Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

In Spain you can be forced to participate in democracy

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Soon we will have local elections and every time this happens you can be randomly selected to go the polls and spend the entire day there, counting votes and making sure all the regulation is followed. Everyone with a Spanish passport, over 18 and with some education (I think that at least you need high school or equivalent) is elligible and the process is random so it could be anyone. If you don't show up at the polls you will be fined and even imprisoned, and they don't accept any excuses like I was sick or I had to go abroad, if you receive that dreadful letter you must go.

I find it ridiculous that even if you don't vote or don't care about politics they force you to participate in the system, at least voting is not mandatory yet. They pay you for being there but it's ridiculous, they give you around 70€ for being there the entire day when you could be doing something much more fun on a Sunday. Supposedly they do it for neutrality when counting votes but I still think it should be done by volunteers with some public servant or police ensuring it's done fairly, that's why we pay taxes for. Or they could simply call people who are unemployed or pensioners, not people with a job/students who just want to enjoy their weekend.

Btw the best way not to go is simply not opening the door to the mailman near election time unless you're expecting it. The letter they send you calling you to the polls is sent on registered post and must be signed, so without signature it's like if you weren't at home therefore you can't know they called you and it's not illegal. It never happened to me but it's a good strategy :feelsLSD::feelsLSD::feelsLSD::feelsLSD::feelsLSD::feelsLSD:

Democracy is cancer

Better than other countries like Argentina, where voting is mandatory

I was called to be one once. It sucked major ass but hey, 70€. As a NEET it was worth. Plus the other table members were also men and let me go home first. Apparently we did the job very quickly even though I messed up counting votes once :feelsrope:but yeah I wouldn't recommend. Do use whatever trick you can in order not to go.

Freedom and liberties matter more anything else. Death to democracy

Same here in belgium

Real "democracy" when you don't have a choice. In Serbia voting is controlled by volonters who are ruling parties bots.

Wow. Maybe Spaniards are less cucked though and would never volunteer for such tedium.

Surely disabled people get a pass
Nope, I'm disabled and no such excuses work. I had to go like every other currante.

Can't they just hire people to do that? JFL.

What happens if you are selected and just don't go there, you get fined?

I was called to be one once. It sucked major ass but hey, 70€. As a NEET it was worth. Plus the other table members were also men and let me go home first. Apparently we did the job very quickly even though I messed up counting votes once :feelsrope:but yeah I wouldn't recommend. Do use whatever trick you can in order not to go.
Happened to me in 2019. Was not bad but meh.

Spain is a shithole where any stranger can live in your house without your permission (or at least it was when I heard those news). Not like America when you can pick a gun and kill whoever puts a foot in your house without permission.

America is a shithole too, but at least it pretends to have "freedom".

that's fucked up
i never voted for anyone in my whole life since i am not interested in jewish political systems and the jewish presidents made to rule the country. and i am sure that i am not gonna vote in the future.

Same thing in Brazil and Argentina

Fuck democracy a dictatorship is better bring back the 30's baby

@AsgardTheFatcel ????????????

@AsgardTheFatcel ????????????
Yeah. You can be called (even as an autistic, or severely disabled) to attend electoral board as a "member". If you don't attend in the specified day (election day), you can be fined or imprisoned.

Mogger.