Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over Is anyone here starting/already has memory loss?

ordinaryotaku

ordinaryotaku

Rotting collegecel. Women hate me for existing.
★★★★★
I'm 21 years old, and I feel like I'm starting to have memory loss.

I just noticed it when I try to think about what I did during the week, there will be some times where I literally don't have a clue what I did a week ago or whatever.

The weirdest thing is that I do remember a LOT of my very early childhood, and many, many events revolving around it, but when it comes to current shit, I honestly can't remember. I feel like part of it is that my daily schedule is extremely monotonous and repetitive, with any kind of change only happening when I have my car on me and I can go places outside of my campus (which is rarely, except on Fridays and the weekends).

But honestly, if you asked me what I did during a certain day back in high school, I wouldn't remember, because all I did was go to school, go home, play video games, lift, then play more video games. I feel like incelibacy has literally rotted my brain, and this kind of stuff wouldn't happen if I was sexually and romantically desirable and had a girlfriend.

Last edited:
It's the reverse for me, past memories are like a vivid dream. I still have them stored in my head, but I need something to trigger or activate them. I used to have an excellent memory a couple of years ago though.

I forgot what you asked in the post.

You are only 21? I thought u were old or somethin' like 30s

I don’t remember what I did yesterday

same here i have some memories but everything is very foggy at best

I just noticed it when I try to think about what I did during the week, there will be some times where I literally don't have a clue what I did a week ago or whatever.

The weirdest thing is that I do remember a LOT of my very early childhood, and many, many events revolving around it, but when it comes to current shit, I honestly can't remember. I feel like part of it is that my daily schedule is extremely monotonous and repetitive, with any kind of change only happening when I have my car on me and I can go places outside of my campus (which is rarely, except on Fridays and the weekends).

But honestly, if you asked me what I did during a certain day back in high school, I wouldn't remember, because all I did was go to school, go home, play video games, lift, then play more video games. I feel like incelibacy has literally rotted my brain, and this kind of stuff wouldn't happen if I was sexually and romantically desirable and had a girlfriend.
yes

i have short term memory loss due to cooming to 2b too much:cryfeels:

I

I can relate too much to this, cooming and depression fried my brain

I think too much and forget most of my thoughts.

It's a side effect of depression and isolation. I have many moments where I completely forget what I'm doing, let alone what I did yesterday. Im 26 and feel like I have dementia some days

my brain feels like swiss cheese sometimes

At least you remember your childhood. I remember hardly anything from my life. I don't even know who I am for the most part because it feels like I've existed for only a few moments in my distant past, and I doubt even my existing memories are accurate. At least my recent memory isn't much worse than it was several years ago so I'm probably not afflicted by early-onset dementia yet.

I feel like part of it is that my daily schedule is extremely monotonous and repetitive
You're absolutely right. I remember(ironically) that when my life was the most monotonous about a year ago, I didn't remember much because... well, there wasn't much to remember in the first place.

Here are some things that, as far as I know, are related to memory retention:
  • Emotions - the more you feel when experiencing something, the more vividly you'll remember it. I've always been shut off from the outside world, lost in my head, not being emotional about what's going on around me.
  • Senses - the more senses you associate with the experience, the easier it will be to reconstruct the memory later.
  • Frequent recollection - the more time you recall your memory, the more ingrained it becomes. Since I haven't talked about my experiences to others and I've hardly ever used a journal, I've missed out on this.
  • Sleep - obviously, sleep plays an important role. My sleep (especially throughout my whole teens) was awful; there were nights I would get only half an hour of sleep and then feel like a zombie the whole day, or sleep until the late afternoon.
  • Doing challenging things instead of LDARing or doing monotonous work so that your mind is invested in what you're doing
  • The more I "multitask", the less I seem to remember what I was doing. Like if I'm reading/watching something while eating, I won't care about what I'm eating. This is especially true for me because I see eating as a burdensome chore.
If you think your life is worth remembering, maybe this can help you tackle that.

Last edited:
yes , i have times when i forget things i really shouldn't at 21 such as putting my phone somewhere and then 10 secs later forgetting where i put it or wtf i did yesterday, probably because i'm emotionally dead and uncaring ever since the blackpill

Yup everything ITT is relatable.

Trauma etc. Indeed leads to memory degradation which is why many incels would notice/suffer this. Makes sense psychological, why would your mind want to keep hold of painful/negative memories?

It's messed up, but it happens

View: https://youtu.be/XSSwl1ousyM

same and its getting in the way of my academic "career"

The more time we spend doing the same thing everyday, the more the days seem to blend together and become indistinguishable from each other. I’d recommend journaling or picking up some sort of hobby homie. My short-term memory is absolute shit as well. I can’t even set my phone down for more than 2 minutes without losing it LMAO

So did I. Where am I?
I’m just as lost as you bro.

Joe Biden Falling GIF
Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

Last edited: