Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory I wonder why modern home decor looks like it does in the movie Equilibrium

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
These days it looks like his apartment in the movie. Boxy and white and stark.

View: https://youtu.be/7Q8LQNOyA2w

But it used to be colourful and varied like this:

Vintage 1980s bathroom decor and color schemes

It's strange how this society is going. I do wonder whether it's intentional and designed to dull our senses and emotions.

These days it looks like his apartment in the movie. Boxy and white and stark.

View: https://youtu.be/7Q8LQNOyA2w

But it used to be colourful and varied like this:

View attachment 1295161

It's strange how this society is going. I do wonder whether it's intentional and designed to dull our senses and emotions.

holy shit im not the only one :ha..feels::ha..feels::ha..feels:
YES! I have noticed this as well, they all have the same weird ikea furniture, blockie tables, same weird flover pots and wall decorations of generic prints idk.

This table in particular:

Is there a name for that? Like, their rooms literally look like ikea rooms look in the commericals.

because everyone is devoid of any morals or soul and their decor and general outward appearance reflects that

holy shit im not the only one :ha..feels::ha..feels::ha..feels:
YES! I have noticed this as well, they all have the same weird ikea furniture, blockie tables, same weird flover pots and wall decorations of generic prints idk.

This table in particular:

Is there a name for that? Like, their rooms literally look like ikea rooms look in the commericals.

Yeah it's crazy right?

For years I thought it was just in big houseshares but then I learned it was everywhere.

I guess it's just... minimalism? With a focus on white for some reason. I guess because it's the most minimalist colour XD

because everyone is devoid of any morals or soul and their decor and general outward appearance reflects that

Yeah I think it's concerning especially when you look at how things used to be.

Even in the '90s thing were becoming more "minimalist"/neutral, but it was nowhere near the way it is now.

I prefer the old furniture that was hand crafted with care, not by a bot