Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Is truck driving the best job for an incel?

METALMILITA88

METALMILITA88

King Of The Confederacy
★★★★★
You get to spend all day alone rotting in your truck driving it while listening to music or whatever else you want. I think I may have to go to trucking school. My family won’t accept me being NEET forever.

I've heard mostly good things about trucking if you have the introversion necessary for it. More normal folks can't handle the loneliness.

If it weren't for my cat and my having lucked into a tech job, I would probably be a trucker. I think it's ultimately in my future at some point, depending on how the next decade goes for me jobwise.

It's a great job for an incel. It offers a realistic opportunity to make 100k+, job security, and a path to early retirement since you can live out of your truck and bank / invest most earnings. Very flexible scheduling too, esp. if you're an owner operator. With all these benefits you can easily get poon if you're OK paying for it.

Best forum to learn more is https://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/truckers

I think you'll find a lot of similar guys in trucking too. They probably won't publicly identify as incels of course but many struggle with women and are short. Not a coincidence many of them became truckers.

Last edited:
That’s why I think it would be easy for me. I am already very isolated. Spending days at a time driving would be nothing for me. I also want to be able to stop and pick up work whenever I want but I don’t think this is how it works especially if you are hired by a company.
I've heard mostly good things about trucking if you have the introversion necessary for it. More normal folks can't handle the loneliness

Safety is really the only issue. In europe immigrants are a massive problem but I guess if you're a burgercel you can just buy a gun.

Safety is really the only issue. In europe immigrants are a massive problem but I guess if you're a burgercel you can just buy a gun.
You mean they will try to break in your truck or your trailer and steal the product?

You mean they will try to break in your truck or your trailer and steal the product?
Both and immigrants (both in europe and south us) try to get across the border by breaking and hiding in the trailers

Both and immigrants (both in europe and south us) try to get across the border by breaking and hiding in the trailers
I will shoot a spic dead in the head with 45 acp if they try to hide in my trailer (in GTA)

You get to spend all day alone rotting in your truck driving it while listening to music or whatever else you want.

I think I would like trucking as well. I love driving for long distance, like 700 miles + in a day. Just listening to music or podcasts and minding my own business while on the road. I've driven from Sacramento to Seattle and Atlanta to Houston alone and they were both amazing.

I think I would like trucking as well. I love driving for long distance, like 700 miles + in a day. Just listening to music or podcasts and minding my own business while on the road. I've driven from Sacramento to Seattle and Atlanta to Houston alone and they were both amazing.
You have a driving job or did you make those trips for fun?

You have a driving job or did you make those trips for fun?

I've never had a driving job. Sacramento to Seattle was for vacation, and Atlanta to Houston was because I missed my connecting flight to see my family.

You get to spend all day alone rotting in your truck driving it while listening to music or whatever else you want. I think I may have to go to trucking school. My family won’t accept me being NEET forever.
First year is hell.
After that it gets better, being a company driver sucks though.

I think there are at least two self identified trucker incels on this forum.

I think it sounds like a neat job, especially if you want to be isolated.

First year is hell.
After that it gets better, being a company driver sucks though.
I’ve heard that a lot but for me I rather go through that then any retail job or anything like that.

Can you describe why exactly it’s bad?

I’ve heard that a lot but for me I rather go through that then any retail job or anything like that.

Can you describe why exactly it’s bad?
Pay is bad when first starting usually around .32-.34 a mile.
You'll spend up to 3 months living in a truck with a trainer. That was the worst part
Your income is directly dependent on relationship with dispatcher. Piss him/her off watch your miles go down.
Most places are forced dispatch no choice where you go or when how you get a load.

Is it better to own your own rig and drive as a private contractor?
It can be.
I negotiate my own rates. Operate only where when I want to.
Trade off is all expenses are mine. Breakdowns can be a pain as well. I've have no revenue for 3 weeks.
I'd never go back to being a company driver though.

