Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It’s hard to shower

Epedaphic

Epedaphic

Overlord
★★★★★
Anyone else have a hard time showering? For me, I feel extremely trapped and I’m stuck with my thoughts, which are not pleasant. So I put off showering until I absolutely have to (I’m out of food or I’m going to be around other people). It makes it hard for me to go out anytime other than those occasions, and I’d like to go out more. I already struggle a lot with going outside and this would be one less thing getting in the way of that.

Are there any tips people have for having a less stressful experience showering?

Also, this is not a “just take a shower bro” thread, or a thread about meeting women. There was a time when I didn’t have this issue, and where I was showering regularly and going to classes in college etc. where I was around women. Nothing came of it. Again, this is irrelevant anyway.

Last edited:
You're curry so not showering is second nature to you. :feelshaha:

You're curry so not showering is second nature to you. :feelshaha:
I figured it’d only be a matter of time until this response.

Honestly, I’m aware of the stereotype of Indians having body odor. I’m personally very self conscious about body odor, I wish I could be as low inhib as some Indians I see walking around while having BO. But even with no BO, I’m very self conscious about going outside unshowered.

Anyway, did you have anything to contribute, or did you just want to make the racist comment?

No honestly. I shower practically every single day, it just feels weird if i don't.
I see. I feel uncomfortable if I don’t shower at least every other day. I even have trouble sleeping sometimes because of it. But still the anxiety around showering overpowers that discomfort for me.

Is it a part of a routine you have? Like the same time every day?

It sounds like something foid only but I really feel ashamed about my LDAR body and I don't really want to look myself in the mirror naked.

Yeah same here
:feelsbadman:
It sounds like something foid only but I really feel ashamed about my LDAR body and I don't really want to look myself in the mirror naked.
I hear you man :feelsbadman: and I’d say this used to be something foid-only, that level of shame about one’s body, but now with how bad hypergamy has gotten it’s spread to us too. We could have strove for a society where nobody had it, instead we’ve ended up in one where everyone has it and even worse than before.

I shower once a week because if i sit too much in the shower the suicidal thoughts become too much. I need to jeep myself busy with vanity at all times

I used to shower every day no exceptions now when I am not waging anymore I shower once a week at most, the pungent odor of days old sweat is clinging to me like becky clings to chads hobbies in an effort to get his attention.

Thanks man. Will try this today (or do my best to).
I think lack of showering could be linked to clinical depression. Not showering when going out amongst people is something more severe like schizophrenia .. not being aware.

When out for grocery, appointments other errands I have long shower in advance, wear fresh clothes and use sum light deodorant unless it drive-thru or quick 24hr walk-in gas station.

Last edited:
I usually take a shower about 3-4 times a week, but it can certainly be a hassle sometimes especially in cold weather

I like it, it's nice to listen to the water and think about shit

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Unfortunately I failed to shower yesterday but today is a new day. I don’t know what it is. I just have this strong fear of being stuck in there with my own thoughts.

I shower once a week because if i sit too much in the shower the suicidal thoughts become too much. I need to jeep myself busy with vanity at all times
:feelsbadman: The shower is the one place I have no escape from my own thoughts. I’ve realized just how addicted to distraction I’ve become.
I used to shower every day no exceptions now when I am not waging anymore I shower once a week at most, the pungent odor of days old sweat is clinging to me like becky clings to chads hobbies in an effort to get his attention.
Beautiful metaphor. My showering frequency was around once every day to once every other day when I was waging. During my neet period it also dropped to once a week or every two weeks. i think it was during waging though that i developed this aversion i now have.
I think lack of showering could be linked to clinical depression. Not showering when going out amongst people is something more severe like schizophrenia .. not being aware.

When out for grocery, appointments other errands I have long shower in advance, wear fresh clothes and use sum light deodorant unless it drive-thru or quick 24hr walk-in gas station.
I suspect that too. I’m working on getting it treated but… nothings working. Need to just try something else.

Sounds like you plan it out pretty far ahead.
I usually take a shower about 3-4 times a week, but it can certainly be a hassle sometimes especially in cold weather
I see. I hear that putting a towel in the dryer is a nice thing to do to have a warm towel when you come out. I just remembered this and might try it…
I like it, it's nice to listen to the water and think about shit
Thanks for this perspective. I’ll try to focus on the sound of the water. The thinking part, I’ll do my best to think about nice or cool things

Last edited:
When I'm left to my thoughts I usually get really depressed so, when showering or trying to fall asleep, I always have some sort of sound playing in the background I can focus on. A random YouTube video or an album. It doesn't always work, but it helps a bit. As a bonus it helps with my tinnitus

Only because I'm fat and it makes me hyperaware of my disgusting body and appearance.

Damn sorry to hear you're at this low point bro. When you're at the point when you don't give fucks about showering, having clean clothes, and eating. That's when you know you're in danger zone. Maybe try to add some relaxing things to your shower time. Buy a high quality soap bar and some quality shampoo and conditioner. Get a scrub brush so you can get your back and legs real good. You can also just do all cold water and I promise you won't want to be in there long lol

I incorporated some different strategies from the thread to help and I’ve been showering more often. It feels good to be clean and ready to go out whenever I may want to or need to. Thanks for the help brocels.
When I'm left to my thoughts I usually get really depressed so, when showering or trying to fall asleep, I always have some sort of sound playing in the background I can focus on. A random YouTube video or an album. It doesn't always work, but it helps a bit. As a bonus it helps with my tinnitus
i used music recently which was nice.
Damn sorry to hear you're at this low point bro. When you're at the point when you don't give fucks about showering, having clean clothes, and eating. That's when you know you're in danger zone. Maybe try to add some relaxing things to your shower time. Buy a high quality soap bar and some quality shampoo and conditioner. Get a scrub brush so you can get your back and legs real good. You can also just do all cold water and I promise you won't want to be in there long lol
i might try to get some of those things once i make a little more money.