces.

I only care because they come here, show a lack of respect for the userbase of this forum, break the rules repeatedly, troll, spam racebait threads, and generally degrade the quality of this forum. If they all stayed in their shithole and didn't come here (or came here, leaving their autism behind, and made an attempt to assimilate) I wouldn't mind. But the autism smoke is blowing over on my turf.

No cherrypicking, he was the first person to come up.

I already said there are genetic disorders of the maxilla - I mentioned midface hypoplasia.
Just lol at mentioning Down's Syndrome when they have 'flat midface' due to midface hypoplasia.

If the only evidence you can find for genes directly relating to a vertical maxillary excess is a disorder - you've clearly run out of options because normal people do not have these issues. Notice no mention of the frontal process, so that point is out the window. As I said there are genes for the maxilla to form, it's clear if that goes wrong - it results in things like that.

And yet I wonder how that boy ended up with a perfectly fine midface and he is the first person that came up, odd?

Back to Fragile X, "Physical features may include a long and narrow face, large ears, flexible fingers, and large testicles." - from you Wikipedia link where THE boy I used comes up. Notice the may? It's almost as if you're proving my point.

Vertical maxillary excess doesn't necessarily mean long midface. The poster boy for this disorder has vertical maxillary excess which results in a gummy smile but his midface is still fine. Once again, you reached.

300px-Fragx-2.jpg

Seems like Mew gets righter everyday.

No cherrypicking, he was the first person to come up.

I already said there are genetic disorders of the maxilla - I mentioned midface hypoplasia.
Just lol at mentioning Down's Syndrome when they have 'flat midface' due to midface hypoplasia.

If the only evidence you can find for genes directly relating to a vertical maxillary excess is a disorder - you've clearly run out of options because normal people do not have these issues. Notice no mention of the frontal process, so that point is out the window. As I said there are genes for the maxilla to form, it's clear if that goes wrong - it results in things like that.

And yet I wonder how that boy ended up with a perfectly fine midface and he is the first person that came up, odd?

Back to Fragile X, "Physical features may include a long and narrow face, large ears, flexible fingers, and large testicles." - from you Wikipedia link where THE boy I used comes up. Notice the may? It's almost as if you're proving my point.

Vertical maxillary excess doesn't necessarily mean long midface. The poster boy for this disorder has vertical maxillary excess which results in a gummy smile but his midface is still fine. Once again, you reached.

300px-Fragx-2.jpg

Seems like Mew gets righter everyday.

You can keep posting that cherry picked pic over and over that still doesn't disprove anything.

Here are some much more typical examples of fragile X syndrome:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-06-fragile-proteins-involved-proper-neuron.html

Prominent characteristics of the syndrome include an elongated face, large or protruding ears, and low muscle tone.

You can keep posting that cherry picked pic over and over that still doesn't disprove anything.

Here are some much more typical examples of fragile X syndrome:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-06-fragile-proteins-involved-proper-neuron.html

Prominent characteristics of the syndrome include an elongated face, large or protruding ears, and low muscle tone.

well done for ignoring the rest of my post that answered what you said. It's not cherrypicking, I typed in Fragile X into Google and it was the first result, who says you aren't cherrypicking? Both those people have fallen maxillas and no one can say which was the chicken or the egg, buddy boyo. That picture has clearly shown it is possible to have the vertical maxillary excess without the long midface. Proof by counter-example. If you want to say they have a disorder, but do people on Lookism and you have that disorder? If not, you have reached new heights of cope because you haven't actually proved any of the beliefs you're against wrong.

The people with the disease are more prone to it (as your link says) but as that (muh cherrypicked) picture has shown, long midface is not necessarily caused by that disease. Correlation doesn't equal causation.

either way, using genetic disorders to try and prove that long midface is predetermined by genetics in normal people is the most low IQ thing you have done so far.

Some people have Growth Hormone Defieciency, does that mean if you have low Growth Hormone, it was caused by genetics? Not necessarily and the vast majority of people do not have Growth Hormone Deficiency.

either way, using genetic disorders to try and prove that long midface is predetermined by genetics in normal people is the most low IQ thing you have done so far.

I'm trying to spell it out for you in ways you can understand, but no matter how it's explained to you...you just don't get it. Either that or you're just pretending to be dense just so you can have something to argue about.

I mean I showed you a scientific study that shows in very plain english, that the philtrum and the frontal process of the maxilla (that things that make up a midface) are highly heritable traits. And you just said "they mean the shape, not the size and length" when the article said absolutely nothing of the sort.

So I'm kind of running out of ways I can explain this to you, because no matter how much I dumb it down, and no matter how much evidence I show you, you're just not getting it, and instead sit there with your fingers in your ears, shouting lookism memes.

I'm trying to spell it out for you in ways you can understand, but no matter how it's explained to you...you just don't get it. Either that or you're just pretending to be dense just so you can have something to argue about.

I mean I showed you a scientific study that shows in very plain english, that the philtrum and the frontal process of the maxilla (that things that make up a midface) are highly heritable traits. And you just said "they mean the shape, not the size and length" when the article said absolutely nothing of the sort.

So I'm kind of running out of ways I can explain this to you, because no matter how much I dumb it down, and no matter how much evidence I show you, you're just not getting it, and instead sit there with your fingers in your ears, shouting lookism memes.

The nose also makes up the midface? You didn't mention that. The frontal process is literally by the eyes, it makes no difference to midface length. A long philtrum can though, but every normal baby has a short philtrum? This is the point where you cope and say puberty activate genes but you have no study for that.

The article says absolutely nothing of midface length or inherting a "long frontal process" or inheriting a "long philtrum"?

It is simply common sense. If the article mentions inherting inner eye corners and a nasal tip, it is clear talking about shape.

up until this point you have found nothing to suggest a long midface is caused solely by genetics (in normal people).

also the study itself (that you linked) claims to be studying shape variation and morpohology. you fucked up.

Last edited:
So you're saying the height of the nose is not a heritable trait?

I don't know but your study doesn't seem to support it. In fact it literally claims to be measuring shape variation and morphology.

I don't know

But you've been speaking so authoritatively like you're absolutely 100 percent certain that midface length is NOT caused by any genetic factors.

Up until now you were militant, and steadfast in this belief........but now you're unsure if the height of the nose (which you already admitted makes up part of the midface) has any genetic basis? Sounds like you just want room to backpedal if I find a study that conforms that.

Last edited:
It's a form of cope we do the same lol

Mewing actually works if you’re a kid though. You could’ve at least grown with a god like lower third.

But you've been speaking so authoritatively like you're absolutely 100 percent certain that midface length is NOT caused by any genetic factors.

Up until now you were militant, and steadfast in this belief........but now you're unsure if the height of the nose (which you already admitted makes up part of the midface) has any genetic basis? Sounds like you just want room to backpedal if I find a study that conforms that.

That is because "midface length" is clearly not in the genome. And as far as I have seen, there are genes for the shapes on things in the midface. Your first sentence just applies to you bruh.

It's hardly backpedalling if I haven't made the statement yet. But after looking at a few studies, they can only find heritability in the shape. So okay, I do not believe the height of the nose is a heritable trait.

That is because "midface length" is clearly not in the genome. And as far as I have seen, there are genes for the shapes on things in the midface. Your first sentence just applies to you bruh.

It's hardly backpedalling if I haven't made the statement yet. But after looking at a few studies, they can only find heritability in the shape. So okay, I do not believe the height of the nose is a heritable trait.

From the same study:

Moderate heritability, varying approximately between 0.35 and 0.65, was found for traits such as nasion-basion and nasion-sella distances, as well as the position of the lower jaw and the nasal height15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23. More recent studies used facial photographs instead, due to the simplicity in which the images can be obtained.

ttps://www.nature.com/articles/srep45885

Now, I can already predict your backpedal. You're going to put emphasis on the word "moderate" and try to dismiss it or claims it "proves you right". But moderate heritability still means it's under genetic control, at least to some significant extent. Either that or you're going to try and change the subject.

From the same study:

ttps://www.nature.com/articles/srep45885

Now, I can already predict your backpedal. You're going to put emphasis on the word "moderate" and try to dismiss it or claims it "proves you right". But moderate heritability still means it's under genetic control, at least to some significant extent. Either that or you're going to try and change the subject.

Calling out a counter-argument before it's made doesn't actually make you right but whatever. The study itself claims anything "moderately heritable" (and this is between identical twins) is suprisingly low, so just lol at trying to claim it's a significant extent. Seems I can attribute that to same oral posture very easily.

Calling out a counter-argument before it's made doesn't actually make you right but whatever. The study itself claims anything "moderately heritable" (and this is between identical twins) is suprisingly low, so just lol at trying to claim it's a significant extent. Seems I can attribute that to same oral posture very easily.

