Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over I think I'm socially brain-dead

D

Doomer Guy

Deleted my account because this site is so dumb...
-
Whenever I get invited into discussions involving more than 2 people, whether it's IRL, on a forum or on a telecommunication app, I get the feeling of being in third person and I become unable to understand what's going on.
For example if I talk to only one person then everything is fine, but if that person invites me into a group chat with 2-3 other people then I suddenly can't keep track of the conversation anymore and feel like I'm not here, nothing more than a 3rd-person NPC spectator. I only talk if I'm forced to, like for example when I receive questions but I only answer with short monosyllabic answers.
That's why I hate chats such as Disc servers or can't take pace in very long forum threads.
Even in the online world, making friends and participating into group talks is an impossible task for me...
With so many messages or talks from different people, my brain can't understand what's happening and shuts down.
That's also why I gave up on trying to make friendships or relationships, because in these situations my brain gets confused and overloaded information that is, for me, too difficultly processable.
It's like trying to read a book and draw a very complex object at the same time, you can't do it because your brain can't focus and process that much stuff at the same time.
I see lots of people here on incels.is that have much more messages than me despite having a newer account. It's not just because of postmaxxing, it's also because I'm having trouble to participate a lot in this forum since my impairment makes me write less messages than the average user.

TL;DR The part of my brain that's responsible for socialization must've died over time due to inactivity because of my inability to understand what's going on in group talks or long forum discussions

Probs just socially stunted like most guys here. We never got the chance to develop socially.

My ability to socialize is getting worse due to cognitive impairment.

I become unable to understand what's going on.
I have the impression that after the pandemic (a lot of social isolation and depression) I have became genuinely more incapable of understanding what people say. I think the problem is that I get lost more easily in thoughts or more easily lose interest in what people say. I also think that my social anxiety makes me pay attention to things other than the conversation.

The crazy thing is that I'm still technically a smart person and I was always very good at pretty much every school subjects and video games
It's just when it comes to socializing that I'm dumb...
Like if socializing was a school subject I'd get an F- every single time

The goal is focusing on what you’re talking about in the conversation.

I have the impression that after the pandemic (a lot of social isolation and depression) I have became genuinely more incapable of understanding what people say. I think the problem is that I get lost more easily in thoughts or more easily lose interest in what people say. I also think that my social anxiety makes me pay attention to things other than the conversation.
Muh pandemic whiners @Zer0/∞

I’ve been in a pandemic since 2013.

Muh pandemic whiners @Zer0/∞

I’ve been in a pandemic since 2013.
I'm sure you and @Zer0/∞ are very jealous of the people I only talked to at school, but outside of school barely had any contact. Although I admit that a poor person has better living conditions than a homeless man.

autism speaks

at least you can communicate how you feel mate, many of us can't

Happens all the time trying to talk to normieniggers they r boring af