Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is anyone else unable to watch a movie or read a book cause just googling the summary dose the same thing for you?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
Idk what's wrong with my brain, but I've been like this for several years now.

I know that technically I shouldn't boil things down to the bare minimum, but for me it literally makes no difference. Everything else just feels like fluff to me. Reading a summary or watching the full movie is the same thing to me, except I save a lot of time by reading the summary, and I feel like I'm wasting all that time if I were to watch a movie (even if I just waste my time rotting anyway).

And it's the same with anything else in life with me. I seem to boil everything down to the basic elements and it sucks the fun out of everything. I don't care for details or description or whatnot, just the essentials.

It depends. There are some movies that I enjoy watching so I will finish. Otherwise, whenever I come across a movie I don't like but am still curious about the ending, I will look up the ending. This actually happened just yesterday.

Me for example I feel like my brain is completely fried sitting 10+ hours at a computer for 15 years and having little to no social interactions and I cannot concentrate on things to perform okay-ish like normal people. I just do bare minimum to get by and leave.

I know that technically I shouldn't boil things down to the bare minimum, but for me it literally makes no difference. Everything else just feels like fluff to me. Reading a summary or watching the full movie is the same thing to me, except I save a lot of time by reading the summary, and I feel like I'm wasting all that time if I were to watch a movie (even if I just waste my time rotting anyway).

And it's the same with anything else in life with me. I seem to boil everything down to the basic elements and it sucks the fun out of everything. I don't care for details or description or whatnot, just the essentials.
dopamine issues, probably internet or fap addiction

Me for example I feel like my brain is completely fried sitting 10+ hours at a computer for 15 years and having little to no social interactions and I cannot concentrate on things to perform okay-ish like normal people. I just do bare minimum to get by and leave.
Ohh wow, perfectly describes me. Except in my case it's been 16 hours a day most days, when I didn't have or skipped uni and such. But even as a kid and a teen it's been at least 10 hours. All my life in front of a screen, I really did fry my brain.
dopamine issues, probably internet or fap addiction
Yeah, internet addiction since I was a child + the slightly more than 2 years as a hardcore alcoholic when I probably damaged my brain.

Ohh wow, perfectly describes me. Except in my case it's been 16 hours a day most days, when I didn't have or skipped uni and such. But even as a kid and a teen it's been at least 10 hours. All my life in front of a screen, I really did fry my brain.

Yeah, internet addiction since I was a child + the slightly more than 2 years as a hardcore alcoholic when I probably damaged my brain.
I don't want to say the numbers I sit in front of the screen but in reality I sit way more.
People always think: we don't have no time etc. but i literally managed to sit 10hours in front of my computer while I was in school wtf.
Also college years 1,2,3 I spent even more time in front of computer because we would have like 4 lectures, some days were off. Tried to spend as much time outside. College was like 14hours in front of computer. Haha
I'm very much embarrased to introduce myself to others, or for them to know my past. Even if I manage to betabuxx in the future and have kids, they will think I'm some kind of a loser that spent all of his days living in a simulation like world.
I feel more real infront of the screen, when I go out I try to do everything as fast paced as posibble, I DO NOT feel comfortable outside. :feelsbadman:

whether I like a piece of fiction or not depends on its re-usability for my fantasies
I don't enjoy realistic fiction because I can't suspend disbelief that easily and I just don't like this world much, so I fantasize about going to a completely different one instead of just getting into better circumstances of this one
recently I had to watch Live and Become (2005) for uni and I couldn't go through it, I had to read a summary, it was so mind-numbingly boring for me: it's a movie about an Ethiopian Christian child being forced to larp as a Jew to get to Israel (to get a better life) all alone, being adopted by a French-Israeli family and basically experiencing an identity crisis and longing to go back home (I'm only describing the surface of the plot, the movie obviously was meant to show historical events, but for history I prefer simply non-fiction)
but there's this greentext story I've enjoyed a lot, I've read it like 3 times, and it's about Anon becoming a little filly and getting transferred to Equestria where he lives with Twilight and Starlight who de facto become his parents and hilarity ensues he experiences identity crisis and longing for home
these plots are honestly very similar, but one of them has better esthetics and since it's complete fantasy, not based on actual events, it's easier to suspend disbelief and use it for fantasies
I like reading about history and such but in an encyclopedic, academic style, not in form of corny fiction
when it comes to fiction, I'm a 10 year old who wants to self-insert and feel comfy
I don't want sex (stories containing sex aren't reusable; you can only use them for fapping), war, too serious subjects (when it deals with serious issues, there must be a layer of fantasy which makes it abstract e. g. Asylum deals with paranoid schizophrenia which is not very comfy but ponies serve as a protective layer which lets me enjoy the story)

I am the same way. I can't really bother with most movies since I can't pay attention to them that long.

whether I like a piece of fiction or not depends on its re-usability for my fantasies
I don't enjoy realistic fiction because I can't suspend disbelief that easily and I just don't like this world much, so I fantasize about going to a completely different one instead of just getting into better circumstances of this one
recently I had to watch Live and Become (2005) for uni and I couldn't go through it, I had to read a summary, it was so mind-numbingly boring for me: it's a movie about an Ethiopian Christian child being forced to larp as a Jew to get to Israel (to get a better life) all alone, being adopted by a French-Israeli family and basically experiencing an identity crisis and longing to go back home (I'm only describing the surface of the plot, the movie obviously was meant to show historical events, but for history I prefer simply non-fiction)
but there's this greentext story I've enjoyed a lot, I've read it like 3 times, and it's about Anon becoming a little filly and getting transferred to Equestria where he lives with Twilight and Starlight who de facto become his parents and hilarity ensues he experiences identity crisis and longing for home
these plots are honestly very similar, but one of them has better esthetics and since it's complete fantasy, not based on actual events, it's easier to suspend disbelief and use it for fantasies
I like reading about history and such but in an encyclopedic, academic style, not in form of corny fiction
when it comes to fiction, I'm a 10 year old who wants to self-insert and feel comfy
I don't want sex (stories containing sex aren't reusable; you can only use them for fapping), war, too serious subjects (when it deals with serious issues, there must be a layer of fantasy which makes it abstract e. g. Asylum deals with paranoid schizophrenia which is not very comfy but ponies serve as a protective layer which lets me enjoy the story)
Thanks for the elaborate comment. I like to self-insert too. It's not necessary, but most of the time I do try to self-insert. And in this context, I can suggest something to you: chinese web novels. They're ALL about that. Seriously, tens of thousands of pages, thousands of chapters, all boils down to wish fulfillment and self-insertion. Protagonists becoming god, destroying enemies, transcending the universe, getting a harem etc... I hate the harem part and general romance bullshit, but other than that they're perfect for self-insertion.

But they're usually long. This one iirc was one of my favorites back when I still could read, 45 books lmao https://novelfull.com/the-desolate-era/chapter-1-the-land-of-the-dead.html

I'm too lazy to watch movies or play video games these days. I legit I can't enjoy myself anymore, it feels like effort.

Somehow watching video games can still be enjoyable to me if the person playing is ok.

Reading books is fine but I read like 1-2 books per year so ...
I am the same way. I can't really bother with most movies since I can't pay attention to them that long.
Same

ive done this my entire life. I think only fags and foids enjoy wafting the pretentious shit that is literature

It depends. There are some movies that I enjoy watching so I will finish. Otherwise, whenever I come across a movie I don't like but am still curious about the ending, I will look up the ending.
Same about books.

All the time man.
Infact if there are no spoilers in the summary then reading the summary gets you primed for when you might want to read more in detail later ngl