"moderately heritable" still means it's heritable. If it was 100 percent "muh oral posture" it would have zero heritability.

"moderately heritable" still means it's heritable. If it was 100 percent "muh oral posture" it would have zero heritability.

Not really because it is done on identical twins so they have the same mother and environment. Lmfao. The study itself says moderate heritability is surprisingly low considering they are using identical twins.

They are basically just trying to find which areas are similar between them, they have no knowledge of oral posture - who's to say it doesn't come into it.

At the end of the day, if you believe environmental factors have no effects on looks, you can keep believing that. I will continuely disagree with that because of overwhelming evidence. At least I can rest knowing I can project both my jaw furthers.

They are basically just trying to find which areas are similar between them, they have no knowledge of oral posture - who's to say it doesn't come into it.

Yeah, you clearly know more about this stuff than the people who conducted the study.

Autistic ramblings on lookism = gospel. Reading them and putting blind faith in them makes you smarter and more educated than anyone who ever did a scientific study ever....or at least the ones that prove you wrong.

At the end of the day, if you believe environmental factors have no effects on looks, you can keep believing that.

Stawman. I never said it was zero. But if you're a 2/10 incel, your issues are almost certainly genetics, unless you were in an accident that left your face deformed, or were acid faced or something.

If you think these people would have compact midfaces if they ate "muh hard foods" and had proper "muh tounge positioning" you're beyond retarded. Either that or you're just pretending to be a retard to get people to respond to you.

As someone used to say on PUAHate, there were Tyrones who grew up in the projects eating chicken nuggets and drinking coke everyday and they grew just fine.

Yeah, you clearly know more about this stuff than the people who conducted the study.

Autistic ramblings on lookism = gospel. Reading them and putting blind faith in them makes you smarter and more educated than anyone who ever did a scientific study ever....or at least the ones that prove you wrong.

Stawman. I never said it was zero. But if you're a 2/10 incel, your issues are almost certainly genetics, unless you were in an accident that left your face deformed, or were acid faced or something.

If you think these people would have compact midfaces if they ate "muh hard foods" and had proper "muh tounge positioning" you're beyond retarded. Either that or you're just pretending to be a retard to get people to respond to you.

Strawmanning and black pill theories on incels.is = gospel

Again, I got 5% of my oral posture knowledge from Lookism. The internet as a whole is a much better resource. There is not much of anything you can learn from there. Lmao, oral posture is not a well known topic. Before Issac Newton formulated his theory of gravity, if he told me about it and others didn't know - they wouldn't know, that doesn't make me smarter than them. And it definitely doesn't make you smarter than me, don't try and make it a battle of intelligence.

No strawman, I said "if you believe". The position you gave at the end basically proved my point. I believed environmental factors had an effect on looks, that doesn't mean it is the cause of everyone's inceldom. Your thread title clearly condemns blaming environmental factors. Don't try and backpedal now - I haven't seen a 2/10 incel post on Lookism yet.

Is there any actual hardcore scientific evidence that posture and mewing and mouth breathing/nosebreathing will determinate the shape and prominence of your jawline, chin and face? If that is indeed the case, does this mean everyone should in theory be able to gain a chad like jawline by following correct procedure from childhood? Nah man this shit is surely mostly determined by genetics.

I mean if this shit is true then why the fuck isnt this plastered towards every school in the world to save future incels from such a fate?

IMO everything is 99% down to genetics. I mean look at girls in Sweden/Norway/Denmark, a massive percentage of these girls will have solid prominent chins compared to a country in Asia or Africa, I highly doubt its because of environment factors and more in terms of genetic makeup of the peoples.

Is there any actual hardcore scientific evidence that posture and mewing and mouth breathing/nosebreathing will determinate the shape and prominence of your jawline, chin and face?
no

I have to disagree. Just because chads grew up with shitty environment and became chads doesn't indicate an incel or normie who grew up in a shitty environment couldn't have become better looking if they hadn't grown in a shitty environment and had good life style. As an example my face was normie tier all the way, to the extent I got interest and IOI's from girls, all the way until the end of puberty at the age of 16. This has to be environmental especially since I was in India and extremely stresed during the summer my face turned ugly. I am not saying I would have necessarily become chad though it was still possible, but there's no reason I would have turned ugly if not for environmental factors. Neither of my parents are ugly either, they are both decent looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back