Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Is it just me or is job hunting unnecessarily unpleasant? XD

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★
Not just the rejections from employers (which I find a bit tough when it's over and over again) but also... on so many job sites (maybe all, I dunno) many employers want you to jump through so many hoops to apply for positions! Long online forms to fill in, sign ups, etc. I'm sure you guys know what I mean.

And all that just to usually just be rejected because they have so many applicants that your odds were very low anyway.

Does anyone else find this too? Or know of any job sites that streamline/simplify applications a bit so it's not as bad?

I know not ALL employers do it so maybe I could just apply to ones that don't do it.

Just wondered what you guys thought :)

Thanks!

Not just the rejections from employers (which I find a bit tough when it's over and over again) but also... on so many job sites (maybe all, I dunno) many employers want you to jump through so many hoops to apply for positions! Long online forms to fill in, sign ups, etc. I'm sure you guys know what I mean.

And all that just to usually just be rejected because they have so many applicants that your odds were very low anyway.

Does anyone else find this too? Or know of any job sites that streamline/simplify applications a bit so it's not as bad?

I know not ALL employers do it so maybe I could just apply to ones that don't do it.

Just wondered what you guys thought :)

Thanks!

Maybe I should just go back to cold calling lots of small businesses in quick succession like I used to when I was younger. That tended to work well, heh :)

Yeah it's shit tbh. It gets very demoralizing getting rejected over and over, especially when you studied for something for years and haven't been able to get into the field. In Chadstralia the job market is pretty bad, especially for young people. This covid has made things so much worse. I mainly use seek and indeed and word of mouth family/friend connections. It hasn't helped so far, but you can only try.

Yeah it's shit tbh. It gets very demoralizing getting rejected over and over, especially when you studied for something for years and haven't been able to get into the field. In Chadstralia the job market is pretty bad, especially for young people. This covid has made things so much worse. I mainly use seek and indeed and word of mouth family/friend connections. It hasn't helped so far, but you can only try.
This tbh. Also, the bigger the firm, the more bullshit they expect.

Smaller firms are a lot better when it comes to hiring.

I'd say try to somehow get in touch with an actual manager who you will report to (tho it's easier said than done). If he likes you, he may well fast track you through all those formalities. Don't write off third party recruiters / staffers too - most of them are shit, but there are some out there who can actually help and push your resume to the top of the pile.
I know it would sound like some generic bluebilled bullshit, but it's ultimately a numbers game, unless you are very qualified in your field. Even in high demand fields it's not uncommon to fill out 15-20 resumes to get just one response.
And finally - timing is key. While there are positions that hire all year long, most are tied to some internal planning/budgeting processes. Many companies that operate on a fiscal year basis ending in June, will soon look for staff to start in July when new budgets are released.

Good luck with your search!

I don’t apply if it’s not a quick apply