Interesting. And what about other drivers, do they tend to have families/married, etc? Or are many truckcels... Im curious given the nature of the job with long distance travel :feelswhere:
Not sure don't talk to many.
When I do its mostly idle chat. Bitching about traffic, weather, shippers, fuel etc

It can be.
I negotiate my own rates. Operate only where when I want to.
Trade off is all expenses are mine. Breakdowns can be a pain as well. I've have no revenue for 3 weeks.
I'd never go back to being a company driver though.
So the companies pay for your Fuel and maintenance of the truck?

company driver yes
That sounds like a better deal to me. Yeah it’s annoying having to answer to somebody but with the price of Fuel going up and diesel repairs I think it’s better to not have to foot those bills. Maybe I’m just a cheapskate.

Yup. You can listen to thousands of songs, podcasts, and watch movies all day. Have a doggo on your passenger seat too. Never have to interact with anyone other than to sign off paperwork before unloading the truck

That sounds like a better deal to me. Yeah it’s annoying having to answer to somebody but with the price of Fuel going up and diesel repairs I think it’s better to not have to foot those bills. Maybe I’m just a cheapskate.
last load i did before truck went in shop

paid 3,500

after expenses i got 2,227

Not bad but some repairs can wipe you out. Got around 15k I expect my repair bill to be somewhere between 5k-9k

@OwnerOpcell as an owner operator you can take time off whenever you want right?

@OwnerOpcell as an owner operator you can take time off whenever you want right?
of course as long as you got the cash to pay any monthly bills.
Been home for 3 weeks not by choice though. own the tractor so no worries there. I lease a trailer 1k month.
other than that i'm mostly debt free, bought a bedjet on credit.

I've thought about it a few times

Love my KW, hate the junk def system.
Excited for this hydrogen truck
Nikola

i would do this except i hate driving

Do you need a high school diploma to be a truck driver or no?

Do you need a high school diploma to be a truck driver or no?
Never been asked to provide proof of diploma or ged. hell after all these years i don't even know where my diploma is.

i would do this except i hate driving
I’m fine with driving a normal car but an 18 wheeler makes me nervous I guess that’s what the training is for.

Being a NEET for a lot of years now, Trucking does sound like an attractive option for the reasons you mentioned

Never been asked to provide proof of diploma or ged. hell after all these years i don't even know where my diploma is.
What was your diet like while on the road?

You should be a bartender at a popular college bar

What was your diet like while on the road?
when i first started in my early 20's fast food and soda.
now flavored water and anything i can cook/prepare in the truck with a subway sandwich or something thrown in every once and a while for variety.

when i first started in my early 20's fast food and soda.
now flavored water and anything i can cook/prepare in the truck with a subway sandwich or something thrown in every once and a while for variety.
Did you gain a lot of weight?

yup
i was always overweight, those first few years just accelerated me to new highs. 450+ was my heaviest.
Damn I think I have more control though and when I’m working I’ll take adderal and will only need one meal a day.

Damn I think I have more control though and when I’m working I’ll take adderal and will only need one meal a day.
automatic disqualification for that

Last edited:
looked over the regs.
that one is on a case by case basis and is the sole decision of the dot examiner
It seems odd to not allow someone to take prescribed medications especially regarding health. It’s not like I have to tell them either.

It seems odd to not allow someone to take prescribed medications especially regarding health. It’s not like I have to tell them either.
have to disclose all prescriptions.

I've thought a lot about this and came upon the same conclusion.
Currently I work an office job that pays me a regular salary for my country (somewhat better than average jobs), but I hate staying at home all day writing stuff that I hate and having to deal with the Justice system and people in general. I also do not want to work by myself in this field because it's really really hard to pay off and the only chance at that would be with good connections and (corporate) clientes, which is not something that I'm able to gather due to my low social skills (even though I'm good at the job writing-wise).
I love to drive and would love being able to be alone and barely have to deal with people (and even then the people will be mostly unkown).
I wouldn't mind a pay decrease if it meant the "personal freedom" it would bring me in a way (being able to do a simple job that depends mostly on my own, bring thing from place A to place B), instead of having to deal with the entanglements of legal cases, which is very stressful and I'm already getting to old for that.

