Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I'm sick of souls likes

Stupid Clown

Stupid Clown

Everything burns
★★★★★
Dark Souls is the new Assassin's Creed/God of War in terms of how every company is ripping it off. I'm sick of souls combat being forced into games. Dodging, rolling and slowly chipping away at giant health bars can only remain entertaining for so long.

At the very least devs could add stamina to bosses like monster hunter so after fighting them for a bit the boss begins to tire which gives you more opportunities to damage the boss and makes it feel less robotic.

But nooooo, they have to mindlessly copy dark souls because it's le new trending thing!

Name 5 examples

That's the one thing I hated about soulsborne was the enemies and bosses have infinite pools of resources except heal. I would like to see them tire like monster hunter

Name 5 examples
Monkey game

Lies of P

Star Wars Jedi fallen order

Every single Japanese action game that's been announced

Although it was somewhat dumbed down Stellar Blade

ur just not the target audience. you outgrew these types of games. eventually they get old since ur getting old. i too outgrew them.

Monkey game

Lies of P

Star Wars Jedi fallen order

Every single Japanese action game that's been announced

Although it was somewhat dumbed down Stellar Blade
I hate to say it.. but it might be over
Df30zqg 5744968f ff15 4321 af9e 38a67a41e26e

That's the one thing I hated about soulsborne was the enemies and bosses have infinite pools of resources except heal. I would like to see them tire like monster hunter
Yeah, it just feels so robotic and tedious. It's no different than a MegaMan boss really. You just memorize the pattern, learn all the bullshit attacks, and slowly chip away. It's not even that hard to do. Just time consuming.

ur just not the target audience. you outgrew these types of games. eventually they get old since ur getting old. i too outgrew them.
I have no problem playing an actual fromsoft game. My issue is when everyone mindlessly rips off fromsoft without adding anything original or creative to the mix. I hated God of War ripoffs and Assassin's Creed/Arkham clones to back in the day.

What's worse now is that most Japanese devs are now just mindlessly following trends like souls games when they used to be creative with action games. It's over for the action game genre

Yeah, it just feels so robotic and tedious. It's no different than a MegaMan boss really. You just memorize the pattern, learn all the bullshit attacks, and slowly chip away. It's not even that hard to do. Just time consuming.
It would shift the dynamic of bragging instead of " I beat malenia " it would be "I beat malenia in 2 minutes and 34 seconds"

I have no problem playing an actual fromsoft game. My issue is when everyone mindlessly rips off fromsoft without adding anything original or creative to the mix. I hated God of War ripoffs and Assassin's Creed/Arkham clones to back in the day.

What's worse now is that most Japanese devs are now just mindlessly following trends like souls games when they used to be creative with action games. It's over for the action game genre
you usually have the devil may cry likes (kind like the OG GOWs and FF16) and souls likes. The action game genre is pretty limited in general so it isn't something that'll keep u entertained for long. they're mostly for teenagers.

you usually have the devil may cry likes (kind like the OG GOWs and FF16) and souls likes. The action game genre is pretty limited in general so it isn't something that'll keep u entertained for long. they're mostly for teenagers.
Back in the day you had Japanese devs experimenting with different combat systems at least back in the PS2 era. Things didn't start stagnating untill 360/PS3 era, and then the last few generations the genre has basically devolved into souls likes.

This is something that's happened to most game genres because creativity and originality is too risky with larger budgets. It's much safer to just copy what's popular.

It would shift the dynamic of bragging instead of " I beat malenia " it would be "I beat malenia in 2 minutes and 34 seconds"
True.

Really? Doesn't it take let-me-solo-her like 3-5 minutes
that's cuz he uses an average build. if ur to speedrun there's various ways to delete her.

This is something that's happened to most game genres because creativity and originality is too risky with larger budgets. It's much safer to just copy what's popular.
while this is true. by now everything's sorta been done already. if u were gaming during the PS2 era it's unlikely an action game could be produced rn that u haven't seen in a different form before. it's kinda like how all FPS games bore me now. eventually you really have seen it all. there's many different action games like musou hack and slash games and hybrid JRPG action games (like FF7 remake) but eventually you will have played at least one good one of each type.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKsIwf30eh4

that's cuz he uses an average build. if ur to speedrun there's various ways to delete her.
I don't think any speedrun category has malenia as necessary boss for it. It is completely optional.

while this is true. by now everything's sorta been done already. if u were gaming during the PS2 era it's unlikely an action game could be produced rn that u haven't seen in a different form before. it's kinda like how all FPS games bore me now. eventually you really have seen it all. there's many different action games like musou hack and slash games and hybrid JRPG action games (like FF7 remake) but eventually you will have played at least one good one of each type.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKsIwf30eh4

No, there's plenty of ways you could innovative with action games simply by changing how the game controls. Early 2000s Japanese devs would often experiment with adding sword control to the second analog stick. Imagine a game where the sword follows each slight movement of the analog stick instead of being limited to restricted actions set to buttons.

There's so much room for invitation. The problem is yet again devs being scared of doing something new and going against the norm.

I don't think any speedrun category has malenia as necessary boss for it. It is completely optional.
i dont mean full playthrough speedrun. just the boss.

There's so much room for invitation. The problem is yet again devs being scared of doing something new and going against the norm.
I hope ur right. I feel as though I've seen everything and am utterly bored with 99% of gaming.

I hope ur right. I feel as though I've seen everything and am utterly bored with 99% of gaming.
There is some cool unique and underated games but you've likely need heard of them because originality doesn't sell.

Dark Souls is the new Assassin's Creed/God of War in terms of how every company is ripping it off. I'm sick of souls combat being forced into games. Dodging, rolling and slowly chipping away at giant health bars can only remain entertaining for so long.

At the very least devs could add stamina to bosses like monster hunter so after fighting them for a bit the boss begins to tire which gives you more opportunities to damage the boss and makes it feel less robotic.

But nooooo, they have to mindlessly copy dark souls because it's le new trending thing!
Fuck dark souls
fuck bloodborne
fuck elden ring
fuck sekiro

fuck whatever middle earth shit game comes the next year with gay swords and knights and other faggotry