Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I'm socially retarded even in games.

ShowerTaker

ShowerTaker

Just take a shower bro.
-
I got lucky and matched with a quite decent team in this FPS game I usually play. We quickly managed to win and the emotion made one of the players invite everyone to the lobby where we regrouped and chatted for a couple of minutes.

Fine, but now they are discussing creating a group on Whatsapp and founding a clan to play together. My social anxiety attacked and I immediately thought, "how much time will it take until everyone leaves?"

I knew this was fated to go wrong. I don't really like forming bonds unless the expectancy of this new friendship is likely to be long. Why would I make friends with people and talk to them just so they get bored one day and decide to leave me and everyone else behind? I might be overthinking it, but this seems like a logical conclusion to me.

I think most people here are just like me when it comes to relationships. We might enjoy the moment, but long-term thinking is inevitable. It's not like a group of friends playing videogames together will ever get an actual chance to meet up in real life. So why bother?

And in case you are wondering, I blocked every single one of them and left.

I got lucky and matched with a quite decent team in this FPS game I usually play. We quickly managed to win and the emotion made one of the players invite everyone to the lobby where we regrouped and chatted for a couple of minutes.

Fine, but now they are discussing creating a group on Whatsapp and founding a clan to play together. My social anxiety attacked and I immediately thought, "how much time will it take until everyone leaves?"

I knew this was fated to go wrong. I don't really like forming bonds unless the expectancy of this new friendship is likely to be long. Why would I make friends with people and talk to them just so they get bored one day and decide to leave me and everyone else behind? I might be overthinking it, but this seems like a logical conclusion to me.

I think most people here are just like me when it comes to relationships. We might enjoy the moment, but long-term thinking is inevitable. It's not like a group of friends playing videogames together will ever get an actual chance to meet up in real life. So why bother?

I was like you when I first started voice chatting, then I learned to Act and talk more nt

Also I was sweating like hell cuz of social anxiety first lol

Why would I make friends with people and talk to them just so they get bored one day and decide to leave me and everyone else behind? I might be overthinking it, but this seems like a logical conclusion to me.

I have some internet friends since 2011, I know I will never meet them irl because they live in Argentina and colombia, and I am from Mexico.
and there are others who stopped talking to me because they no longer use facebook/youtube or they work a lot, but I am sure that if I talk to them we will do it again as before.

Last edited:
Oh it's nice to know you guys have had a good interaction with online players. Maybe I should start working on it to try and form bonds even if they won't last forever. It might make me less lonely, I don't know.

I've always been very socially anxious. As a result, I do not play online games anymore because I do not feel comfortable chatting with other players directly. I have a disorder(symptom of another disorder) that makes me extremely sensitive to criticism in any form and lack of socialization leads to problems in co-op games.

I am also socially retarded online lol. I have tried to become friends with people online (esp in video games) but it usually doesn't really work out ever. I find a lot of times we will play a game or chit chat like once and then never again interact. It's still worth trying though. I got some good friends from .co/chat before that I still talk to. I can understand your pain though since I have like a 0.01% success rate lol.

I hate "internet friends", it sucks ass and it's cucked.

I don't bother with online games, I have le friends on steam and they are just sitting there lmao

I'm socially retarded everywhere.