Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I think I see now why life is so hard, why things like making money is so hard, why producing something of value to sell is so hard.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I was plagued by this question: why is life so hard, especially when it comes to making money and such? Like, why don't we live in a reality where a person can just think really hard for a few days, make a plan, then execute it and then make a lot of money?

And through that silly and childish line of thinking, I finally understood. This reality we live in is all about the social aspect. One individual alone can't do shit. Proof to that is that most smart people don't really become rich. It's not about that, a high IQ doesn't get you money necessarily. A high IQ doesn't mean you can produce anything of value that people will pay for. This reality is so difficult and hard to do anything in, that even smart people can only do so much by themselves (I'm not talking about Tesla or Einstein or other notable exceptions).

So that's why life is seems so hard to me. I'm an introverted person, "antisocial". I couldn't see this obvious thing because of that.

It really is upsetting. I wish we lived in a world where if a person made a plan and put in some work, they could become rich and then take it easy. But no, we live in an extrovert's world where success is all about being good at the social aspect of life. Cause this reality is so brutal that one individual alone can't do anything worthwhile, not in this day and age anyway. So the way to success isn't through an introvert's preferred way, just hunkering down and working hard on something, it's through being good at extracting profit out of people and crawling up to the top by treading on others. And I'm just not made for that.

My reaction when I realize/am reminded of this simple fact:
Heresanotherforyouthisishis 0df51fc828938fec17b713ed957c8ef0

I was plagued by this question: why is life so hard, especially when it comes to making money and such? Like, why don't we live in a reality where a person can just think really hard for a few days, make a plan, then execute it and then make a lot of money?

And through that silly and childish line of thinking, I finally understood. This reality we live in is all about the social aspect. One individual alone can't do shit. Proof to that is that most smart people don't really become rich. It's not about that, a high IQ doesn't get you money necessarily. A high IQ doesn't mean you can produce anything of value that people will pay for. This reality is so difficult and hard to do anything in, that even smart people can only do so much by themselves (I'm not talking about Tesla or Einstein or other notable exceptions).

So that's why life is seems so hard to me. I'm an introverted person, "antisocial". I couldn't see this obvious thing because of that.

It really is upsetting. I wish we lived in a world where if a person made a plan and put in some work, they could become rich and then take it easy. But no, we live in an extrovert's world where success is all about being good at the social aspect of life. Cause this reality is so brutal that one individual alone can't do anything worthwhile, not in this day and age anyway. So the way to success isn't through an introvert's preferred way, just hunkering down and working hard on something, it's through being good at extracting profit out of people and crawling up to the top by treading on others. And I'm just not made for that.

This one sucks for me. Without the people around me I know everything I do will be meaningless, that's why solitude is the worst punishment for anyone: over time the social aspet behind your actions fade and thus they lose meaning, and your life becomes meaningless because there's no one one to impact, and no one to share it with.

Besides foids I just want some people I can be candid and share my life with, I just want some friends/people i can connect with, even if it's only online.

This one sucks for me. Without the people around me I know everything I do will be meaningless, that's why solitude is the worst punishment for anyone: over time the social aspet behind your actions fade and thus they lose meaning, and your life becomes meaningless because there's no one one to impact, and no one to share it with.

Besides foids I just want some people I can be candid and share my life with, I just want some friends/people i can connect with, even if it's only online.
Fantastic point. I talked about this once: I have no memories of years and years and years of my life. Cause I spent them in solitude, doing fuck all. I haven't actually lived but time has passed.

It really is upsetting. I wish we lived in a world where if a person made a plan and put in some work, they could become rich and then take it easy. But no, we live in an extrovert's world where success is all about being good with people. Cause this reality is so brutal that one individual alone can't do anything worthwhile, not in this day and age anyway. So the way to success isn't through an introvert's preferred way, just hunkering down and working hard on something, it's through being good at extracting profit out of people and crawling up to the top by treading on others. And I'm just not made for that.
Had a similiar epiphany regarding that subject after watching a movie:

Connections actually matter more than actual skills. An attractive/neurotypical person with a huge circle of friends can never truly lose because everyone they know always knows someone else and therefore networking happens.

The loss of a job, the end of a friendship or the end of a romantic relationship doesn't matter as hard, because you always have a backup plan within your friend circle, maybe someone knows another girl who is looking for a relationship, maybe someone can introduce you to his friends or maybe someone knows someone working at a company that could try to introduce you/make recommendations for you.

Nothing really matters as hard, because a friend circle works as a social buffer that diminishes the influence of individual setbacks.

