Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I'm learning react, finally

allDead

allDead

Coldness in my heart
★★★
Started webdev about 2 years ago. Got depressed for long periods of time, during which I did not code. My JS is very solid, but I'm just now starting react. I'm learning about hooks. I tried so hard to get to this point. I remember starting, 2 years ago, struggling to clone google's homepage in plain css. That took me 5 fucking hours, straight because I just started learning flexbox that day,.This shit would have looked impossible to me, and it did. . Now I'm writing react and learning node. And I fucking get it. And I tried so hard to get here so why do I still feel so shitty and empty.

Last edited:
smoke weed learn guitar :smonk:

I'm learning C, like the big boys do.

I can kind of play guitar. But it's too boring, and I don't like music enough to play consistently.
itz like that until you can play and improvize then itz lifefuel :smonk:

I'm learning C, like the big boys do.

I once knew the CAGED system pretty good. That was like 4 years ago lol
oh yes i didnt like it at all so i just kinda organized the notes in another way myself to guide myself across the fretboard

Good for you man, you can make decent money when you become a developer. The feeling empty and shitty part is probably (correct me if I'm wrong) you have no social life/ or significant relationships. You are alone.

I have a decent job in the tech industry, but I too just feel fucked up a lot of the time. Other than my job every other aspect of my life is just shit.

There's a good black mirror episode, about a game developer, who is successful, and is great at what he does, but he is alone/ am outcast. Would recommend watching.

Good for you man, you can make decent money when you become a developer. The feeling empty and shitty part is probably (correct me if I'm wrong) you have no social life/ or significant relationships. You are alone.

I have a decent job in the tech industry, but I too just feel fucked up a lot of the time. Other than my job every other aspect of my life is just shit.

There's a good black mirror episode, about a game developer, who is successful, and is great at what he does, but he is alone/ am outcast. Would recommend watching.
Thanks man. I'm pushing pretty hard. I do school (finishing this year, I hope) before I go wage, then come back home and code for 2 hours. I can sometimes code /read docs/ whatever during the day when work is slow. But 2 hours is my sweetspot, I think. For some reason recently I've just been absorbing a shitton of stuff.
Yeah, and I have no friends. Not a one for 5 years. Just work, and sleep. C'est la vie I guess, fuck it.

Last edited: