Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion If you were to time travel to any point in recent history, where would you travel to?

TheDarkEnigma

TheDarkEnigma

St. JackieArklövcel
★★★★★
If I had a time machine, I would time travel from the late 1990s to the early 2000s (between 1998 and 2003).

That time period fascinates me because it was close to the time befoere I was born, and also the time I spend my very early childhood. I also like the technology and the aesthetics of the time, since that was right at the end of the analog age.

The Internet was already popular and I like the aesthetics of those old Web 1.0 sites and the sound of dialup modems; I like the look of CRT televisions and VHS recordings; '90s UNIX workstations and Linux desktop environments like CDE and early KDE; music genres like hip hop, UK garage, house and jungle were at its height like Daft Punk and Todd Edwards; there were video games likes the N64, OG PlayStation, the Dreamcast, the first Pokémon games, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, those plug-and-play NES clones; cartoons like Dexter's Lab, the Powerpuff Girls, Ren & Stimpy, Cat & Dog, Cow & Chicken, Beavis & Butthead, classic Spongebob and Futurama; anime like classic Pokémon, Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Bubblegum Crisis, Neon Genesis Evangelion; Power Rangers, Jurassic Park, Toy Story, the X Files; Disney movies like Hercules, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, Pocahontas, The Little Mermaid, The Rescuers Down Under, Lion King; soap operas and telenovelas; and I like Gen X youth culture.

The '90s had this dark feverish dream aesthetic. It's the reason why I like FaceAndLMS videos because it has that aesthetic of watching an old retrofuturistic documentary late at night in the dark on a CRT. I also like to look at old pictures from those times as well since the people kinda look a like but yet the technology and fashion are different.

And it also reminds me of my early childhood which was the only time I was truly happy, seeing my mom and my aunts when they were still very young and going to malls, back when my house had carpet flooring and an iMac G3 and playing on my Game Boy Color while hiding under pillows for fun and going outside to walks to the playground.

Last edited:
The 2000s. I'm a 2000s kid. I was born in 2001. Seeing technology back then again would be interesting. Gta 4 is the closest thing I have to travelling back to that period. Although it was released in 2008. It feels like it takes place in the mid 2000s.

The 2000s. I'm a 2000s kid. I was born in 2001. Seeing technology back then again would be interesting. Gta 4 is the closest thing I have to travelling back to that period. Although it was released in 2008. It feels like it takes place in the mid 2000s.
Same, I grew up in the 2000s as well. Thought the late 2000s don't interest me as much. The '90s fascinate me more since it was just before I was born, and sometimes I wish I was born in the last millennium even if it was at the very last second.

Same, I grew up in the 2000s as well. Thought the late 2000s don't interest me as much. The '90s fascinate me more since it was just before I was born, and sometimes I wish I was born in the last millennium even if it was at the very last second.
I miss the 2000s.... No tiktok no onlyfans. Far better time.

I miss the 2000s.... No tiktok no onlyfans. Far better time.
It was still the beginning of the modern social media era, since that was the time (particularly the late 2000s) when the iPhone came out, and when sites like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, 4chan and YouTube began to rise.

It was still the beginning of the modern social media era, since that was the time (particularly the late 2000s) when the iPhone came out, and when sites like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, 4chan and YouTube began to rise.
Those websites were nowhere near as bad then as they are now. They was also far less censorship on them.

Those websites were nowhere near as bad then as they are now. They was also far less censorship on them.
True politics and toxicity on the Internet weren't as crazy. But keep in mind this was after 9/11 and Bush wasn't seen very favorably. And PC culture started in the '90s.

Tumblr was also around back then, and remember Flash games?

go to 1941 and warn German high command not to open another front in Russia

True politics and toxicity on the Internet weren't as crazy. But keep in mind this was after 9/11 and Bush wasn't seen very favorably. And PC culture started in the '90s.

I remember Windows XP. The slow internet loud intro and green hill background. I also remember the ps2 ps3 and Nintendo Wii. I didn't really browse the internet that much when I was little I just played some online games on there.

I remember Windows XP. The slow internet loud intro and green hill background. I also remember the ps2 ps3 and Nintendo Wii. I didn't really browse the internet that much when I was little I just played some online games on there.
I have a few working computers from the 2000s, including an Athlon 64 running Windows 7 and Devuan, a Celeron D with Devuan, and and an iMac G5 with Mac OS X Tiger.