If you're not social, internet is your only choice except there you are competing with everybody in India and China and also automation.

Connections actually matter more than actual skills. An attractive/neurotypical person with a huge circle of friends can never truly lose because everyone they know always knows someone else and therefore networking happens.

The loss of a job, the end of a friendship or the end of a romantic relationship doesn't matter as hard, because you always have a backup plan within your friend circle, maybe someone knows another girl who is looking for a relationship, maybe someone can introduce you to his friends or maybe someone knows someone working at a company that could try to introduce you/make recommendations for you.

Nothing really matters as hard, because a friend circle works as a social buffer that diminishes the influence of individual setbacks.
Oh my god that's such suifuel for me as a person with literally no friends or even acquaintances. Just 2 numbers in my phone - mom and dad. All the people I ever knew were from mandatory shit like school and uni, and tbh because of the alcohol and the autism I have a horrible reputation.
If you're not social, internet is your only choice except there you are competing with everybody in India and China and also automation.
Very good point. Fuck, I'm an abject failure.

yes but no.

An attractive NT person can very much lose, lmao

To me knowing i will never amount to anything and that even in the best case scenario i will just spend my life slaving away kills any motivation i have to actually give it a 110%(not to say that i have any spark in the first place).
They say anything can be accomplished with enough hard work, but really when you take a step back and inspect that sentence just how true is it? There are plenty of hard working people out there who sacrifice blood and sanity for that promotion or whatnot else, but never get noticed and end up doing extra work for no fucking reason.

Stuff like that is extremely upsetting for me, really just the entire world we live in is upsetting. Almost everything we have been taught as children, teenagers and even adults so far has turned out to be accidental miss-guidance at best or a outright deception at worst. So what are you supposed to do when you have seen past the veil of bullshit, and get to experience the cold world for what it really is?

Ur not an introvert, you're just ugly.

To me knowing i will never amount to anything and that even in the best case scenario i will just spend my life slaving away kills any motivation i have to actually give it a 110%(not to say that i have any spark in the first place).
They say anything can be accomplished with enough hard work, but really when you take a step back and inspect that sentence just how true is it? There are plenty of hard working people out there who sacrifice blood and sanity for that promotion or whatnot else, but never get noticed and end up doing extra work for no fucking reason.

Stuff like that is extremely upsetting for me, really just the entire world we live in is upsetting. Almost everything we have been taught as children, teenagers and even adults so far has turned out to be accidental miss-guidance at best or a outright deception at worst. So what are you supposed to do when you have seen past the veil of bullshit, and get to experience the cold world for what it really is?
Ohh wow, very well said. I've had these thoughts too but somehow I could never articulate them. Jackpot, very well said. Everything is bullshit, life is so hard and hard work most of the time doesn't get rewarded and just means you're getting used and abused, so even if giving it 100% would have a small tiny chance of making life better, I won't take that chance, it's not worth it.

it's better to be social than smart.

Ur not an introvert, you're just ugly.
You do have a point there, I remember when I was a little kid I was autistically sociable, like overbearingly excited to be around people (after being autistically shy before the ice was broken). But life kicks you hard and eventually I developed a shell and became more and more avoidant and introverted.

so even if giving it 100% would have a small tiny chance of making life better, I won't take that chance
I would say you shouldn't take such a chance if you are already more then accustomed to losing in life and know how the taste and feeling of failure are like, by this i mean that no matter where you looked or went you were met with a brick wall. But if this isn't a issue then taking that chance might pay off.

You do have a point there, I remember when I was a little kid I was autistically sociable, like overbearingly excited to be around people (after being autistically shy before the ice was broken). But life kicks you hard and eventually I developed a shell and became more and more avoidant and introverted.
Relatable af. The ultimate reason for not being yourself is you get bullied if you do.

This is also a reason:
So much things in life in general comes from networking.

You get the motivation to work hard to achieve success because you have friends around you.

You find a new and interesting hobby you're really good at because a friend told you about it.

You find you're favourite musician/film because a friend told you about it.

You find out about a good job position available to you because a friend referred you to it.

My general knowledge is already atrocious but if I didn't have any friends for the first half of my life I wouldn't know anything about anything.

yes but no.

An attractive NT person can very much lose, lmao
Yes, but it's still a buffer for individual failures, which doesn't mean that a total failure cannot occur when too many small failures add up. It also doesn't mean that you cannot be economically/academically successful as a socially isolated person, but it's definetely harder.
Oh my god that's such suifuel for me as a person with literally no friends or even acquaintances. Just 2 numbers in my phone - mom and dad. All the people I ever knew were from mandatory shit like school and uni, and tbh because of the alcohol and the autism I have a horrible reputation.
Pretty much the same in my first years uni, because I became depressive due to the pressure to peform and the problems with death in my family.

