Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I'll Leave this Here for Anyone Looking to Gymcel

ItheIthe

ItheIthe

Legend
[Get off this thread if you're coming here to bash it]

Anyone interested in gymcelling, whether they still have hope, or just for a hobby, here is something you should know.

Many people wonder if they should bulk or cut. Do both. They way to both is by doing drop sets. High reps = bulk. Low reps = cut. Drop sets entail both.

Rather than explaining a drop set, it would be easier to give an example. Pick a weight you can lift about 4-6 times. Let's say you decide to bench 180.

Do 180 as many times as possible (Although you shouldn't exceed 6 reps, if you do you need to increase weight)
Once you can't do anymore, immediately drop down to 155. Do as many as possible.
Once you can't do anymore, immediately drop down to 140. Do as many as possible. Then reset back to 180 after a break. Cycle through twice more.

By doing this, you should hit about 10-15 reps total, which is considered high reps, which will get you bulk. At the same time, your first two lifts will be high weight, so you will get tone. This is what I have been doing over the past month or so and I have seen considerable improvements.

Should i gymcel? I've been told I have great bodybuilding genetics. I'm 5'11, 23 to 24 inch shoulder, 3/10 face. Idk if its worth it for me because of my face.

I didn't do any of this shit. I got muscular and strong by gaining 20 something pounds aka "bulking" and adding 5lbs every other week to my lifts. I also did 5x5's

And then I cut by doing a shit ton of cardio and following my calories etc. Nothing to do with lifting. Cutting has to do with dieting. That's all.

Bri8564 said:
Should i gymcel? I've been told I have great bodybuilding genetics. I'm 5'11, 23 to 24 inch shoulder, 3/10 face. Idk if its worth it for me because of my face.

As someone who has a body that women literally drool over on a good looking guy's face (no joke), it's a fucking waste of time if you're ugly. It's over.

lol youre clueless

Bri8564 said:

You have 24 inch shoulders without lifting? Come on youngincel, I know you're trying to maintain an alter ego but you gotta make it somewhat believable.

anincelforlifelol said:
I didn't do any of this shit. I got muscular and strong by gaining 20 something pounds aka "bulking" and adding 5lbs every other week to my lifts. I also did 5x5's

And then I cut by doing a shit ton of cardio and following my calories etc. Nothing to do with lifting. Cutting has to do with dieting. That's all.

As someone who has a body that women literally drool over on a good looking guy's face (no joke), it's a fucking waste of time if you're ugly. It's over.

5x5s only work for so long. Eventually you will plateau unless you switch up reps/weights.

Framecel222 said:
Bri8564 said:
You have 24 inch shoulders without lifting? Come on youngincel, I know you're trying to maintain an alter ego but you gotta make it somewhat believable.
You said you will post proof to show someone else is an alt but you said you wont prove it to me because you don't care about proving yourself to others. You are the lowest iq member and biggest hypocrite on this forum. Nothing you say has validity you are a joke.

Bri8564 said:

If they're actually 24 inches, that's like god tier.

I still think you should gymcel regardless.

high reps do not equal bulk and low reps do not equal cut. you are mixed up.

Zielony4 said:
Bri8564 said:
If they're actually 24 inches, that's like god tier.
I still think you should gymcel regardless.
That's what everyone tells me including bodybuilders but Idk if its worth it to me. I just want a girl who loves me and i love her but I'm 3/10

Bri8564 said:
You said you will post proof to show someone else is an alt but you said you wont prove it to me because you don't care about proving yourself to others. You are the lowest iq member and biggest hypocrite on this forum. Nothing you say has validity you are a joke.

Bitch you have 2 blue stars. I'm one of the most active members on this forum. Bow down to my supremacy or go back to Lookism.

maybethrowed said:
high reps do not equal bulk and low reps do not equal cut. you are mixed up.

High reps do equal bulk. Look at any bodybuilder's program. They're all doing sets of 10. And low reps may not necessarily be "cut", but it won't bulk since you are lifting for power and no for reps.

