Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News Is inceldom a mental illness? Journos, academicucks and magistrates are about to decide in Canuckistan.

AnonAutist

AnonAutist

bzzzzzt
★★★★★
From the thewalrus.ca:

Big developments are coming up. Minassian's trial is about the start, where judges will try to determine if Minassian commited a terror attack in name of an ideology. Additionally, 'subject matter experts' might come to determine if inceldom should be designated a mental illness or not. Author Katherine Laidlaw proposes:

The connections between mental illness and attacks like these will be explored in depth in a trial set to start this November. Alek Minassian is accused of killing ten people and attempting to kill sixteen others by driving a van through crowds of pedestrians on a Toronto sidewalk two years ago. The judge in the case has said the outcome will turn not on whether Minassian committed the crime but on his state of mind when he did.

Incels may suffer from having faulty 'life scripts' according to Amy Coren:

Still, the narrative of the unstable lone wolf endures. And, as researchers try to move past the paradigm of violence and mental illness, they’re learning more about the anger brewing in these forums. To explain how that anger has become a social issue, Amy Coren, a Florida State University (fsu) researcher who focuses on the incel community, offers an analogy. When you walk into a restaurant, she says, you either look for a hostess station or seat yourself if there is a sign that says to. You don’t walk into the kitchen and start cooking. The question is, Why not? The script that tells us what to do inside a restaurant is one of thousands that run through our heads every day, tacit knowledge about how to interact—how to be, really—in society. Somehow, she says, the incels’ scripts have been twisted. “Our questions should be, How do they get these scripts? How do they think that’s a valid way of interacting with the world?”

Looks like the author of the piece, Katherine Laidlaw, does not like the prospect of a mental illness possibly being the cause of incel inspired violence. Instead she argues incels are a kind of powerhungry celibate rapists-to-be, and any violence they might commit flows from that flawed nature.

Following other attacks similarly motivated by misogyny-as-ideology, some commentators have suggested that video games, prescription stimulants such as Ritalin, or psychosis were to blame. (Such arguments continue to be made even though people living with mental illness are statistically more likely to be victims of violence than perpetrators of it.) Still others have proposed sex robots as a way to stem the sexual frustration and, ultimately, the violence. But these narrow solutions are misguided and won’t solve a societal problem. Many of the incels who frequent online forums aren’t really angry because they can’t have sex. Theirs is a conversation about power: they are angry because they can’t have sex with the women they feel they deserve simply for being themselves.They reject the idea that women, whom they view as subhuman “femoids,” have the right to choose at all.

I get the feeling that Laidlaw is preemptively trying to 'gentrify' or 'gatekeep' mental illness from being associated with the capacity for violent behaviour. Is it true concern for the stigma mentally ill face or an effort to 'clean and claim' mental illness as safe, middle class, woke identity marker? You decide:

Two thousand years later, clinical psychologist Louis Sass would write, “the madman is a protean figure in the Western imagination, yet there is a sameness to his many masks.” This perception of the violent criminal as necessarily insane has pervaded the cultural conversation across millennia. That view persists today, even as the news fills with attacks linked by ideology we see and don’t want to believe. “The conflation of mental illness and violence is a very difficult paradigm to overcome,” says James Clark, dean of fsu’s college of social work.

Amongst those concerned, there is lots of focus on the development identification algorithms, processes and procedures that should come to predict which persons might commit an attack with a misogynist motive:

The Binkleys decided to partner with fsu, under an umbrella organization they called the Maura’s Voice Research Fund, to support research that might prevent violence against women, including examining stalking-violence patterns, evaluating red-flag laws, and developing threat-assessment tools for people motivated to kill not a particular person but an entire subset of people. The organization’s ultimate goal, Clark says, is to produce research that can drive policy changes to help prevent future attacks.
Amy Coren, one of the researchers at the college, says her work will tie what we know about isis radicalization on websites like Facebook to linguistic and environmental analyses of incel forums. She’s working to develop a portrait of a community, she says, a typology of incels that will allow researchers and policy makers to differentiate between a “shy incel” and an “aggressive” one. The distinction might help the team identify ways to prevent violent attacks. (...) “There’s a contingent that says, I feel alienated, I don’t feel like I can talk to people. They’re the ‘shy incels.’” The faction that incites violence is smaller but has an increasingly vocal bent and developed ideology, each fantasy ratcheted up to best the last.

But don't think these classification algorithms and heuristics would include mental illness as a criterion!

