Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR I used to practice saxophone

bigantennaemay1

bigantennaemay1

Aspie social drifter without purpose or home
★★★★★
A few years back, I managed, through some divine miracle, to land a full-time software job. Since things were starting to look alright financially, I decided to take up lessons to learn to play the saxophone, because I've always loved saxophones and always wanted to learn to play one.

But after a while, I got laid off from my job for budget reasons. I've since been hired back on at the same place, but only part-time. I'm currently working there 8 hours a week, while putting myself through school again. But when I got laid off, I couldn't afford the lessons anymore, because I was unable to land any other software position, except the one I'm currently working, which I didn't get back until just last year. So I decided to end my lessons, and my instructor told me to at least keep practicing until I could afford to resume lessons. Well, I continued practicing for a while; 6-8 months or so after I quit my lessons, I think. But then I gave up due to depression. My job situation wasn't really improving, and I lost the motivation to carry on. I still have my saxophone, it's an alto, and it was a rental that I had eventually paid off before I got laid off. But I haven't touched it in the last two years.

I wonder if I've completely forgotten how to play. :feelsbadman::feelsbadman::feelsbadman: I'm afraid to pick it up again and find out, because I don't want to find out that I have forgotten everything. And I know, I know, it's a self-perpetuated negative feedback loop. But I'm too afraid to know.

You may be able go the self-taught route. There are so many academy type Youtube tutorials that I'm convinced one can learn anything so long as they have access to the internet. And if you do pick it back up, you will be able to assess how much of your knowledge has been crystallized by looking at how much was retained.

I am in a similar situation but with language. I got pretty far through self learning and had just started taking formal lessons before the global psyop began and crushed all my hope of ever using it. Maybe I should take my own advice.

You may be able go the self-taught route. There are so many academy type Youtube tutorials that I'm convinced one can learn anything so long as they have access to the internet. And if you do pick it back up, you will be able to assess how much of your knowledge has been crystallized by looking at how much was retained.

I am in a similar situation but with language. I got pretty far through self learning and had just started taking formal lessons before the global psyop began and crushed all my hope of ever using it. Maybe I should take my own advice.
I'm just still too afraid to find out. :feelsbadman:

I did as well, started with alto when I was younger, played baritone and tenor in high school. also played bass clarinet and regular clarinet. I just have a keyboard now since it makes all sounds

I decided to take up lessons to learn to play the saxophone, because I've always loved saxophones and always wanted to learn to play one.
Sax

Ophone

View attachment 508038
No, I just like the sound of violins and saxophones, and figured I'm too clumsy to play a violin. If I wanted to pick up an instrument to ascend with, I would've played guitar. I had actually considered doing just that for a good while, once upon a time. But I decided better of it, because I didn't think it would work, and figured if I'm going to learn something, I'd rather learn something I personally like.
played baritone
I'm jealous. That's what I was hoping to eventually get around to learning.

I just have a keyboard now since it makes all sounds
Whatever works, I guess.
View attachment 508038
Also, why the fuck does she have a pillow wedged in her ass? :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha:

Last edited:
I did as well, started with alto when I was younger, played baritone and tenor in high school. also played bass clarinet and regular clarinet. I just have a keyboard now since it makes all sounds
Is this an incel software engineer trait? I played saxophone when I was in the school orchestra but didn't enjoy it nearly as much. I personally find keyboard instruments more versatile because you can mess with music production or practice at any time you want with headphones.
Same thing with Japanese. Got pretty far with self-study but stopped practicing because most hentai RPGs/VNs nowadays are translated. I think I'll cram for JLPT and at least get a certificate so my years of effort won't just go down the drain.