ItheIthe said:
High reps do equal bulk. Look at any bodybuilder's program. They're all doing sets of 10. And low reps may not necessarily be "cut", but it won't bulk since you are lifting for power and no for reps.

10 is not "high rep". 8-12 reps is in the hypertrophy range. 14-20 is for toning.

Also bulking and cutting refers to losing or gaining weight.

ItheIthe said:

lmfao 10 is not high reps you retard. i've been working out for 10 years now, i would know what high and low reps result in. you do low reps with heavy weight for thickness and mass, and you do lighter weight with higher reps for tone. stfu, you don't even lift

maybethrowed said:
lmfao 10 is not high reps you retard. i've been working out for 10 years now, i would know what high and low reps result in. you do low reps with heavy weight for thickness and mass, and you do lighter weight with higher reps for tone. stfu, you don't even lift

I guarantee my physique mogs you, lol. And 10 reps is definitely higher in reps.

LMFAO, i guarantee it doesn't if you have no concept of what constitutes high and low reps

ItheIthe said:
I guarantee my physique mogs you, lol. And 10 reps is definitely higher in reps.

lmfffao, and i guarantee it doesn't if you can't properly distinguish high from low reps. 10 is not high at all. it is middle range, but certainly not high.

I suffer from low T. I can't gymcel because I'm literally subhuman.

maybethrowed said:
lmfffao, and i guarantee it doesn't if you can't properly distinguish high from low reps. 10 is not high at all. it is middle range, but certainly not high.

I guarantee it does. Post a pic and let's see how we compare.

I guess it depends on the persons goal: building muscle (bodybuilding), gaining strength (olympic lifting, powerlifting, strongman), being more athletic (oly-lifting/crossfit), or burning fat (HIIT/crossfit). If you focus on two or more; you'll get the lesser of two, but be sure to focus only one goal at a time though, and especially if you want to reap maximum benefit for whatever style of training you're doing, to achieve your goal.

I was focusing on strength before, but was enjoying until I injured my knees from squats.

Now, I'm just focusing on HIIT (cardio), and bodyweight training with single leg squats to help the knees out (not a fan of it, but working towards being injury-free before I get back into strength training).

Bri8564 said:
Go for it dude, upper/lower, push/pull/legs, and heck even bro-splits may even be good for your bodybuilding goals, give it a go.

dude, you are a massive retard and a fraud. i don't need to post a picture of myself for some dipshit who thinks low reps cut you up while high reps bulk you. you're either a troll or you're actually retarded. best wishes in resolving whichever of those is true

maybethrowed said:
dude, you are a massive retard and a fraud. i don't need to post a picture of myself for some dipshit who thinks low reps cut you up while high reps bulk you. you're either a troll or you're actually retarded. best wishes in resolving whichever of those is true

Don't even bother arguing if you're not gonna post any proof. Not a single bodybuilder would tell you to do 1RM for size. They'd tell you to go for hypertrophy, also known as high reps, which is 8-12 reps. Low reps is all about power and not putting on size.

You could do 10 sets of 3 to build muscles with heavier weights; just as you could do 3 sets of 10 to build muscles with lighter weights. However, lifting heavier takes longer, and you accumulate a lot more fatigue, also takes longer to recover, and your more likely to get injured. You have to separate your goals; if you want to build muscle, or strength. I also do agree with OP partially.

Gymcelling is fine but at least give good advice!
doing 15 reps total will get you nowhere

Here is THE BEST tip for gymceling: dont listen to weaklings or fatties. If you want good advice get it from people that actually look good.

Just lol @ gymcelling

anon101 said:
Gymcelling is fine but at least give good advice!
doing 15 reps total will get you nowhere

Here is THE BEST tip for gymceling: dont listen to weaklings or fatties. If you want good advice get it from people that actually look good.

15 reps in one set, and 3 sets. So about 40-45 reps total