I also have a DSi and a PSP. I had a Wii and a PS3 but I trashed it.

I have a few working computers from the 2000s, including an Athlon 64 running Windows 7 and Devuan, a Celeron D with Devuan, and and an iMac G5 with Mac OS X Tiger.

I also have a DSi and a PSP. I had a Wii and a PS3 but I trashed it.
I have a ps2 ps3 and PSP. I still play the ps3 and ps2 from time to time. My old wii is broken though. Old computers these days are very slow.

I have a ps2 ps3 and PSP. I still play the ps3 and ps2 from time to time. My old wii is broken though. Old computers these days are very slow.
Yeah, but they can still get the job done. Fun to play around and experience nostalgia.

back to december 2000 to get my parents to abort me

@Nebuchadnezzar

Yeah, but they can still get the job done. Fun to play around and experience nostalgia.
I prefer older video games from the ps2 and ps3 era to today's games by far.

I'd go back to the 80s honestly, I want to experience a pre-internet world for a while, seems like a much more vibrant and interesting world. Imagine traveling through the continents before the era of Instagram, all you could do was hang the pictures on the fridge. But I don't want an internetless world for too long, because the 90s and 2000s aesthetics interest me as well, plus I want to invest on Google :feelsdevil:

September 1939 :yes:

ww2 era, join the nazis and just murder everyone (in vidya)

If I had a time machine, I would time travel from the late 1990s to the early 2000s (between 1998 and 2003).

That time period fascinates me because it was close to the time befoere I was born, and also the time I spend my very early childhood. I also like the technology and the aesthetics of the time, since that was right at the end of the analog age.

The Internet was already popular and I like the aesthetics of those old Web 1.0 sites and the sound of dialup modems; I like the look of CRT televisions and VHS recordings; '90s UNIX workstations and Linux desktop environments like CDE and early KDE; music genres like hip hop, UK garage, house and jungle were at its height like Daft Punk and Todd Edwards; there were video games likes the N64, OG PlayStation, the Dreamcast, the first Pokémon games, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, those plug-and-play NES clones; cartoons like Dexter's Lab, the Powerpuff Girls, Ren & Stimpy, Cat & Dog, Cow & Chicken, Beavis & Butthead, classic Spongebob and Futurama; anime like classic Pokémon, Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Bubblegum Crisis, Neon Genesis Evangelion; Power Rangers, Jurassic Park, Toy Story, the X Files; Disney movies like Hercules, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, Pocahontas, The Little Mermaid, The Rescuers Down Under, Lion King; soap operas and telenovelas; and I like Gen X youth culture.

The '90s had this dark feverish dream aesthetic. It's the reason why I like FaceAndLMS videos because it has that aesthetic of watching an old retrofuturistic documentary late at night in the dark on a CRT. I also like to look at old pictures from those times as well since the people kinda look a like but yet the technology and fashion are different.

And it also reminds me of my early childhood which was the only time I was truly happy, seeing my mom and my aunts when they were still very young and going to malls, back when my house had carpet flooring and an iMac G3 and playing on my Game Boy Color while hiding under pillows for fun and going outside to walks to the playground.
1950s Cuba. Since I’m bilingual, I could become a rich sugar plantation owner, then make enough money to buy a house in South Florida before SHTF in 1959:feelskek::feelskek:

PC culture started in the 90s but it didn’t rear its ugly head until Obongo became president in 2008. 2010 and onwards, shit started to suck. :fuk::fuk:

PC culture started in the 90s but it didn’t rear its ugly head until Obongo became president in 2008. 2010 and onwards, shit started to suck. :fuk::fuk:
I think you're generally correct. But it had its roots in the 1960's. There are gradations. For example, I certainly can remember all of my middle, high school and even on into college years (2001) in as being far less PC. In our social circles we broke all the now "established" PC rules, in conversation. But like you said, post 2008 is where it really gets a hold over people and becomes fiat law.

Probably the 80s so I could experience a time before extreme feminism and the internet. shit was probably way better then it is today:fuk:
September 1939 :yes:
mayb this too.

go to 1941 and warn German high command not to open another front in Russia
that could alter history for the better or worse depending on who you ask

straight to the Middle Age

only thing I can see being noticeably different from the outcome of a german victory is a more conservative political landscape in Europe since Germany already makes up close of the 70% of the EU according to gdp