But, Coren says, the research team doesn’t believe either of these classifications has anything to do with mental illness. “The idea that you can relate those two things seems very enticing. But it’s just a correlation, not causation. You could have mental illness and be an incel, but mental illness doesn’t cause you to be an incel.

Is inceldom a state or a disease? I find it weird that the possibility of 'a permanent state' is disregarded underneath. Like height or IQ - there is a permanent aspect to relative socio-sexual status in a certain milieu, things that can be measured and ranked and as an (instinctual) criterion to reject a person on (like in the army, university or mating market). This is what Lauren Callahan posits:

"Inceldom, for a long time, has been viewed as a disease, not a state,” says Lauren Callahan, an independent researcher who works with Clark. This idea suggests that members are sick with the same ailment their compatriots have and that, rather than a passing state, it’s an illness that can’t easily be cured. Like many echo chambers, it keeps participants participating, stuck in an increasingly nihilistic headspace. This perspective dovetails with the idea, from terrorism theorists, that the foundational components of radicalization are needs narratives, and networks.

More work on precrime protocols and profiling methods:

“Sometimes I think, This must be what it was like to live through the Gutenberg era,” Clark says. “I feel like an illiterate parent whose children have the Bible for the first time. The impacts of social media are just as profound.” He’s been tasked with developing a threat-assessment tool that will eventually help law enforcement and policy makers better implement redflag laws. “The real intellectual problem here is, Can we accurately predict violence before it happens?” Clark muses. “The answer is no.”

To conclude another gem: asserting that incel rampage killers aren't suicidal. I would claim that almost all documented cases of incel rampage killers were indeed suicidal - they never planned to survive their rampages. After all, all incel killers have committed suicide after their rampage was over, the only exception, AM, tried to commit suicide-by-cop by threatening cops with a fake gun after his van ride, but was instead 'disarmed', subdued and apprehended.

Developing a threat-assessment framework, Clark says, will include monitoring what’s happening in online forums and treating them as their own environments, with similar social and psychological consequences to the ones that arise from places people gather in person. “Most mental health professionals, including in law enforcement, are trained to work with people who are acutely suicidal or homicidal. But not somebody like the people we’re talking about, who are very angry and have an ideology of hate and may have some plans for how they want to make that known in the world,” Clark says. “There are so many different pathways to an act of violence. We’re not claiming to develop any kind of magic instrument to predict future violence. The idea is prevention.”

Author Laidlaw gives glorified social worker James Clark talking about suicide the last word, so I think we can assume that this is the most important take away. Am I paranoid for thinking that normie outsiders do not want inceldom associated with mental illness in any way?

Last edited:
I want to laugh at canadians, but realistically this will probably happen everywhere in the west sooner or later

From the thewalrus.ca:

Big developments are coming up. Minassian's trial is about the start, where judges will try to determine if Minassian commited a terror attack in name of an ideology. Additionally, 'subject matter experts' might come to determine if inceldom should be designated a mental illness or not:

Looks like the author of the piece, Katherine Laidlaw, does not like the prospect of a mental illness possibly being the cause of incel inspired violence. Instead she argues incels are a kind of powerhungry celibate rapists-to-be, and any violence they might commit flows from that flawed nature.

I get the feeling that Laidlaw is preemptively trying to 'gentrify' or 'gatekeep' mental illness from being associated with the capacity for violent behaviour. Is it true concern for the stigma mentally ill face or an effort to 'clean and claim' mental illness as safe, middle class, woke identity marker? You decide:

Amongst those concerned, there is lots of focus on the development identification algorithms, processes and procedures that should come to predict which persons might commit an attack with a misogynist motive:

But don't think these classification algorithms and heuristics would include mental illness as a criterion!

Is inceldom a state or a disease? I find it weird that the possibility of 'a permanent state' is disregarded underneath. Like height or IQ - there is a permanent aspect to relative socio-sexual status in a certain milieu, things that can be measured and ranked and as an (instinctual) criterion to reject a person on (like in the army, university or mating market). This is what Lauren Callahan posits:

To conclude another gem: asserting that incel rampage killers aren't suicidal. I would claim that almost all documented cases of incel rampage killers were indeed suicidal - they never planned to survive their rampages. After all, all incel killers have committed suicide after their rampage was over, the only exception, AM, tried to commit suicide-by-cop by threatening cops with a fake gun after his van ride, but was instead 'disarmed', subdued and apprehended.
:worryfeels: :feelskek:

Wanting to kill because of the misery you suffer is a mental illness. Do the right thing here, Canada.

