Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I was inundated with nightmares last night

• Thread starter bigantennaemay1
  • Start date
bigantennaemay1

bigantennaemay1

Aspie social drifter without purpose or home
★★★★★
But I remember the last one most clearly, as I woke up from it. I'm just going to write a quick summary of it, though, because the memory of it is very quickly fading.

I was at home and the dream started normal enough where I thought I was actually awake. Then, I discovered a cursed mirror or something, lying on the kitchen floor, so I looked at it, and it sucked me right in and spat me out in some alternate dimension, where everything looked very similar, but details here and there were... off. The mirror would be in a different location, too, and each time I looked in it, it would take me to another dimension, where things would be almost perfectly normal, completely different and fucked up, or anywhere in between. And many times, these different dimensions were inhabited by demons, spirits, and other evil things posing as people I know with almost perfect disguise, but there were always a few minute flaws to give them away. The mirror would always be in a different location, and I'd have to find it to get out, and move to the next dimension.

I remember having a drive to find the mirror at all costs and keep going and going, because I believed that if I went far enough, I would find my way back home. Many times, the spirits and demons were hostile to me, and wanted to prevent me from finding the mirror and they wanted to eat my soul. But I was standing firm against them and fighting back. And the weirdest thing is that I knew how to fight them, and with what weapons, and I always just seemed to have what I needed on hand. For example, I remember one of the dimensions I went to was very similar to our waking world, but for the green sky on a cloudless day at noon, and the fact that turning my head seemed to cause the world to turn at a slower rate, if you get what I mean. It was one of those things that would turn your stomach if you were immersed in it for too long. Anyway, in this particular dimension, there was a demon taking form of a black cat, and it crawled out of the wall, and I could tell that it was something fucked: it had no shadow, it was so black it seemed to carry a very slight halo of darkness around it, I could not tell individual black hairs on its body apart, and its face was demonic with the features of it glowing white with a weak aura of light. The facial features were nothing like I could have seen; they very slightly resembled a mutilated human's face, mixed with, and I hate to say this, but it's true, the face of Haunter, the Pokemon. It was mostly the mouth, even though looking into its mouth I could only see pure white light, but the shape of it reminded me of Haunter in a way. Picture below, for reference, for those who don't know. Its face was also very... outlined, I guess. It's hard for me to put to words exactly what its face looked like, other than it was pure white and black, and the white parts were glowing, and when its gaze met mine, I felt like it was trying to paralyze me, or hold me in place, but it wasn't working on me for some reason. But I could definitely feel the paralyzing aura and the effect it was trying to have on my body. It was weird, it was almost like my unusual newfound courage was protecting me from that gaze.

Anyway, I somehow knew what I had to do to get rid of this abomination, which was to shine it with light. And then, inexplicably, I just happened to have a high-beam LED flashlight in hand which I did not have before and did not pick up. It was just there. So I turned it on and shined it at the demon cat as it was approaching me, and it stopped in its tracks, yowled in pain, and after a few seconds of light, disappeared in a poof of dark black smoke. So, I kept looking for the mirror to get out, and while I was searching, the demon cat came back again, and I fought it off a second time and then when it was gone again, found the mirror and moved on. But where did that flashlight come from? I almost never have any tools or things I need when dealing with the things that haunt my dreams. But tonight, I just felt like I had infinite pockets, or something, and just always had everything on me already, and ready to use. :fuk: I don't know what's up with that.

But I found this nightmare weird for a few reasons. One, I always seemed to know what to do and have on hand what I needed to do it. Two, my nightmares usually have me running from these demons and cowering in a dark corner somewhere, wishing for it all to end. But here, I was asserting myself, and standing up to them. Three, the sheer variety of the evil spirits and demons haunting me and trying to steal my soul was something I don't often encounter, and some were more deadly than others, faster or smarter than others, more dangerous than others. Usually when I have nightmares, it's about one thing, or groups of one particular type of thing that are haunting me. Sometimes, there are more than one thing trying to fuck me up, but I can usually count the different varieties in one nightmare on one or two hands. But this felt more like a gauntlet. :fuk: And believe me, I was feeling it when I woke up. And fourth and last, when I wake up from nightmares, I'm usually disoriented as all hell, and sometimes can't even tell if I'm actually awake, or I'm still in my nightmares, and I've just "woken" up into a different nightmare. I'm always paranoid as hell that things are going to start melting around me into horror. But that wasn't the case this morning: though I did have some balance issues when I got up, and accidentally lost my balance and fell into a wall on my way into the kitchen, I knew immediately this time that I was awake, and was able to get up from slumber and drowsiness just fine. :dafuckfeels: I just had such a weird, fucked up night.

