Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel If your Norwood isn't very serious, pumpkin seed oil can block and even reverse it

Blackpillapologist

Blackpillapologist

The chad of unattractiveness
★★★★
Background: Male pattern baldness happens when DHT, a byproduct of testosterone attacks hair follicles, weakening them over time.

Research suggests that oral and topical consumption of pumpkin seed oil can block the conversion of testosterone to DHT, blocking further attacks on hair follicles and even rejuvenating the less damaged follicles.

Research 1: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4017725/

Article summary:

In this study, men with mild to moderate baldness were categorised in 2 groups: One who received 400 mg of pumpkin seed oil daily, and other who received fake oil with no therapeutic effect. Neither the participants nor investigators who checked hair growth rates were aware who was given real oil and who was given fake oil.

Furthermore, it was ensured that no statistically significant intergroup differences existed in age at the onset of hair loss and family history.

After 24 weeks, the researchers assessed the effects of Pumpkin Seed Oil (PSO) on hair growth using several methods:

- They analyzed standardized photographs of the patients' scalps, evaluated by an investigator who didn't know which treatment each patient received.

- Patients themselves assessed any changes they noticed in their hair growth.

- They measured the thickness of scalp hair.

- They counted the number of hairs on the scalp.

Self rated results:

At 12 weeks, no significant inter group differences were noticed. However, after 24 weeks, the self-rated improvement score in the real oil group was higher than in the control group.

Investigator results:

In real oil treated group, hair growth improved for 44.1%, remained the same for 51.4% and worsened for 2.7%

In fake oil treated group, hair growth worsened for 28.2%, remained unchanged for 64.1% and improved for 7.7%

Hair thickness and count results:

Hair thickness wasn't much different between groups, but the group of men who received PSO (Pumpkin Seed Oil) had, on average, 30% more hair at 12 weeks and 40% more hair after 24 weeks.

My thoughts: It is a moderately slow treatment and only after 24 weeks do less damaged hair follicles slowly rejuvenate and start making thin, weak hairs (hence no difference in hair thickness after 24 weeks) but definitely worth a try since it has no side effects.

~~~

Research 2: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6823528/

(keep in mind that this study has been done on mice and not humans)

Rats were applied testosterone, minoxidil and pumpkin seed oil and effects on rat hair were observed.

Findings:

- When testosterone was applied topically, it significantly prevented hair growth compared to the intact control group.

- PSO (Pumpkin Seed oil), at a concentration of 10%, increased the hair growth score after 3 weeks of treatment. Tissue examination findings confirmed these results, showing that PSO had a positive effect on hair growth.

- Both PSO (10%) and minoxidil were able to significantly reverse the effects of testosterone on hair follicles. The p-value of less than 0.001 indicates strong statistical significance, suggesting that both treatments effectively counteracted the negative impact of testosterone on hair growth.

curry pajeet oils from currydia usually work
for non indians its not recommended since most of them stink like shit :lul:

curry pajeet oils from currydia usually work
for non indians its not recommended since most of them stink like shit :lul:
I am willing to apply stinky stuff on my head to save my hairs, for me it's worth it

You should combine it with derma needling. Which will allow it to get deeper into the scalp.

fake and gay it's not strong enough

You should combine it with derma needling. Which will allow it to get deeper into the scalp.
Just destroy your collagen for no reason theory

Derma needling increases collagen. At least try to know what you're talking about.
On long term its bad for your skin because you keep damaging it, which is stressful to your skin and which can end in a collagen loss and early skin aging

Lies, stop being a pussy and take finasteride or dutasteride.

On long term its bad for your skin because you keep damaging it, which is stressful to your skin and which can end in a collagen loss and early skin aging
It's not, it's great for your skin. That's the whole point. It makes your skin regenerate. The damage is so microcosmic that the body can repair and rejuvenate it. Unlike larger damage, which the body often turns into scar tissue. It also allows vitamins to get deep into your skin, which you apply. Vitamin A/Retinol is particularly great for the skin.

It's not, it's great for your skin. That's the whole point. It makes your skin regenerate. The damage is so microcosmic that the body can repair and rejuvenate it. Unlike larger damage, which the body often turns into scar tissue. It also allows vitamins to get deep into your skin, which you apply. Vitamin A/Retinol is particularly great for the skin.

The woman who wrote that article peddles hew own skincare products, for hundreds of pounds. She offers no evidence for her claims about derma needling, just theory. She's right that most skincare products are poison, full of toxin, and should be avoided. I don't think she's right about needling.

You can see plenty of before and after's on this site: https://owndoc.com/

She sells exfoliants, exfoliating basically works on the same principle. As do chemical peels. I used at an home chemical peel when I was younger, as I had widened pores after having terrible acne all through puberty, and they improved my skin significantly.

Just take Dutasteride and Oral Minoxidil