I want to laugh at canadians, but realistically this will probably happen everywhere in the west sooner or later
That would probably happen around the entire world. Nobody likes subhumans, not even subhumans themselves.

I'm not reading female "research", especially not by ((((((((((((Amy Cohen))))))))))))).

Wanting to kill because of the misery you suffer is a mental illness. Do the right thing here, Canada.
you think Canada should label inceldom as a mental illness?

you think Canada should label inceldom as a mental illness?

Oh yeah. In fact, it's the main reason I came here. Understanding that while killing is bad, these killers suffer from compulsions in their minds.

From the thewalrus.ca:

Big developments are coming up. Minassian's trial is about the start, where judges will try to determine if Minassian commited a terror attack in name of an ideology. Additionally, 'subject matter experts' might come to determine if inceldom should be designated a mental illness or not. Author Katherine Laidlaw proposes:

Author Laidlaw gives glorified social worker James Clark talking about suicide the last word, so I think we can assume that this is the most important take away. Am I paranoid for thinking that normie outsiders do not want inceldom associated with mental illness in any way?
Yes sweaty it's the effect that's at fault not the cause for inceldom.

If I understand this, Minassian's defense is gonna try for a "Not guilty by reason of insanity" defense?

If it works, there you have it. Incels need help, not demonizing or ridicule. But that is an absolute Hail Mary of a long shot. Crazier people than Minassian have tried and failed.

Oh yeah. In fact, it's the main reason I came here. Understanding that while killing is bad, these killers suffer from compulsions in their minds.
well, if they label inceldom as a mental illness, couldn't they use that as an argument that we are all about to go ER, when the vast majority are harmless?

well, if they label inceldom as a mental illness, couldn't they use that as an argument that we are all about to go ER, when the vast majority are harmless?

Not necessarily. They would use it as an argument that we are as miserable as we say, and need help immediately, for our own sakes.

Not necessarily. They would use it as an argument that we are as miserable as we say, and need help immediately, for our own sakes.
what kind of "help" do you think they'd give incels?

what kind of "help" do you think they'd give incels?

As long as people care/understand that help is needed, help instead of ridicule, then I think the "fight" as far as I'm concerned is done. I could hang up my incel hat at that point.

Basically, the future is death camps for incels and forced reeducation

This will start with censorship here (for truly no reason, not because of violence) and slowly ramp up as more false flag "attacks" are committed and blamed on incels.

Basically, it's over and there's nothing we can do about it

As long as people care/understand that help is needed, help instead of ridicule, then I think the "fight" as far as I'm concerned is done. I could hang up my incel hat at that point.
A foid wrote this article and foids would be dictating the type of "help" an incel would receive.
I don't need to remind you that foids hate incels (ugly men) and do not have their best interests in mind.
Expect institutionalization, medication, and therapy if inceldom gets classed as a mental illness.

A foid wrote this article and foids would be dictating the type of "help" an incel would receive.
I don't need to remind you that foids hate incels (ugly men) and do not have their best interests in mind.
Expect institutionalization, medication, and therapy if inceldom gets classed as a mental illness.

Then why not say "Incels aren't ill, they're willful assholes?"

Then why not say "Incels aren't ill, they're willful assholes?"

it's a long con, obv.
they have to be subtle.

it's better if incels aren't classed into a legal group at all, i think.

it's a long con, obv.
they have to be subtle.

it's better if incels aren't classed into a legal group at all, i think.

A long con against who? Who do they have to trick? As it stands, incels are already hated and seen as "not mentally ill/doing this because they're evil."

A long con against who? Who do they have to trick? As it stands, incels are already hated and seen as "not mentally ill/doing this because they're evil."

i can't believe you think canada and their government of foids has your best interests in mind.
is it better that incels are seen as sane or insane?
is it better if incels are seen as a legally distinct group of "others" or regular human beings?
you know the canadian government is cucked, why would you trust anything they say?

i can't believe you think canada and their government of foids has your best interests in mind.
is it better that incels are seen as sane or insane?
is it better if incels are seen as a legally distinct group of "others" or regular human beings?
you know the canadian government is cucked, why would you trust anything they say?

I don't like Canada any more than you do. But I have to look past my blind hatred here.

If incels are sane, that means our hatred, our violent fantasies, are not a mental illness. We're just evil. And I know we're not evil.

