Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutal I Wanna Die Because I'm Stupid

InMemoriam

InMemoriam

Make Paragon Glowie Again
★★★★★

I Wanna Die Because I'm Stupid​

Follow
Posted 4 years ago, 12 users are following.
somebody00

I'm 22 and I feel too dumb and incompetent. I've been always good at school when it comes to memorizing,just because I used to study day and night, so I managed to get high grades from elementary school to high school and because school materials didn't require any sort of smartness I was good at it. My friends thought I was smart and treated me like I'm one but after I joined medical school and things got too big for me.I started to feel dumb when I saw my friends,who used to get lower grades than me and don't even study as hard, answer doctors' questions and argue them while I couldn't ,tho I used to study day everyday. I can't remember what I studied,I can't understand what I see,I can't think at all.One day I study for 2 hours trying to memorize the questions to ask a patient to take his history and the next day when I sit in front of him I get my tongue tied and I can't remember a single question.when someone is speaking to me I get a brain block,If he's trying to explain something I just nod my head so that he can finish pretending I understand when I don't. I couldn't even play dominos with my friends because I was too dumb and couldn't keep up with them,they started calling me stupid over and over which increased my feeling of idiocy. Seriously I have an extremely low self-esteem that I avoid talking to someone for along time for fear that he can find out how stupid I am. I don't understand people and I don't get a lot of what I hear whether instructions or explanations and I feel completely useless.I can't imagine myself as a doctor responsible for ppls' lives,I can't be a successful doctor with this stupid brain,I feel like I will have the wrong career before even starting.I am not a social person and because I'm too white for a guy in my country,not albino, I used to get bullied as a kid,even now some of my friends make fun of me and I feel in-confident when I meet someone new thinking he would judge me by my looks even if they don't say it I can feel it in their attitude towards me.I started having suicidal thoughts because what could a stupid imbecile like me add to this world?

3 likes, 17 replies
Report / Delete3
New discussionReply

17 Replies​

Sort by Oldest Latest Most Votes Page 1/2 2/2 Next
  • Patient
    Posted 4 years ago
    Hi somebody00

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards
    Patient
    Report / DeleteReply

• jkeffy
    Posted 4 years ago
    Have faith in yourself- noone gets into medical school who is not clever. In any case, there are lots of different branches of medicine that are suited to different personalities and skills.

Going from being one of the top pupils in your school to medical school, where lots of people are smart is a scary thing. You are there on merit- don’t forget that.
    Maybe see your GP/ student counselling for support.
    Regards from a former medical student xx
    Report / Delete5Reply
    • somebody00
      Posted 4 years ago
      Thank you for the good words, i still can't find what suits me as per specialties, I'm not even sure if there's one but I appreciate the advice
      Report / Delete2Reply
  • vicky51471
    Posted 4 years ago
    Hi there
    look I’ve felt like you thought I was beneath people I fel kinda of thick but I am really good at caring I ran a home for 10 years happy times.
    Youve achived a lot so far there maybe other fields you could try?
    I am not a cleaver person but I am not stupid like you yo7 are not.
    i cannot retain information very well at all and I curse myself my mum my partner get questions right on quiz programmes I don’t I get a few!
    thing is keep trying find something that will make you happy maybe you’re not meant to be a dr there something else for you.
    Look people can be cruel not understanding what you feel like.
    Dont stop doing things please you are not an ibicle or anything like that.
    you sound lost and down. Call your dr have a chat with him/her you’ve said you’ve low self esteem many people do, do you have people around you that are kind and positive towards you that’s what you need.
    So look trie to talk to someone,
    you are worth being here, you will find you with a little help you feel. P,ease don’t give up.
    i put myself down call myself names but I am trying mot to do that and take the positives.
    ... take care be kind to yourself don’t put yourself down!
    Vicky

Report / Delete3Reply
    • somebody00
      Posted 4 years ago
      Thanks vicky for ur concern and encouragement but i think it's hard to change the field cuz i already spent 4 years studying medicine and i got 2 more left to graduate. Maybe i will consider this when i start failing as a doctor in the future who knows.
      And thanks for the advice I'm considering seeing a shrink already..
      Report / DeleteReply
  • Adldiane
    Posted 4 years ago
    Hello there. I am so sorry that you are struggling so much. It's very obvious that you are brilliant! And I mean brilliant! And it seemed to me as I read your email that there are several things going on. I am a visual person and a visual learner and when I started to college I chose different study styles and picked one that I thought fit me. And sure enough it worked very well for me. It's one thing to learn the material from a book or the net it's another to take the material and get it in front of a group of people and listen to them and present your take on what you think is the diagnoses. Take me. I knew my studies very well but I could not stand in front of a group to save my life. But I can figure out I have a problem and I need help working it out then figure out what type pro does that and go get help and I will overcome that shortcoming in myself to achieve my goals. Does this make any sense? I'm wondering if maybe you might go see a counselor and get some help sorting these things out so you can take your genius self forward to achieve your life's dreams. What do you think? Diane
    Report / Delete5Reply
    • somebody00
      Posted 4 years ago
      Thank you Diane for the concern. Our materials require a great deal of memorization which is too hard for me and i tried many ways not to mention the understanding, besides it's not only about study,i tried to believe i was smart but my deeds kept proving otherwise.
      I may consider seeing a counsler yeah
      Report / DeleteReply
    • Adldiane
      Posted 4 years ago
      Hello again. You have probably heard this enough but you are young and it's normal not to know what you want to do at this point in your life. I..like you am not good at memorization...but I have found a way to study in a way so that I can remember and can learn effectively and make all A's which with my personality I have to have to pass. I think you are way too hard on yourself. I am your biggest fan but far from the only one as you can see from all the responses!! We will be here while you work your way through this. And though therapy may take time it has changed my life completely! All for the best. Hang in there and keep us posted. By the way I like light skin as I am light skinned also!! Diane
      Report / Delete2Reply
  • Adldiane
    Posted 4 years ago
    I promise I am hearing you. Hope you see a counselor as I know you will figure this out in a way that is best for you. Four years in medical school is a huge investment of yourself. It has to be frustrating. You will find your way please be patient with yourself! Diane
    Report / Delete2Reply
  • cupaput
    Posted 4 years ago
    Marry me
    Report / Delete1Reply
  • plautus
    Posted 4 years ago
    let's make friends I feel dumb too
    Report / Delete1Reply

• hadi13535
    Posted 4 years ago
    Hey bro , i feel u man , im like you i cant remember simple things .. And this make me very very very sad .. Sometimes i feel im useless ..
    Report / Delete1Reply
New discussionReply

Back to topSort by Oldest Latest Most Votes Page 1/2 2/2 Next

I'm dumb as well, and guess what? I'm still a NEET college dropout.

copied the entire site :feelskek: based