Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is hanging a painless way to die?

Minjaze

Minjaze

Living girl repellent
-
Asking for a friend.

Simply put, no.

But doesn't it snap your neck immediately?
I may have been wrong.

"All the evidence goes to show that death by hanging is painless, and there is positively no fact or well-founded opinion to the contrary. If this be the case, then, what is the explanation of it? Simply this: That in every form of strangulation the blood-vessels of the neck are compressed, as well as the air-passages. A large part of the blood is returned from the head by the external jugular veins, which are very near the surface, and in which the current can be checked by slight pressure. Most of the blood from the brain itself comes back through the internal jugulars, which lie near, but a little outside of, the carotid arteries. The walls of veins are lax and yielding, so as to be easily compressed, while those of the arteries are firm and elastic, and it requires considerable force to approximate them. Pressure, then, which is sufficient to close the jugular veins only crowds the carotids a little farther inward, and the blood is still poured through them into the brain, whence it cannot escape. When this pumping process is going on at the rate of seventy strokes a minute, it is easy to understand how the engorgement of the vessels of the brain, in a very brief time, reaches a degree which causes insensibility. To explain why this congestion causes unconsciousness would involve a technical discussion which would here be out of place. It must suffice to say that it does; so that, as the cerebral congestion in a hanged person brings on insensibility within a minute, while the physical agony of suffocation does not begin until later, it follows that the victim does not feel any of the pangs of asphyxia. He first becomes insensible, with accompanying pleasurable feelings, from cerebral congestion, and then is choked to death while unconscious."

I may have been wrong.

"All the evidence goes to show that death by hanging is painless, and there is positively no fact or well-founded opinion to the contrary. If this be the case, then, what is the explanation of it? Simply this: That in every form of strangulation the blood-vessels of the neck are compressed, as well as the air-passages. A large part of the blood is returned from the head by the external jugular veins, which are very near the surface, and in which the current can be checked by slight pressure. Most of the blood from the brain itself comes back through the internal jugulars, which lie near, but a little outside of, the carotid arteries. The walls of veins are lax and yielding, so as to be easily compressed, while those of the arteries are firm and elastic, and it requires considerable force to approximate them. Pressure, then, which is sufficient to close the jugular veins only crowds the carotids a little farther inward, and the blood is still poured through them into the brain, whence it cannot escape. When this pumping process is going on at the rate of seventy strokes a minute, it is easy to understand how the engorgement of the vessels of the brain, in a very brief time, reaches a degree which causes insensibility. To explain why this congestion causes unconsciousness would involve a technical discussion which would here be out of place. It must suffice to say that it does; so that, as the cerebral congestion in a hanged person brings on insensibility within a minute, while the physical agony of suffocation does not begin until later, it follows that the victim does not feel any of the pangs of asphyxia. He first becomes insensible, with accompanying pleasurable feelings, from cerebral congestion, and then is choked to death while unconscious."
Yesss, I know how I'm spending this New Year's eve!

I would prefer Exit Shotgun

You'll pass out before you die either way.

If your neck breaks,if not you choke to death and that would be horrible.

Self imolation is less painful.

Just go to a country and pay for suicide if you want the most painless way or use a KSG like Shuaiby

There's probably some way to do partial suspension hanging so that you don't feel much. 8ch.net/suicide might have some decent info.

Asking for a friend.
You just gotta tie it realll gooddddd. WITH PASSION :feelsautistic:! then it's a solid sui method, otherwise you will just end up chocking like a retard for a couple of minutes before dying more purple than an aborted fetus

You just gotta tie it realll gooddddd. WITH PASSION :feelsautistic:! then it's a solid sui method, otherwise you will just end up chocking like a retard for a couple of minutes before dying more purple than an aborted fetus
Luckily I'm good at tying knots.

Don't know but I believe it's pretty reliable. There is no escape.

Jump off a high building

I am not going to answer this, sorry.

I am not going to answer this, sorry.
I mean nobody wants him to kill himself but he shouldn't be at risk to become disabled or endure immense pain

I mean nobody wants him to kill himself but he shouldn't be at risk to become disabled or endure immense pain

I agree, if the pain is incurable they should have the choice for a painless death. Even though it is a bit incompatible with my philosophy and mentality...

I agree, if the pain is incurable they should have the choice for a painless death. Even though it is a bit incompatible with my philosophy and mentality...
It's a moral dilemma for me.

I wish for him to have success in his ultimate decision.

it's a great way to kill yourself, it's even kinda pleasant in masochistic way. This is why women like choking while having sex. Dunno about snaping the neck, that sounds pretty horrible but if your rope is tight enough you can easily pass out within 30 seconds of hanging

Neck snapping is only if doing the long drop method like Sadam Hussain and you're too heavy for that height.

it's a great way to kill yourself, it's even kinda pleasant in masochistic way. This is why women like choking while having sex. Dunno about snaping the neck, that sounds pretty horrible but if your rope is tight enough you can easily pass out within 30 seconds of hanging
30 seconds is a long fucking time when you're dying.

30 seconds is a long fucking time when you're dying.
It's nothing more than holding your breath for 30 seconds. It's only not good for indecisive pussies because they'll back off.

Both reality and dream contains nightmares, once you're dead, what if you find yourself being in the same nightmare as you are? Why expedite your death? If it's not worth it?

Both reality and dream contains nightmares, once you're dead, what if you find yourself being in the same nightmare as you are? Why expedite your death? If it's not worth it?

You don't dream after you die ffs your brain decomposes and rots away.

Carbon dioxide usually does the trick

You don't dream after you die ffs your brain decomposes and rots away.
Alright, alright, alright....

images

I'm sorry ;).

A ventilator with just Helium or Nitrogen will do the trick.