Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel I get withdrawal symptoms when I stay away from videogames

Celius

Celius

-
Despite only being in my early 20s, I find it embarrassing for someone my age to still play videogames especially when considering how horrendous my life has become and since I can’t find a balance, I try to slowly encourage myself to cut them off completely and focus on being more “productive” but it’s seemingly impossible now.

I get minor withdrawal symptoms when I don’t play any games after a week. I start to sleep less, eat more junk food, get angrier and much more depressed and nihilistic than when I’m playing them. It’s like my head can’t think straight and I can’t make any decisions. Put me in front of a videogame then bam, all of a sudden I’m back to being cool, calm and collected again. It’s unbelievable. The instant shift in my mood that I can sense as soon as I get exposed to the press of a single button on a controller is monumental.

I can only imagine how those with severe methamphetamine addiction go through in their lives. I don’t think I can ever stop this, especially after slowly realizing that my only truly happy memories in life involved videogames.

Despite only being in my early 20s, I find it embarrassing for someone my age to still play videogames especially when considering how horrendous my life has become and since I can’t find a balance, I try to slowly encourage myself to cut them off completely and focus on being more “productive” but it’s seemingly impossible now.

I get minor withdrawal symptoms when I don’t play any games after a week. I start to sleep less, eat more junk food, get angrier and much more depressed and nihilistic than when I’m playing them. It’s like my head can’t think straight and I can’t make any decisions. Put me in front of a videogame then bam, all of a sudden I’m back to being cool, calm and collected again. It’s unbelievable. The instant shift in my mood that I can sense as soon as I get exposed to the press of a single button on a controller is monumental.

I can only imagine how those with severe methamphetamine addiction go through in their lives. I don’t think I can ever stop this, especially after slowly realizing that my only truly happy memories in life involved videogames.
I sincerely envy that you can still feel pleasure playing video games, I have reached the point where I no longer enjoy them and I only use them to pass the hours.

Worse addictions out there tbh, my problem is burn out from years of daily gaming. I find it hard to really get into a game now

what u playing cuh i wanna some of that shi too ngl i miss being addicted to video games

I sincerely envy that you can still feel pleasure playing video games, I have reached the point where I no longer enjoy them and I only use them to pass the hours.
same tbh

I sincerely envy that you can still feel pleasure playing video games, I have reached the point where I no longer enjoy them
Try modding Skyrim. Maybe play around with emulators a little. Try more indie titles. I don’t find pleasure in AAA either. I used to like them but now they’re all the same.

I only use them to pass the hours.
Yeah, I mean, I can relate to that as well. I don’t think most adults play games “seriously” as opposed to zoomers who play them like their life depends on it.

Last edited:
I find it hard to really get into a game now
Try more relaxing games like maybe Stardew or I don’t know. It’s not just you btw, it’s 100% the games as well. Everytime I think I’m tired of games then I bump into something that pulls me back.

It's not extremely embaressing, and it's not exactly like the drug addictions you described either. You can relax, I'm much older than you, and I play video games from time to time. I don't play more than one at a time, but it's perfectly fine considering my generation grew up on it. It's a cope, don't invest too much into it but you don't need to forgo it altogether either.

Try more relaxing games like maybe Stardew or I don’t know. It’s not just you btw, it’s 100% the games as well. Everytime I think I’m tired of games then I bump into something that pulls me back.
Man I wish I could find something that has that pull. It used to be my ultimate cope, I could pick up any game really and get lost in it for hours/ days.

If the rumours are true, then I will certainly get the Red Dead Redemption (2010) remaster

It's not extremely embaressing, and it's not exactly like the drug addictions you described either.
I mean, it FEELS like a drug to me in the sense that I can’t pull myself away from it purely because everytime I attempt to, I feel like my head is suffering from brainrot.

You can relax, I'm much older than you, and I play video games from time to time.
Very based. I guess I’m just pushed into believing that it’s an unhealthy hobby, maybe because I live in a country that deems it childish for men to participate in it.

Man I wish I could find something that has that pull. It used to be my ultimate cope, I could pick up any game really and get lost in it for hours/ days.
Well, the most recent one for me has been The Last Guardian. I get the feelings that maybe I’m getting “too old” for them right until I play the right title that instantly clicks. It’s a really lifefuel moment. It reminds you that your love for games is still very much real, it’s just that most of modern gaming is shit now.

If the rumours are true, then I will certainly get the Red Dead Redemption (2010) remaster
The first time I played that game I was in pure awe. Nothing will ever replace those memories. :feelscomfy:

Im waiting for cod cold war to finish downloading

And btw, I had no idea there’s a remaster rumor again. :feelsseriously:

If it’ll be anything like the GTA trilogy then there’s no hope left for modern Rockstar even though normies will gobble anything they shit out like no tomorrow.

Not that I’ll ever buy it but they should just keep all the assets from the original, give it more colors and unlock at least 1080p/60fps for the console players and call it a day. If it ain’t broke then don’t fucking fix it.

And btw, I had no idea there’s a remaster rumor again. :feelsseriously:

If it’ll be anything like the GTA trilogy then there’s no hope left for modern Rockstar even though normies will gobble anything they shit out like no tomorrow.

Not that I’ll ever buy it but they should just keep all the assets from the original, give it more colors and unlock at least 1080p/60fps for the console players and call it a day. If it ain’t broke then don’t fucking fix it.
im really enjoying chinatown wars on the psp emulator right now

im really enjoying chinatown wars on the psp emulator right now
Played it on my phone ages ago, fucking amazing game. :feelsaww:

You should 100% try Vice City Stories next. That one is barely played by normies since it was exclusive to PSP and PS2.

what u playing cuh i wanna some of that shi too ngl i miss being addicted to video games
Well right now I’m not playing anything, but I did play a little bit of Mark of the Ninja earlier and it was superb. :feelsjuice:

You should 100% try Vice City Stories next. That one is barely played by normies since it was exclusive to PSP and PS2.
im playing that too right now
i was a kid last time i played it but only played for an hour bc 4 had just come out which made me forget about it entirely
plus i was a kid so i struggled with the older game design of the earlier entries lol
now im going back to play all the older ones i never beat and VCS is super good so far

enjoying both right now tbh
cant really say which one is better yet tho

playing that shi rn its pretty good
Mogs me, I gotta wait 10 min more, Said 30 min when i left to go to the store to get some beer and energy drinks, Was 15 min when i came back, What the fuck, Am i that fast?

Mogs me, I gotta wait 10 min more, Said 30 min when i left to go to the store to get some beer and energy drinks, Was 15 min when i came back, What the fuck, Am i that fast?
i wish i could keep bocw on but its just too much space
need to buy a bigger ssd:feelsUgh:

I completed VCS 100% every collectible, side mission etc everything

BC why pay for PS plus and rack up loss when i can setup another pc for my tv and one for my desktop to watch youtube ad free? Its kinda based with a steam big picture PC, Fuck paying subscriptions or using the built in youtube in the TV full of unskippable ads, Id rather build a budget pc for my TV i can use that run all the games

plus i was a kid so i struggled with the older game design of the earlier entries lol
I never struggled with their ancient control schemes but that’s only because I grew up with them. Like, when I was maybe or 3 or 4, my siblings and I were playing them nonstop.

cant really say which one is better yet tho
I’d say VCS has the edge over, especially for having an arguably better soundtrack.

I mean, it FEELS like a drug to me in the sense that I can’t pull myself away from it purely because everytime I attempt to, I feel like my head is suffering from brainrot.
Then take a break. You're young you got time to return to it later. Don't do it in an intense fashion. Moderation is necessary for certain copes, otherwise those copes will become meaningless or ineffective.
Very based. I guess I’m just pushed into believing that it’s an unhealthy hobby, maybe because I live in a country that deems it childish for men to participate in it.
Everywhere, society deems it childish. But the reason you feel that way is because we as Incels don't hit the other markers for success along with the copes. Normies and the rest can stomach their youth copes forever because they are getting the validation they need in other areas of life. This is why it feels bad. You won't be able to enjoy certain copes fully while also clinging onto the idea of foid or longing for foid. You can't compete with the rest of soyciety.

Last edited:
Then take a break. You're young you got time to return to it later. Don't do it in an intense fashion. Moderation is necessary for certain copes, otherwise those copes will become meaningless or ineffective.
:yes:

But the reason you feel that way is because we as Incels don't hit the other markers for success along with the copes.
Precisely. It fees useless purely because everything else at the same time does. Every little activity gives you a sense of despair and hollowness when done in solitude.

Normies and the rest can stomach their youth copes forever because they are getting the validation they need in other areas of life. This is why it feels bad. You won't be able to enjoy certain copes fully while also clinging onto the idea of foid or longing for foid. You can't compete with the rest of soyciety.
:feelsrope:

Well, the most recent one for me has been The Last Guardian.
Is that from the Ico/SotC series? Those games were great, but I haven't tried The Last Guardian. How does that compare?

Is that from the Ico/SotC series?
Correct. All three have been created by none other than Fumito Uedacel himself. :panties:

How does that compare?
The controls felt a bit off at times, but nothing unsalvageable and the game is somewhat meant to frustrate you with Trico not responding to your commands since they decided to go for a realistic approach in terms of imitating a real “dog” but other than that, solid 10. You should 100% play it if you enjoyed the other games. It’s a one of a kind experience you can’t get anywhere else.

Correct. All three have been created by none other than Fumito Uedacel himself. :panties:

The controls felt a bit off at times, but nothing unsalvageable and the game is somewhat meant to frustrate you with Trico not responding to your commands since they decided to go for a realistic approach in terms of imitating a real “dog” but other than that, solid 10. You should 100% play it if you enjoyed the other games. It’s a one of a kind experience you can’t get anywhere else.
Alright, sounds great. I'll try it out, I enjoyed Agro in SotC so this should be interesting. Any particular highlights stand out?

I enjoyed Agro in SotC
That’s surprising to hear. Most people hated her cause of how they couldn’t understand that you’re supposed to control her reins, not directly herself as opposed to the horse riding mechanics in something like RDR2.

so this should be interesting. Any particular highlights stand out?
It’s a really good game. What instantly clicks for me in a videogame is quiet moments and just games in general that know how to shut the fuck up lol and this game felt like a more silent version of The Last of Us at times, if that makes any sense. Just go play it, you won’t regret it. :feelsokman:

That’s surprising to hear. Most people hated her cause of how they couldn’t understand that you’re supposed to control her reins, not directly herself as opposed to the horse riding mechanics in something like RDR2.

It’s a really good game. What instantly clicks for me in a videogame is quiet moments and just games in general that know how to shut the fuck up lol and this game felt like a more silent version of The Last of Us at times, if that makes any sense. Just go play it, you won’t regret it. :feelsokman:
Alright, ty :feelsokman:

Yeah, games right now often have way too much noise and shiny stuff, the Ico games were nice because they were atmospheric and spare. I think some stuff was cut out if it wasn't relevant to the main focus

I wish I had the drive to play videogames again like I used to.
I procrastinate now since I'm afraid I would reach point in which my abilities aren't enough to finish the game.
I hate being bad at everything.

games right now often have way too much noise and shiny stuff
I get headaches just thinking about playing JRPGs. Too many dialogues, too much action, too much everything, I get exhausted.

I procrastinate now since I'm afraid I would reach point in which my abilities aren't enough to finish the game.
You can just lower the difficulty at any stage for most games.

I hate being bad at everything.
Just take it slow and enjoy yourself. The more you rush it, the shitter you’ll be at it.

Nothing wrong with what makes you cope , I play mindustry all day.

Nothing wrong with what makes you cope , I play mindustry all day.
Based.

43952.jpg

I know this feeling.
I also always thought that gaming keeps me away from "real life" and that I miss a lot in life.
After a long gaming break I realized that there is nothing to experience in my shitty life and I gave up the only thing I enjoyed...
Today I gamble again.

Worse addictions out there tbh, my problem is burn out from years of daily gaming. I find it hard to really get into a game now
Sometimes I gamble so much that I can't even see what I'm doing in a game...