Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Involuntary volceldom = inceldom?

BookwormCel

BookwormCel

Self-banned
-
"Many incels (and others) claim that most self-proclaimed male volcels are actually incels in denial, who adopt the volcel label to protect their self-image from the harm that admitting their low SMV would entail. Reinforcing this point of view, a study published in 2019 in the journal Evolutionary Psychology, suggest that self-described volcels have similarly low "mating performance" than involuntary singles, thus suggesting that they are single because they are unable to initiate relationships, though previous negative relationship experience was also suggested as a possible causative factor in regards to voluntary singlehood.[6] However, there is undeniably a faction of genuine volcels. This is likely attributed to unique, personal experiences which resulted in depression or a fear of sex entirely. There is an argument to be made, therefore, that this abstinence is not strictly voluntary, as it is influenced by mental health, and therefore there can be no true volcels. However, there are people who have sworn off sex without any negative experience". (https://incels.wiki/w/Volcel)

Extreme shyness or introvertness / being an infantile manchild / mental illness, et.c., for example, may cause one to reject advances made by women. You'd naturally consider such a person to be a volcel. But is this really voluntary? An argument can be made that true volcels almost don't exist. Even not wanting a relationship may be considered involuntary under certain conditions (mental illness, psychological development, etc.).
If that is indeed the case, 99% of the volcels may be, in fact, incel.

Last edited:
Post7

Exactly being a volcel is just an excuse, in almost all cases.
Your propic reminds me of an italian incel friend of mine...

That title gave me brain hemorrhage

lol. So, do you think the whole idea is dumb or what?
I 51% agee with you, human beings are hard wired to look for sex and make babies. Claiming that you don't follow your genetically encoded life goal is a bs claim. However i relate to the fatigue some people with super bad experiences will feel when presented with idea of relationship. But if it was consequence free sex with a hot looking bitch, good 99% of volcels will quit being volcel. Remaining 1% are special cases of extreme trauma or they are real monks

I 51% agee with you, human beings are hard wired to look for sex and make babies. Claiming that you don't follow your genetically encoded life goal is a bs claim. However i relate to the fatigue some people with super bad experiences will feel when presented with idea of relationship. But if it was consequence free sex with a hot looking bitch, good 99% of volcels will quit being volcel. Remaining 1% are special cases of extreme trauma or they are real monks
fair enough. I agree with you

An example of Kant comes to mind btw

Yes, he used that same profile picture. He was called Hansel Rotten. Well I guess it's just a coincidence, nevermind.
ah. I see now. Well, it's not surprising.
That pic is literally how I feel whenever I'm at the bar alone

ah. I see now. Well, it's not surprising.
That pic is literally how I feel whenever I'm at the bar alone
Got it. He was a based friend of mine. I haven't heard from him for a while...

Thats a thing ive been thinking about for a long time

I found an example btw: https://incels.is/threads/i-found-one-true-volcel.434870/

could you expand on this?
Men with chiseled jaws and tall height who don't get laid due to let's say social anxiety are not on the same level as recessed manlets as when it comes to inceldom. Their experiences vary greatly.

Men with chiseled jaws and tall height who don't get laid due to let's say social anxiety are not on the same level as recessed manlets as when it comes to inceldom. Their experiences vary greatly.
true that