Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel I'm gonna stop caring about my scars

janoycresva

janoycresva

hey
-
I will still surgerymax but for now, there's no point in continuing to dwell about my acne scars. I'll make the best of what I got and see where that gets me. I also found this article (https://www.theguardian.com/science/2008/nov/18/scar-attraction) and although it's not talking about acne scars that cover a great area of the face, it still brought some hope into my day.

"Psychologists at the universities of Liverpool and Stirling decided to investigate the effects of facial scars by asking 115 women and 64 men to rate the attractiveness of eight strangers of the opposite sex. Half were asked to look at original face shots, while the other half viewed images that had been digitally manipulated to add scars to their cheeks, jawbones or foreheads. While the scars made no difference to the perceived attractiveness of women, scarred men ranked 5.7 percentage points higher in the appeal ratings than those with undamaged skin."

The type of scars I have are not attractive, I know this, but maybe they don't make me as ugly as I think they do; who knows, maybe they just take my SMV down a few points. Entering my 2nd year of Uni, I've never approached, will try some this year and see what happens.

While I haven't personally tried it (I'm a cheap bastard) I heard that a pmd tool would work for acne scars and other skin deep facial imperfections

we're forced to accept them because theres no hope of them being fixed.

Good mindset, best of luck to ya

ı have a scar on my face too.not acne scar

What do your scars look like? Are they light spots or deep holes? It would makes a huge difference.
Both my cheeks are completely covered in red acne scars but I hope that the scars will turn white over time. Wouldn't be that bad then.

Absolutely no way acne scars can be positive...

Bro if you are ugly then scars won’t help you

That article doesn't relate to acne scars at all, forget about it. Of course you shouldn't care that much about your scars, like don't think about it every second. You should still try every surgery and treatment available because the perception of acne scars isn't as of scars, but as a very bad skin.

yes you are correct, i concur
That article doesn't relate to acne scars at all, forget about it. Of course you shouldn't care that much about your scars, like don't think about it every second. You should still try every surgery and treatment available because the perception of acne scars isn't as of scars, but as a very bad skin.