Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope I need to buy a PC now, shit

MACHETE

MACHETE

The highest -cel on the .is
-
Im not really into pc and gaming stuff, but I got into an online job and I need a Pc.

Currently I use my brothers PC for all the Zoom meetings and work but he is tired and he wants to play WOW so hes raging against me. My mother being the only one convincing him to let me work.

I will buy an ok pc that let me run CSGO and DOTA2 (only games i play tbh).

I guess i will go tomorrow to stores to check some pc and buy one with the help of my mother.

Sucks to be a 30 year old NEET. well I guess i wont be a neet anymore

If I get a PC by tomorrow, I will definetly try the weed my friend gave me and play some vidya :smonk:

What are the specs.Also maybe try ryzen with vega pc it can run some AAA games well

What are the specs.Also maybe try ryzen with vega pc it can run some AAA games well
I havent seen any specs yet but yes my brothers PC has this:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
RAM 16G

I havent seen any specs yet but yes my brothers PC has this:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
RAM 16G
Ryzen 5 2600 doesnt come with vega.Only ones that have Vega are ones with G in them like Ryzen 3 2200G i think

Online jobs are based.

Just get a refurbished PC for cheap on Staples or something.

If you end up needing extra graphics power, graphics cards are brutally expensive right now. For those esports, slap a GT 1030 in it.

Vega is an intergrated graphics card
whats AAA games btw?

So im guessing i can buy one with a graphic cards, but I either have to buy a full assembled PC with my moms credit card. Or buy in parts but paying in cash because buying in parts with credit card = lots of interest.
Online jobs are based.

Just get a refurbished PC for cheap on Staples or something.

If you end up needing extra graphics power, graphics cards are brutally expensive right now. For those esports, slap a GT 1030 in it.
fr, i hope i stay at this job. Is not much for a job (800 usd monthly) but the mininum cuckwage in my country is 200 USD.

The good thing is life is cheap here and i will be able to fund my copes. Maybe if i stay at least for a year i would attempt thailandmaxxing.

Last edited:
Old Xeons are MASSIVE budget cpus that offer great performance for workload and for gaming. Now they are a huge success on tight budget builds. For a GPU if you need, you try to slap some used 960 or 970 in there if you want some extra perfomance in games.

whats AAA games btw?

So im guessing i can buy one with a graphic cards, but I either have to buy a full assembled PC with my moms credit card. Or buy in parts but paying in cash because buying in parts with credit card = lots of interest.

fr, i hope i stay at this job. Is not much for a job (800 usd monthly) but the mininum cuckwage in my country is 200 USD.

The good thing is life is cheap here and i will be able to fund my copes. Maybe if i stay at least for a year i would attempt thailandmaxxing.

Based.

Old Xeons are MASSIVE budget cpus that offer great performance for workload and for gaming. Now they are a huge success on tight budget builds. For a GPU if you need, you try to slap some used 960 or 970 in there if you want some extra perfomance in games.

Agree and I'm going to rep old hardware for a brief moment. It has been through the gauntlet and is tried and tested. Software and drivers have generally had their sharp edges ironed out for older hardware. A system based on an old server board, as suggested above, will be more rugged and less likely to break IMO as they're generally built better (even the PCB layers, evidenced by the board coloring) and if anything on it was going to break it would have probably already done so in the prior lifecycle years of the equipment.

Oh yeah and it's cheaper too I guess. In case you're a poorcel

Agree and I'm going to rep old hardware for a brief moment. It has been through the gauntlet and is tried and tested. Software and drivers have generally had their sharp edges ironed out for older hardware. A system based on an old server board, as suggested above, will be more rugged and less likely to break IMO as they're generally built better (even the PCB layers, evidenced by the board coloring) and if anything on it was going to break it would have probably already done so in the prior lifecycle years of the equipment.

Oh yeah and it's cheaper too I guess. In case you're a poorcel
Yeah, these old server grade equipment can last longer than gaming equipment because the materials used in them are far, FAR higher quality than gaming components, that's why they are more expensive, and they were made to run 24/7 non-stop under stress so they will last you a long, loooong time. You won't get your hands on a professional graphics card, they are rare and expensive and don't perform well in games with some exceptions, you can find some that have tolerable performance in games, but it's understandable they don't do well in it for the most part because they were simply NOT made for that.
As for memory, if you get your hands on a xeon and old HEDT motherboard, slap in ECC memory, they are not blazing fast but are infinitely more reliable than gaming memories, as they have features that gaming mobos and cpus don't support and can save you a lot of hassle. Keep in mind that going for this type of equipment you are aiming at reliability and longevity rather than raw blazing fast performance. If you want something more or less affordable, an old 7th or 8th gen i5 K version and a good mobo for that era that can handle some overclock will do the job. But I would suggest Xeons anyway for higher core/thread count and for the reliability they have for both workloads and some games, and with some tweaking you can even kinda OC them.
With a lot of research you can get your hands on a more recent Xeon + mobo + memories, and they only get better. It's weird to think that these workstation/server CPUs can game but they actually CAN, you just have to find the right ones. If you happen to find somewhere with decomissioned servers just throwing their stuff away, you just won the lottery, with enough digging in these occasions you could even set your own home server for several stuff, NAS, streaming, storage, whatever, and of course, a reliable server-grade pc to do your stuff.

how the fuck can you buy pc I have a laptop from 2008 running Windows XP just fine

how the fuck can you buy pc I have a laptop from 2008 running Windows XP just fine

Desktop > Laptop for cost efficiency.

Also, that's pretty brutal. I held onto my 2009 desktop until 2018, but at that point it just wasn't cutting it anymore.

I also want an online job:feelsrope:, what the job is about?

im starting an online job on monday. but its for a company and they are giving (i mean i gotta give it back) me a laptop to work from. on one hand it's kinda nice they are giving me the resources to work from but on the other hand I believe they are doing this because they are going to want me be on video while I work so they can manage me. Don't want me napping or eating on the job or whatnot. I feel i'm going to be stressed the fuck out knowing they are looking at me while I work.

laptops are convenient but yea id also advise to get a desktop if you can.

Desktop > Laptop for cost efficiency.

Also, that's pretty brutal. I held onto my 2009 desktop until 2018, but at that point it just wasn't cutting it anymore.
Weird, I have my laptop and it runs fine, the only time that lags at time is internet.
I just can't play games or do anything else computer-related.
Still, it sucks to be a poorfag.

Dude just got back into csgo its cool enjoy your new pc and shit :feelsYall:

Weird, I have my laptop and it runs fine, the only time that lags at time is internet.
I just can't play games or do anything else computer-related.

Therein lies the issue. Being able to use Paint and Word was satisfactory in the 1980's.

Ultimately PCs aren't that expensive anymore. You can get a mid-tier prebuilt for like $400 USD these days.

Last edited:
I translate phone calls for canadians and my country (english spanish)
Oh that's really incredible, i assume you live in a third world country too. how did you even get the job? as a fellow third world dweller i also am thinking of getting a remote job but i thought the only realistic one would be coding or the like

Oh that's really incredible, i assume you live in a third world country too. how did you even get the job? as a fellow third world dweller i also am thinking of getting a remote job but i thought the only realistic one would be coding or the like
There's also tutoring/teaching, especially Math or some language.

Correct, im a thirdworldcel as well. Well if you speak english fluently you can try t o search for translation or customer support jobs for foreigner companies (thats what i did, currently in a Canadian one). They search for thirdworldcels bc we are cheap labour but their salaries are still much better than most of our in-person, minimum wage salary so-

There's also tutoring/teaching, especially Math or some language.
Yeah I applied to a job for a russian language school, i got the whole language mastered but my problem was with the virtual platform of the school. That didnt get me accepted.

Good thing this new job (i hope i pass the trial) pays much better than the russian one.

AAA action arcade adventure

Correct, im a thirdworldcel as well. Well if you speak english fluently you can try t o search for translation or customer support jobs for foreigner companies (thats what i did, currently in a Canadian one). They search for thirdworldcels bc we are cheap labour but their salaries are still much better than most of our in-person, minimum wage salary so-

Yeah I applied to a job for a russian language school, i got the whole language mastered but my problem was with the virtual platform of the school. That didnt get me accepted.

Good thing this new job (i hope i pass the trial) pays much better than the russian one.
Do you have a degree in english?, hope you pass the trial brocel. if something can make you happy besides women is money to afford copes