Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Identifying with your pathologies

Atavistic Autist

Atavistic Autist

Intersectional autistic supremacy
★★★★★
There was recently a promotional video released by the CIA on Twitter where a stonk independent brown woman bravely admitted, among other things, to having generalized anxiety disorder.

This may seem like a nascent phenomenon, representative only of our own times, but the trend of identifying with pathology has been present ever since the early industrial era, among the decadent upper classes (to no surprise).

I first started to notice this when listening to my parents converse in Polish. In the Polish language, there is no distinct term for "anxiety," or at least it is not used colloquially like it is in English. Instead, the concept is fully expressed by the term "nervous," and as it happens, nervousness was a legitimate medical category in the early industrial era, used to explain maladaption to the stresses of a changing world as a problem of the nerves.

But it was less the stresses of industrial workers who labored in inhumane conditions, and more the stresses of their social superiors in the bourgeoisie. It was popular in this social scene to admit to having a case of nervousness, and even Theodore Roosevelt, who otherwise warned about the perils of effeminizing "over-civilization," publicized his nervousness.

Last edited:
This is way deeper than I expected...

I have also seen that video and I find it worrying how they are normalizing mental disorders to the level that normies are also adopting them but only for the trend of the moment instilled by netflix series or similar things.