Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious If your dad is bald, will you become bald too?

Tapsti

Tapsti

Dicklet.
My dad is bald. Will i be bald too?

mine isnt but my ucle is bald

If you are lucky.no bro

Not necessarily. They say balness is inherited from your mother's side but idk if that's true.
So is your mother's dad bald?

My dad is not bald and me and my Brother are balding.

My Dad isn't bald but I'm bald

G E N E T I C S H I T

My dad still has his hair so I’m hoping that means I won’t bald too..

in most cases its inherited by your mothers side, the brothers of my mother (my uncles) are all bald and now unfortunately its my turn

Maybe, but it's down to luck a lot of the time. However, if your mother carries balding genes and so does your father then you're pretty guaranteed to bald (unless your father was cheated on).
Balding is a dominant gene so if your maternal grandfather had it then it's likely you will, too. If it's just your dad then it's a 50% chance I think.

There was never any hope for my hair. All the men on both sides of my family went bald in their 20s. My bro was 19 when his bald patch emerged. I did well to reach 29 before mine came.

not necessarily, you cant really tell tbh, but you should more look at your mothers side male family

I have been told that male pattern baldness is inherited from the mothers side of the family. I think it has a lot to do with hormonal dysregulation.

Idk man. Both my parents are balding. My mom has the worse genetic hairwise, greying hair since 15 and now balding. Of course with such combination there's no way for me to escape balding

Yeah, I already started balding

I heard it comes from your mum's dad's lineage. That granddad was bald. I went bald before i was 30. My dad went bald mid 30s. So I'm gonna go out on a limb here. If you're Caucasian then yes, chances are you're gomna be bald young.

Not necessarily. It can happen that your dad only has one gene for baldness and he doesn't pass it up to you.
My dad still has his hair so I’m hoping that means I won’t bald too..
Not necessarily either because you can get the baldness gene from your mom.

my father and grandfather from both sides stll have hair. I really hope I can keep it this way

More than likely. The Norwood Reaper started on my hairline in my teens, and hair loss runs in the family.

every one always forgets the mother has a say in this also.

doesnt mean shit

in most cases its inherited by your mothers side, the brothers of my mother (my uncles) are all bald and now unfortunately its my turn
Its alway inherited on your mothers side. Practically all hair related Genes, especially the ones that effect balding are passed through the X chromosome, so as long as your a guy you dont have to worry about your dads balding genes.

worst genes generally come from mom side