I'd like to hear the fellow truckcels on the following questions:

1) Would I be able to keep a somewhat regular routine of exercise? I love to train fighting and would like to keep a regular schedule for that, if I'm doing long trips, I guess I would have to miss on maybe 3 to 5 days of training, but I'd be able to rest/train on the next days, depending on the frequency of the trips.
2) Taking the necessary safety steps, how safe do you feel when doing your work? Is it highly stressful because of deadlines or are those manageable, and are the trips too risky regarding vehicular accidents? I think probably not unless you're really speeding.
3) Would I be able to keep my weed addiction? I think probably not since at least in my country the surveillance and testing are kind of strict.

I know the answers might vary if you work for someone else or being your own boss, but give me whatever perspective you've got.

Ideally I think I'd want to, within a few years of experience, investing on my own transportation firm or my own truck, work by myself, make my own schedule (and try to work less then I would in a 9 to 5, or at least be able to arrange my own daily/weekly schedule for my own purposes).

Do you have any thoughts that could help @OwnerOpcell ?

Love my KW, hate the junk def system.
Excited for this hydrogen truck
View attachment 597473

Also how does the pay work is it strictly by the mile or is there salary involved.
Varies from company to company.
Long haul OTR is usually by mile, some pay percentage
Local can pay by mile, by hour, percentage.

All have advantages disadvantages. I've never had an hourly position so not sure if it better than others.
My favorite as a company driver was percentage.

I've thought a lot about this and came upon the same conclusion.
Currently I work an office job that pays me a regular salary for my country (somewhat better than average jobs), but I hate staying at home all day writing stuff that I hate and having to deal with the Justice system and people in general. I also do not want to work by myself in this field because it's really really hard to pay off and the only chance at that would be with good connections and (corporate) clientes, which is not something that I'm able to gather due to my low social skills (even though I'm good at the job writing-wise).
I love to drive and would love being able to be alone and barely have to deal with people (and even then the people will be mostly unkown).
I wouldn't mind a pay decrease if it meant the "personal freedom" it would bring me in a way (being able to do a simple job that depends mostly on my own, bring thing from place A to place B), instead of having to deal with the entanglements of legal cases, which is very stressful and I'm already getting to old for that.

I'd like to hear the fellow truckcels on the following questions:

1) Would I be able to keep a somewhat regular routine of exercise? I love to train fighting and would like to keep a regular schedule for that, if I'm doing long trips, I guess I would have to miss on maybe 3 to 5 days of training, but I'd be able to rest/train on the next days, depending on the frequency of the trips.
2) Taking the necessary safety steps, how safe do you feel when doing your work? Is it highly stressful because of deadlines or are those manageable, and are the trips too risky regarding vehicular accidents? I think probably not unless you're really speeding.
3) Would I be able to keep my weed addiction? I think probably not since at least in my country the surveillance and testing are kind of strict.

I know the answers might vary if you work for someone else or being your own boss, but give me whatever perspective you've got.

Ideally I think I'd want to, within a few years of experience, investing on my own transportation firm or my own truck, work by myself, make my own schedule (and try to work less then I would in a 9 to 5, or at least be able to arrange my own daily/weekly schedule for my own purposes).

Do you have any thoughts that could help @OwnerOpcell ?
1. Depends on company. Some can run you real tight which gets annoying really quick.
Find the ones that give you room to breathe you'll have time to train.

2. Deadlines vary. Some can be tight, some not. Traffic always sucks, I night run to maximize productivity and reduce stress.

3. Banned

You need to get into trucking before it gets automated, tesla and google are investing into automating it ever since the canada trucker protests happened.

You need to get into trucking before it gets automated, tesla and google are investing into automating it ever since the canada trucker protests happened.
We are still along way from that.
Having an auto truck that still requires a driver doesn't seem worth it financially.
Driverless truck won't work until everything's automated fully.
With a driver a company can still pin an accident on them completely auto can only blame the computer. Lawsuits will end that idea quickly.