Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Incel trait: MDD (?)

D

DolicoCel

everything that I post is satire, and not serious
★★
Maladaptive day dreaming is a mental disorder where you’re really prone to daydreaming, and escapism in different sitution.
You try to compensate a different situation, like you’re at school where everyone dislikes you, so you dream away those hours you have to be at school..

Does anyone do the same? I literally have a problem with it, since my life is so miserable

I've done it my whole life and in recent years have been fighting and trying to suppress it. I hate the fact that I always daydreamed about being loved while people were fucking and making love next door to me. All the endorphins it produces are from artificial stimulation. It's like being hooked up to the matrix while people are fucking right next to you

I've done it my whole life and in recent years have been fighting and trying to suppress it. I hate the fact that I always daydreamed about being loved while people were fucking and making love next door to me. All the endorphins it produces are from artificial stimulation. It's like being hooked up to the matrix while people are fucking right next to you
Same, I even went to the psychiatrist, and now have the ADHD Label, and get amphetamines prescribed lol
The worst is, when u come to the realization that, whatever I fantized about, is literally non achievable for me.. literally broke me when I was like 12, I always imagined being normal. (Not Even Chad, I just wanted to be like the rest..)

Same, I even went to the psychiatrist, and now have the ADHD Label, and get amphetamines prescribed lol
The worst is, when u come to the realization that, whatever I fantized about, is literally non achievable for me.. literally broke me when I was like 12, I always imagined being normal. (Not Even Chad, I just wanted to be like the rest..)
Yeah being normal
all I ever wanted
I don't want to be like these normies now though, too delusional and judgmental

Maladaptive day dreaming is a mental disorder where you’re really prone to daydreaming, and escapism in different sitution.
You try to compensate a different situation, like you’re at school where everyone dislikes you, so you dream away those hours you have to be at school..

Does anyone do the same? I literally have a problem with it, since my life is so miserable
I've done that too, brutal, guess it's symptom of ADHD, I was diagnosed with it. ADHD makes life even more miserable, you can never study effectively with it and no medication can treat it. MDD I've been addicted to it so much cos reality is too hard to cope. Just become a hopeless daydreamer and escape out of reality just to exist without having thoughts of roping.

Last edited:
I've done that too, brutal, guess it's symptom of ADHD, I was diagnosed with it. ADHD makes life even more miserable, you can never study effectively with it and no medication can treat it. MDD I've been addicted to it so much cos reality is too hard to cope. Just become a hopeless daydreamer and escape out of reality just to exist without having thoughts of roping.
ADHD medication is highly effective, but all of these substances have strong sideffects.

Most people who aren't fond of their life practice daydreaming obsessively, literally most people do this. Like mentally spending too much time in a place where things are the way you want them to.

I didn’t know that was what it was called, but yeah I might have that.

I do have this. Daydreams all the fucking time. Tried a lot of adhd drugs and even Dexmetaamphetamine does jack shit against it. I would be ok with if my executive function would work, but no everything i start gets distracted and delayed by all that daydreaming

Last edited:
ADHD medication is highly effective, but all of these substances have strong sideffects.
Yah, like I had to quit dex and rit cause of it, the anxiety and overall nervousness was too much

I daydream a lot, yeah

I daydream a lot, yeah
But to a point where u do it in order to escape reality, as a coping mechanism?
And to a point where u are actually addicted to it, and have problems living a normal life ?

But to a point where u do it in order to escape reality, as a coping mechanism?
And to a point where u are actually addicted to it, and have problems living a normal life ?
It's pretty excessive at times, but I don't think it hinders me doing everyday tasks.