Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Incest vs your looks in mirror [drunk rant]

SecularNeo-Khazar

SecularNeo-Khazar

Mixedcell
★★★
I know that there is this "exposure effect" which says that the more you are exposed to a thing, you are liking it more.

However, there is this one theory of siblings not wanting to mate with each other because they grew alongisde each other

So my question is, how do you connect these two informations with each other.???/

How come you are not lusting over your bro or sis but you like your looks.

Tbh this doesn't make sense. If you are exposed to your bro, you like him, or you like your sis.

Whilst the other theory says you grow the opposite sentiment to something you grew up with constantl seeing.

nigger what the fuck is that title

From what I understand, Westermarck effect is supposed to exist specifically to avoid inbreeding, so it probably just ignores how the other effect works and simply makes you not attracted to your relatives no matter what.

Though I'm pretty sure it wasn't even convincingly proven to actually exist.

I actually find that I have no attraction towards family friends I grew up around. I think of them more as cousins I guess.