I don't like Canada any more than you do. But I have to look past my blind hatred here.

If incels are sane, that means our hatred, our violent fantasies, are not a mental illness. We're just evil. And I know we're not evil.
ok, but remember there's always another reason under the one they give when it comes to things like this.

Little video I found today that may be relevant to this topic.

'Mental illness' is highly politicized topic in our society, because it is psychology and psychiatry researchers that effectively determine who is good and who is evil. Behaviour that is seen as deviant, such as inceldom, will either be classed as disease that is curable (like a man whose soul was temporarily bewitched) or as incurable and fundamentally broken (like literal hellspawn we need to segregate from society).

The priestly caste of our Western society, the tenured scientists and professors, are going to speak out publicly about inceldom during the trial of AM in Canuckistan. The judges will need to know what state of mind AM was in during his attack and whether 'his soul is redeemable'. What they effectively will decide is, while AM sits in prison for ~20 yrs, if the prison chaplains (i.e. prison psychologists) can 'fix' him and rehabilitate him.

The coming months will be more important for incels than most think.

Other thread I made about the curious phenomena of 'progressivism as a secular state religion', 'therapy as modern confession' and 'psychologists as modern day chaplains' is right here.

Last edited:
This is why I think people who idolize and claim sainthood for mass killers like ER, Minassian and other incel killers or attempted killers are Teragiga retarded. These people only give ammo to mistreat incels, they make incel lives harder, not easier.

And now here we are, facing the prospect of forced institutionalization, even if you have made no crime, thanks to the actions of those "saints".

This is why I think people who idolize and claim sainthood for mass killers like ER, Minassian and other incel killers or attempted killers are Teragiga retarded. These people only give ammo to mistreat incels, they make incel lives harder, not easier.

And now here we are, facing the prospect of forced institutionalization, even if you have made no crime, thanks to the actions of those "saints".

Even the incel-related subreddits that tried the hardest to bow to Reddit's leftist regulations were banned eventually.
It doesn't really matter if an incel or a community of incels views ER as a hero or a villain, we will be hated no matter what.
You can act the most law-abiding, uptight, respectful normie, they would still want to eradicate you.

Even the incel-related subreddits that tried the hardest to bow to Reddit's leftist regulations were banned eventually.
It doesn't really matter if an incel or a community of incels views ER as a hero or a villain, we will be hated no matter what.
You can act the most law-abiding, uptight, respectful normie, they would still want to eradicate you.

We can cope with being banned from Reddit and normie spaces. We can't cope with being forcibly committed to prisons disguised as hospitals due inceldom being declared a mental illness.

They said no. Minassian was found criminally responsible and his sentencing is scheduled for 2022.

We can cope with being banned from Reddit and normie spaces. We can't cope with being forcibly committed to prisons disguised as hospitals due inceldom being declared a mental illness.
That's true.

The wrath of the attractive is inevitable. Sooner or later they would come for you. Especially with the way Figs act towards Ugly Men. Only a matter of time.

Well I'm glad they admit that their bullshit Lifescript is the problem. Maybe they can shove it up their asses instead of pretending like they're going to fix things by harassing dudes and then pretending like they aren't the cause. Maybe they can go get railed by those sex robots too and keep ignoring reality.

Separating "shy" and "violent" is a judgment call from the judge, jury, and executioner that is fashioning violence for its own amusement in the first place. Oh no, I'm sure they can "easily fix this" by setting up some more cuck subreddits preaching bullshit from women and Chads who don't have to deal with shit. Or just rounding everyone up, they would enjoy that. Hey you haven't gotten laid? Time to go into corrale, partner. We'll call it a mental hospital and instant justification. Out of sight, out of mind.

They will take the mental illness tact when convenient. It's not convenient for this one, right now, to admit to mental illness being a detriment for several reasons, one being that they don't want to engage with the truth in the first place.

Prevention is bullshit, we all know what that is code for in western society.

Last edited:
Nooooooooo :feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee:

:reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee::reeeeee:
Free our nigga!

It is better for us tbh. It is very unlikely, but had Minassian being declared not guilty due insanity, it would open the door for inceldom to be declared a mental illness, that justifies the medical industry to lock up anyone that is an incel, even if they have made no crime. Similar, but worse, to what they already do for sex offenders with civil commitment. https://www.findlaw.com/criminal/criminal-charges/civil-commitment.html

Also unlike criminal proceedings civil trials does not require evidence beyond reasonable doubt.