Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I was summoned for jury duty, but got out of it by asking to be excused and saying what a tremendous hardship it would create in my life.

VideoGameCoper

VideoGameCoper

Paragon
★★★★★
That makes me feel good. I don't have to sit in a courthouse all day and listen to drawn out proceedings
@comradespiderman29
@Da_Yunez

WTF is jury duty?

I almost got it 2 years ago, but got lucky they didn't call my number for jury duty

WTF is jury duty?
When your town summons you to serve on a jury in a criminal case. I just told them about my health conditions that will make my blood pressure drop if I sit for a long time (legit health condition btw), and that I care for my 80+ year old grandfather (which I actually do), and they let me go.

When your town summons you to serve on a jury in a criminal case. I just told them about my health conditions that will make my blood pressure drop if I sit for a long time (legit health condition btw), and that I care for my 80+ year old grandfather (which I actually do), and they let me go.
do they just pick anyone for this? are there any prerequisites and do you even gain anything from this jury duty

do they just pick anyone for this? are there any prerequisites and do you even gain anything from this jury duty
You gotta be 18, and you get paid around $10 a day for it. (It’s essentially serving the government for free with barely any benefits to you).

You gotta be 18, and you get paid around $10 a day for it. (It’s essentially serving the government for free with barely any benefits to you).
Jury duty is cucked

At least you can go harsh on chads and foids and easy on truecels

jury duty is complete crap.

i've met some of the biggest idiots there when I was summoned. you see when you're at a bar and drunk and just doing small talk, its harder to gauge someone's intellect, personality, morality, integrity, etc... but when you're in a jury duty and you hear those other fuckin idiot jurors trying to use reason its just flat out hilarious.

i was like these are the people that are gonna judge the case?

most of the time everyone there was clamoring to get the shit over with and the defendant's life and reputation was on the line lol

Last edited:
jury duty is complete crap.

i've met some of the biggest idiots there when I was summoned. you see when you're at a bar and drunk and just doing small talk, its harder to gauge someone's intellect, personality, morality, integrity, etc... but when you're in a jury duty and you hear those other fuckin idiot jurors trying to use reason its just flat out hilarious.

i was like these are the people that are gonna judge the case?

most of the time everyone there was clamoring to get the shit over with and the defendant's life and reputation was on the line lol
Brutal. That’s how I imagined it would be though

I already skipped out on mine back in January

Nice job

I got called for it recently, but work and uni was able to excuse me.

I got out of it as well last year, but apparently it was $40/hr iirc.

I got out of it as well last year, but apparently it was $40/hr iirc.
Glad you got out of it. That’s a good pay regardless if you had to go though at least. Can’t believe my local courthouse would only pay like $10 a DAY. That’s insane

No victim = no crime

Glad you got out of it. That’s a good pay regardless if you had to go though at least. Can’t believe my local courthouse would only pay like $10 a DAY. That’s insane
Nvm it was $40/day. If it was $40/hr, I would've done it for sure.

Nvm it was $40/day. If it was $40/hr, I would've done it for sure.
Ah, shit. That's practically slavery for that little. Glad you got out of it bro

Jury duty is for fags. I skipped it like 5 years ago. Just didn't respond. They can kiss my ass and break their backs doing it stupid niggers