Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL Incel trait: people around you talk about pop culture and you have no fucking clue what they’re talking about

NEETFREAK

NEETFREAK

7/10 with a bad personality
-
You’re not a truecel if you have no fucking clue what normies etc are talking about when they mention popular movies, songs, Netflix shows, local events, news, etc. They give you a weird look then make sure to never talk to you casually ever again.

I know obscure stuff. I don't know normie shit

I know obscure stuff. I don't know normie shit
Normie shit is shoved down my throat every day so I am familiar with names, but nothing beyond that.

yeah i had no idea who ed sheeran was back in 2016 and the normies were astonished by that fact.

True,
But pop "culture" is pure garbage and cannot even be called culture, it anti-culture. So I don't give a fuck.

I can partially relate tbh, i was never interested in all this pop culture nonsense. But i still think, that i'm at least somewhat capable of pretending to know about this stuff.

I still listen from the same songs and albums that I've been listening to since I was a child :feelscry:

i felt like this when people kept talking about football and i didn't know anything about the fucking teams and matches

I don't know any sports teams, I don't play sports myself, and I don't even know the rules of a lot of sports (football, baseball, soccer, basketball, etc)

When normies talk about sports at bars, and they look at me and say "Hey Incel Gamer, who do you think is gonna win this year?" I try to avoid the question by saying "Oh, I don't really watch [this sport] so I really can't say."

I spent 90% of elementary and high school just listening to people talk about normie shit and not understanding a single damn thing :feelshaha:

I have learned to LARP to pretend to know what they are talking about.

I have learned to LARP to pretend to know what they are talking about.

This. you don't need to be an expert because most normies aren't experts themselves, they just spout a couple facts and if you do you won't seem like a total retard.

Trucel trait: Not being around people at all

True, I don’t even know the obsession with movie stars. Idgaf who they are I watch a movie for the storyline not who it is starring. That goes for mostly everything, sports team, music artist, etc. I don’t understand when people start talking about x movie starring x actor.

True, I don’t even know the obsession with movie stars. Idgaf who they are I watch a movie for the storyline not who it is starring. That goes for mostly everything, sports team, music artist, etc. I don’t understand when people start talking about x movie starring x actor.
It's always foids who obsess over good-looking actors and athletes. They will watch a movie just because the main character is played by a famous chad.

It's when they go on about TV shows I haven't got a clue because I don't watch television. Love Island for example, the mere thought of it is sui fuel, normie bullshut. Or chart music, I wouldn't have a clue what any popular music is these days as I never listen to it if I can avoid it. It's all BBC thug-maxed crap, whiny white boy with a guitar or some whore singing about love, sex and chads. Same with most of the crap in the cinema.

This is pop culture.

Who the fuck is guy fieri

I have seen one netflix show in my entire life and that was because my sister forced me to watch it with her :cryfeels:

True. I don't watch the Electric Jew and that's 99% what normies are talking about.

yeah i had no idea who ed sheeran was back in 2016 and the normies were astonished by that fact.
Who

I found out what netflix was like 1-2 years ago. Lol @ people paying for shows wtf

I laughed out loud.

Legit boggles my mind that people pay for something you could get for free in minutes on google.
Serious. It's way more difficult and painful to actually force yourself through normshit culture so I will just listen in on what they're saying and make generic statements about it that NPCs will agree with and make it look like I have any idea what they're talking about. Ive been doing this since middle school

Serious. It's way more difficult and painful to actually force yourself through normshit culture so I will just listen in on what they're saying and make generic statements about it that NPCs will agree with and make it look like I have any idea what they're talking about. Ive been doing this since middle school
Yeah I mean, I don't do that with their culture, but i'll often pretend to think like them or pretend like i've had the same life experiences as them just to not seem like a weirdo/be questioned. It's easier to just go with the flow.

99% of modern culture is disgusting, hypersexualized, passionless dog shit made for nothing but maximized profit and social engineering, most culture nowadays is made with quality and depth as a tertiary worry compared to having as much broad appeal and politically correct themes as possible, as a result, if you're not a fan of Chad worship, female worship, tired cliches, tired humor, soulless storylines with no depth or orginality and forced wokeness, you'll find yourself not knowing jack about what normPCs enjoy.

Btw I don't think I can actually list one song by Drake. Yet I can probably tell you the evolution of rap from the 80s to 90s (east/west split) etc

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back