Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Is Team Fortress 2 the hardest game for new players?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Considering it's a game that it's not popular anymore most of the players that remain have dedicated it thousands of hours (because they've been playing for a very long time) so they're experts in their class or have mastered different classes. This makes the game very unforgiving and brutal for new players because the rest of the team already knows the strategy and tricks to win while you the noob just try to survive in the middle of that mess. I remember I tried playing it when I was 13 because I liked the memes and "meet the *insert TF2 class*" videos and I got absolutely ass raped kek, literally I couldn't survive more than 10 seconds no matter the class I chose. I gave up one week later, uninstalled and never played that fucking game again.

Even League of Legends is easier to get into and Overwatch even easier, I remember in Overwatch quite early on I could play well (my mains where Pharah, Soldier 76 or Tracer), get kills and avoid getting killed. On League of Legends I sucked but not as much as in TF2.

Last edited:
I think Starcraft Brood war is harder if you count strategy games. It's been around for more than 20 years and the players you meet on the ladder have mastered the most optimized build orders and would absolutely destroy all newcomers.

Even for Starcraft II, which is more recent, I had to spend a couple of weeks watching tutorials, memorizing build orders, before I was placed at the 50% percentile on the ladder.

I think that title probably goes to the old arena shooters for the same reasons. They're player bases are minuscule because of their age and obscurity. New players have no opportunities to practice against anybody that is anywhere near their skill level.

i don't think it's as hard as cs 1.6

i notice what u describe happens in a lot of old games with very scarce playerbase, so all it's left is tryhards with 3k hours and the most sadistic trolls

depends on the overall skill threshold , i got gm in overwatch in a few months years ago , meanwhile i played league for like 8+ years and it was a pain just to hit diamond after 1 and a half year of tryharding. i'd say games that tend to punish mistakes severely + veteran playerbase are the hardest

i don't think it's as hard as cs 1.6

i notice what u describe happens in a lot of old games with very scarce playerbase, so all it's left is tryhards with 3k hours and the most sadistic trolls

The fact that there are a million different franchises has fractured playerbases down to these extremes. Imagine if there was a single monolithic worldwide "the shooter game" which was the only of its genre? You could have massive games.

nah, its just a fun game

Try going on crit servers. It's a good way to start off in TF2.

There's no way league is easier to get into. The only reason I managed to get into league was because I joined during a season where there were a lot of bots in pvp mode so even if I was doing poorly I could manage to get fed off them and still have fun. TF2 is a super casual game and you shouldn't run into many tryhards.

Pretty much every online competitive game is a hell for beginners and casual players. As soon as you start playng you are gonnaget matched against a guy who plays like 25 hours a day

There's no way league is easier to get into. The only reason I managed to get into league was because I joined during a season where there were a lot of bots in pvp mode so even if I was doing poorly I could manage to get fed off them and still have fun. TF2 is a super casual game and you shouldn't run into many tryhards.
League of legends is still popular so you can find many new players of your same level to practice, the problem is smurf accounts but at least if you're level 10 they're not going to put you in a match with someone that is level 100 kek

The fact that there are a million different franchises has fractured playerbases down to these extremes. Imagine if there was a single monolithic worldwide "the shooter game" which was the only of its genre? You could have massive games.
that would be possible if these billonaire companies cared about maling a good game rather than doing the bare minimum to milk money

League of legends is still popular so you can find many new players of your same level to practice, the problem is smurf accounts but at least if you're level 10 they're not going to put you in a match with someone that is level 100 kek
(If I started over) I'd rather get put in a match against a level 100 then someone my level because someone my level would mean they are a smurf and that they got banned for a reason so the likelihood of them being toxic is higher. 8/10 times you will get matched with a smurf.

MGE. That is all you need to know. :society:

the steam DL is only 15 gigabytes, not as large as I had thoght, worth a shot I guess?

only 14.6 free now so I'll need to port some more anime to my drives but I was hoping to actually watch htem first