Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Incel trait: people keep telling you that you should be the one 'reaching out', despite no one wanting to reach out to you

andinocel

andinocel

Overlord
The title of the thread is a recurring theme in my life, and its tiring. When I was forcing myself to be an extrovert, I'd be the one reaching out to my normie acquaintances, cousins, and half-siblings, whether it was Christmas, New Years, or just to say hi, but now, none of those people reach out to me first. Yet, I continually get told 'why don't you reach out?'. In fact, as I write this, a thought occurred to me: if I try to be outgoing, I'm annoying or nosy. If I'm quiet and don't keep in touch, I'm cold or antisocial. Its a reverse halo effect in action from being an ugly person: everything you do or say is bad.

My own dad does this to me. Why can't he send me a message asking me whats up and how things are lmao? Apparently its my responsibility. vERy annoying.

That’s how I feel with family. I would visit them more if I wasn’t too autistic to interact with other humans besides my mom without collapsing into a state of panic

Be cynical only reach out when you're broke and they'll never contact you :lul:

My own dad does this to me. Why can't he send me a message asking me whats up and how things are lmao? Apparently its my responsibility. vERy annoying.

I came in to post this exact thing. Christmas came & went, but I still haven’t talked to him. He takes it as a huge offense that I don’t go out of my way for him.

I hate the world and all in it.

that's WHY they blame you

you are so good that they can use you as a doormat

You’re right. I was taught to be this way by my mother, and my brain is hardwired to be a doormat. It nevER began :feelsrope:

your post resonated me with quite a bit the reason they dont reach out to you is because they dont want to. they think youre not worthy.

if you were chad or a female, then suddenly they have all the tome in the world for you

I came in to post this exact thing. Christmas came & went, but I still haven’t talked to him. He takes it as a huge offense that I don’t go out of my way for him.
Seriously. He's not a normie acquaintance hes my goddamn father, least he can do is pop me a "Hey son" every once in a while. But on top of a shitty isolated life, I still have to be the one to reach out? Genuinely depressing and enraging.

I relate. I have a cousin who i regularly played Clash Royal with a few years ago and i was tired of me being the one reaching to him so one day i stopped contacting him and guess what, he never asked me to play with him, he didnt care about me in the slightest. And when i visited them his dumbass sister asked me why i stopped playing with him, you cant make this shit up.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back