By the way, here's the picture of Haunter, which that demon cat's face had very marginal similarities to (mostly just the shape of its mouth, to be honest):

Last edited:
I don’t get nightmares anymore

And I read every word. Mostly because a lot people can't appreciate others' dreams. Maybe it's that your brains had enough and your subconscious is fighting back if you have a lot of nightmares.

Have you ever tried lucid dreaming? I have a trick where if I'm in a nightmare and feel uneasy like that I open my eyes on the spot and reset like a game. Still have some I don't expect that mess me up like jumpscares though

Have you ever tried lucid dreaming?
I have, but I failed spectacularly at executing it. I requires a lot of discipline that I don't have when I'm trying to sleep, my issues with insomnia stem directly from not being able to shut my brain off and attempting lucid dreaming fucks with that, and then of course, my short term memory is completely shot. I'm surprised I could remember as many details as I did from last night's nightmare. :fuk:

And as for initiating it in my dreams, I've never been able to. The thought has never crossed my mind while in the dream world.

And as for initiating it in my dreams, I've never been able to. The thought has never crossed my mind while in the dream world.
That's a bummer. They're why I prefer sleeping since I've had quite a few. What helped me with most nightmares is when I got scared I started telling myself that it had to be a dream and then I'd repeat to myself to open my eyes and focused. Now I automatically wake up and fall asleep as many times as I need.

I've heard doing constant reality checks helps build the habit for sleep although it sounds pretty schizo

That's a bummer. They're why I prefer sleeping since I've had quite a few. What helped me with most nightmares is when I got scared I started telling myself that it had to be a dream and then I'd repeat to myself to open my eyes and focused. Now I automatically wake up and fall asleep as many times as I need.

I've heard doing constant reality checks helps build the habit for sleep although it sounds pretty schizo
I'm actually fine with it. It was one of the very few nightmares where I actually stood up and faced my fears, and I'm hoping to repeat that. I'm thinking maybe if I go to sleep with that attitude, I might be able to sway my subconscious self to do that more often. And if I can do that, despite the fact I'm still restless and probably not getting quality sleep with these nightmares, at least I won't have to fear going to sleep anymore.

I had more nightmares in the last 4 tears than the rest of my entire life.

It must be lack of regular condomless sex.

All the different dimensions with their demons represented the various challenges you have suffered in life. Your mind is still grappling with solutions for problems long lost.

The facial features were nothing like I could have seen; they very slightly resembled a mutilated human's face, mixed with, and I hate to say this, but it's true, the face of Haunter, the Pokemon.
That made me laugh. Great story. You should keep a dream journal.

Two nights ago I had sleep paralysis. In my dream, my shirtless, freakishly hairy roommate opened the door while I was asleep and walked in. The hallway light was on, casting his form as a silhouette. I knew it was him because of the hair, but his face was obscured by so much shadow that I knew it wasn't him. It was a demon or spirit of some sort.

I've had enough nightmares to know the only way to resolve them is to beat the shit out of the demons, so I tried to get up and swing at him, but I couldn't. I was paralyzed and hallucinating. He took a few steps towards me, and I managed to clumsily 'stand' up. It was like I only had control over 20% of my nervous system. I stumbled at him and could only noodle my limp arms back and forth, so I did. The demon looked past me (to my left?), and said "where are you?" I'm not sure why, but I snapped out of the dream then. I was hyperventilating in the dark and my hamster was going nuts on his hamster wheel.