Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Incel trait: you rarely look at yourself in the mirror

andinocel

andinocel

Overlord
I can’t stand looking at myself in the mirror. When I go to the bathroom I don’t look at the mirror and go straight to the urinal, and when I wash my hands I don’t look in the mirror either. I have seen other guys and they stare at themselves for a few seconds before leaving, but I never do this.
I only look at myself in the mirror when I’m shaving

I stare at myself just to admire my own subhumanity

Mirrors are cope so I look at them a lot.

I do look at myself in the mirror, but I so much don't like myself that I forget what I saw.
I currently am not sure what exactly my face looks like.

Agreed. I hate seeing my huge nose and no jaw definition. It’s insta suifuel. :cryfeels: :cryfeels: :cryfeels:

Yup, me; also i almost never look up my photos - actually have very few of them and don't care whether they further exist or not.

The mirror masks my subhumanity a bit though, i can clearly see my asimmetrycal face in photos while I can't in the mirror

I only ever look in the mirror when I cut my hair or if I accidentally make eye contact with it.
Usually when I'm forced to see myself in the mirror, I cope hard by trying to act all cool and awesome and sometimes making funny faces to myself.
Best cope I can come up with when I look at myself.

Luckily for me there arent any mirrors in nature. But on the rare occasion I do see my reflection in a stream, I avoid it like the plague.

I

I never look at myself in a mirror,I only own a small one too.

Staring at myself in the mirror is a trigger for my DPDR (dissociative/derealization) disorder so I barely look at myself for more than a split second.

The mirror masks my subhumanity a bit though, i can clearly see my asimmetrycal face in photos while I can't in the mirror
This. My nose and mouth looks totally normal when i look myself in the mirror, but when i take a snapshot from back camera... I just wanna rope over the deformed face i saw

Only with the lights off.

Mirrors are suifuel.

This. My nose and mouth looks totally normal when i look myself in the mirror, but when i take a snapshot from back camera... I just wanna rope over the deformed face i saw
Make sure the camera is far enough away but mirrors are huge cognitive blinders. The more we look at ourselves in the more attractive our symmetrical selves become for many.

Furthermore, we often pose for them.

Make sure the camera is far enough away but mirrors are huge cognitive blinders. The more we look at ourselves in the more attractive our symmetrical selves become for many.

Furthermore, we often pose for them.
What mirror actually does is that it reflects your perspective, not the perspective of how other people see you as, so i never actually trusted mirrors as i will never be able to see my true self without a back camera.

Last edited:
What mirror actually does is that it reflects your perspective, not the perspective of how other people see you as, so i never actually trusted mirrors as you will never be able to see your true self without a back camera.
The reason why your brain thinks your mirror self is more attractive is because all time accrued of looking/staring at.

If you take your family and friends and put that in front of the mirror. You won't see a huge difference.

The reason why your brain thinks your mirror self is more attractive is because all time accrued of looking/staring at.

If you take your family and friends and put that in front of the mirror. You won't see a huge difference.
No its because you can't see yourself from a first person view. Also i never said i look handsome, i just look normal in the mirror, of course my family would look good no matter what because they don't have any crazy asymmetrical features like me. Mirrors conceals my asymmetrical features

Mirrors conceals my asymmetrical features
Your brain does that when looking at mirrors...

Go ahead and ask your family if they notice any differences when looking at you in a mirror....

This is a universal concept among many people -- looking better in the mirror. Striking facial asymmetries or not.

Last edited:
Your brain does when looking at mirrors...

Go ahead and ask your family if they notice any differences when looking at you in a mirror....
Dude im literally just saying seeing yourself from a first point view and mirror is two different things, its not the same thing it has nothing to do with your Brain why is it so hard understand jfl.

images

Dude im literally just saying seeing yourself from a first point view and mirror is two different things, its not the same thing it has nothing to do with your Brain why is it so hard understand jfl.

images
I said the exact same thing from the beginning although maybe I phrased it inartfully.

They are two different perspectives and you THINK the mirror one is vastly more attractive because of accrued cognitive bias. It's not a fact that it's more attractive and many people when looking at your flipped image would perceive you the same way...

Last edited:
I said the exact same thing from the beginning although maybe I phrased it inartfully.

They are two different perspectives and you THINK the mirror one is more attractive because of accrued cognitive bias. It's not a fact that it's more attractive and many people when looking at your flipped image would perceive you the same way...
It can be valid for people who have normal face with symmetric features(no crooked nose or lips) like i said but in my case it is different.

It can be valid for people who have normal face with symmetric features(no crooked nose or lips) like i said but in my case it is different.
Give me an example of a facial asymmetry that disappears when you flip the perspective? I'm not really understanding how that's possible....

Honestly I look in the mirror all the time. I analyse myself over and over again. I don't take photos of myself often, but I look a lot in the mirror

Once a day at least

images

If you’ve got a wardrobe with two mirrors, open one of the wardrobe door fully and you’ll see your flipped self in motion exactly as how others see you in the closed mirror. Only then will you realise how assymetrical and subhuman you actually look.

Considered covering every mirror in my bathroom with bandages so I don’t have to see what I look like anymore

Give me an example of a facial asymmetry that disappears when you flip the perspective? I'm not really understanding how that's possible....
I cant find really good example but it does hide my asymmetry.
If you’ve got a wardrobe with two mirrors, open one of the wardrobe door fully and you’ll see your flipped self in motion exactly as how others see you in the closed mirror. Only then will you realise how assymetrical and subhuman you actually look.
Taking a pic from back camera is easier

I can’t stand looking at myself in the mirror. When I go to the bathroom I don’t look at the mirror and go straight to the urinal, and when I wash my hands I don’t look in the mirror either. I have seen other guys and they stare at themselves for a few seconds before leaving, but I never do this.
I only look at myself in the mirror when I’m shaving
Can’t relate I bask in my subhumanity regularly

I cant find really good example but it does hide my asymmetry.
How do you know it actually hides your asymmetry and it's not just that you think it does? I have PCT in mirror quite visibly, but in real life I have no PCT. Clearly it's not the mirror that's doing it, but just distortion from cognitive bias.

I fucking hate mirrors. I hate the way that I look and don't wanted to be reminded of how subhuman I am.

My local supermarket had tmcameras in self-checkout registers, so I get surprised with my selfie whenever I go to the store.