Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I'll be working for the first time on Monday - any advice or tips?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11159
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11159

Self-banned
-
It'll be shitty retail work at a home centre. I have never worked before and I have intense anxiety. Most of the time I find it difficult to leave my house because I feel like everyone is judging me.
Although i'm shitting myself i'm happy that i'll finally be able to afford my copes. How do I make this experience as painless as possible?

no but it requires you to tolerate having the life sucked out of you day by day
How come? Moneymaxxing and actually feeling like i'm doing something instead of rotting at home sounds good to me.

How come? Moneymaxxing and actually feeling like i'm doing something instead of rotting at home sounds good to me.
suffering in a different form. money for what? you buy a cope here and there and that’s it. no one to spend time with. you will come home to nothing and be stuck in a cycle

It gets old. Even if you save money, eventually work will just be adding some meaningless number to your bank account.

What job?

FOIDS AVOID ME LIKE THE PLAGUE at my workplace. I only talk to fellow ethnics and random old white boomers because they find me posh.
Does carrying shit around and sweeping shit require a high IQ?
I do a similar thing (minus the sweeping).

Just throw things around, push things and listen to music.

After 4-6 hours a day, I'm not even tired (which is good). It is mundane though so don't do this permanently or you'll mentally fry your brain.

Lié about your social life if asked about it and help people only when asked.

What job?

FOIDS AVOID ME LIKE THE PLAGUE at my workplace. I only talk to fellow ethnics and random old white boomers because they find me posh.

I do a similar thing (minus the sweeping).

Just throw things around, push things and listen to music.

After 4-6 hours a day, I'm not even tired (which is good). It is mundane though so don't do this permanently or you'll mentally fry your brain.
Just a retail job at home centre. I assume i'll mostly be sweeping around and helping people carry shit. My mom is the reason why I got this job in the first place. I don't really want it tbh, I was happy with my neetbux which I could've had for a much longer time because of the Coronavirus.

Lié about your social life if asked about it and help people only when asked.
I never even thought about the fact that there will probably be people my age there. I'm 19. Fuck, that's kinda scary tbh. It could be a good or bad thing.

Never had a job so idk. I guess just keep your head down and do whatever crap your boss makes you. Collect your cash and book it back home

Never worked a day in my life

It gets boring really fast once you learn the ropes. You don't want to make a shift feel longer than it is. Don't be fixated on the clock (I did this mistake when I first started), time passes faster when you're preoccupied. I find that fidgeting or quietly whistling/humming a song helps pass time too.

Don't do too much work. It sounds counter intuitive but if you do then people will eventually expect you to work hard, always. Which equals more work for you.

Another tip is don't piss anyone off and avoid any workplace politics.

It gets boring really fast once you learn the ropes. You don't want to make a shift feel longer than it is. Don't be fixated on the clock (I did this mistake when I first started), time passes faster when you're preoccupied. I find that fidgeting or quietly whistling/humming a song helps pass time too.

Don't do too much work. It sounds counter intuitive but if you do then people will eventually expect you to work hard, always. Which equals more work for you.

Another tip is don't piss anyone off and avoid any workplace politics.

Thanks bro. Might sound stupid, but is retail work complicated? I think i'll mostly be carrying stuff, stacking shelves and sweeping around. I'm a socially retarded low IQcel though and I don't want to make myself look like a dumbass.

Thanks bro. Might sound stupid, but is retail work complicated? I think i'll mostly be carrying stuff, stacking shelves and sweeping around. I'm a socially retarded low IQcel though and I don't want to make myself look like a dumbass.
I've never worked in retail personally, but I've done a fast food job which is similar. It's not complicated but there are tons of little tasks to complete all the time. Getting supplies from the storage, putting them on the right shelves/displays, working the register, helping out a customer... you will switch between these tasks a lot

I'm not smart or fast either, I made plenty of mistakes and got scolded a lot. I learned from them and stopped making them.

Good luck man. Give us an update in a week or so about how you're doing.

Fuck your married milf co workers

Never had a job so idk. I guess just keep your head down and do whatever crap your boss makes you. Collect your cash and book it back home
tbh just get in and get out

suffering in a different form. money for what? you buy a cope here and there and that’s it. no one to spend time with. you will come home to nothing and be stuck in a cycle
based