Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutal Incel trait: You use ambient sounds to fall asleep

TheNEET

TheNEET

mentally crippled by sleepoverless teen years
★★★★★
I'm not good looking, so I can't careermaxx and buy a nice house with a fireplace. :cryfeels:
I'm not good looking, so I can't get a girlfriend on whose chest I'd fall asleep. :cryfeels:
Nothing exciting ever happens in my life, so I don't have a chance to get into the mind space of someone falling asleep, exhausted but content after a nice day, like a child after a day of playing or chad after having sex. No, sport doesn't make me happy, I never release endorphins, I've tried for months. Falling asleep in this mind space is the only way to be rested, but it has only happened to me a few times in my life (usually because I was excited about some piece of media I've watched/read or about an upcoming event which turned out to be a disappointment).
Before falling asleep, my mind space is always terrible and the only way to forget it is to pretend I'm falling asleep on my imaginary friend's chest or some similar scenario.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTl8GW37F9U

I only use ambient sounds when I have trouble sleeping, which doesn't really happen all that often.

I listen to my fan as I fall asleep.

I take 5mg melatonin every night.

Screenshot 20210707 2356511

171+ days of recorded use

I used to when my normie roommates wouldn't stop blasting out loud music past 2am.

I take xanax to fall asleep.

I usually stay up as late as possible and distract myself with the internet before I fall asleep.. I get anxious and think of suicide a bit too much if I go to bed too early.

ASMR. Close enough.

Just LOL if you're not falling asleep to accessible non-fiction audiobooks about physics and cosmology.

You got me, I leave the fan on. I start to think too much if I try to fall asleep without a little sound.