My reputation became irreversibly ruined, because others thaught that I was a bummer that was dragging them down. Also had on one party an alcohol induced spergout where I talked about some of my "special" interests (like extreme splatter movies and extremely painful looking medical procedures/emergencies).

My only non relative phone contacts are mostly colleagues that came from other countries and therefore don't see me as abnormous due to having some lack of social understanding as well - they are also mostly isolated during studymaxxing/working. But I only talk about work issues. I would try with foreigners as friends as an autistcel in an academic/professional setting because they are generally less socially aware/also isolated.

Last edited:
It's a very brutal reality.

Yes, but it's still a buffer for individual failures, which doesn't mean that a total failure cannot occur when too many small failures add up. It also doesn't mean that you cannot be economically/academically successful as a socially isolated person, but it's definetely harder.

Pretty much the same in my first years uni, because I became depressive due to the pressure to peform and the problems with death in my family.

My reputation became irreversibly ruined, because others thaught that I was a bummer that was dragging them down. Also had on one party an alcohol induced spergout where I talked about some of my "special" interests (like extreme splatter movies and extremely painful looking medical procedures/emergencies).

My only non related phone contacts are mostly colleagues that came from other countries and therefore don't see me as abnormous due to having some lack of social understanding as well - they are also mostly isolated during studymaxxing/working. But I only talk about work issues.
Sorry to hear that mate, hope you can turn it around. But we're adults already, we'd need to shift our lives and perspectives 180 and put in enormous effort, all for ... what? I'm comfier in my introverted haven. Ahh hell I don't even want to be sociable. I just want a comfy and easy existence. Too bad I'll never be rich, especially with these shitty wages in my country, but I'd much rather be comfy in my introversion than put in gargantuan efforts to maybe have 1/10th of the social circle of a normie.

The problem is there are really only two ways to be rich.

The first/stable way essentially requires your parents and their parents and their parents and their parents to have all had steady well educated wage slave jobs — they won’t be rich in their lifetime but assuming they have only one or two kids and those kids also get normie educated wage slave jobs and do the same eventually you might be the only child at the tail end of several lifetimes of wage slavery who inherits it all — at which point you’re “rich” because of inheritance and your prior generations wage slaving their asses off and not having too many kids to split the inheritance.

The other way is sheer luck — for example, winning the lottery or making some crazy high risk investment or starting your own business. The vast majority of the time this shit does not work and people can lose everything, BUT occasionally someone lucks out and is propelled into wealth. Now, someone may have also gotten lucky in the past and now their offspring inherits it being rich without doing anything.

Most people who are poor, there isn’t much they can do about it. The best they could do is wage slave their lives away in misery but perhaps build up a little bit of money by the time they die at which point their kid could continue this and maybe several gens down the line somebody will be rich. The thing is you want to be the somebody at the tail end of that, not the beginning.

the fucking worst and most annoying thing is rich people who claim they “earned it” and deserve it while everyone else is just lazy — fucking lmao it’s survivorship bias.

Last edited:
The problem is there are really only two ways to be rich.

The first/stable way essentially requires your parents and their parents and their parents and their parents to have all had steady well educated wage slave jobs — they won’t be rich in their lifetime but assuming they have only one or two kids and those kids also get normie educated wage slave jobs and do the same eventually you might be the only child at the tail end of several lifetimes of wage slavery who inherits it all — at which point you’re “rich” because of inheritance.

The other way is sheer luck — for example, winning the lottery or making some crazy high risk investment or starting your own business. The vast majority of the time this shit does not work and people can lose everything, BUT occasionally someone lucks out and is propelled into wealth. Now, someone may have also gotten lucky in the past and now their offspring inherits it being rich without doing anything.

Most people who are poor, there isn’t much they can do about it. The best they could do is wage slave their lives away in misery but perhaps build up a little bit of money by the time they die at which point their kid could continue this and maybe several gens down the line somebody will be rich. The thing is you want to be the somebody at the tail end of that, not the beginning.
Apt analysis mate. It's a sad state of affairs, and most people don't even see it.

Thats how stupid monkeys build a civilization.

Like, why don't we live in a reality where a person can just think really hard for a few days, make a plan, then execute it and then make a lot of money?
This one all comes down to government interference even here in a "free" country you need licenses and permits for just about everything.