Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel I fucking love trains

Eightcel

Eightcel

SAMSARA TRAVELLER
★★★
Just like title says, I love trains.

I really love travelling in groups that is optimal for environment, stylish and chill. My low iq doesn't allow me to drive car. When you sit in a comfy train and watch as world go by you can contemplate about the whole universe.

I want to go to Japan or China just to travel by bullet trains for the sake of driving by this type of train. I don't care about old places and other attractions tbh

Just like title says, I love trains.

I really love travelling in groups that is optimal for environment, stylish and chill. My low iq doesn't allow me to drive car. When you sit in a comfy train and watch as world go by you can contemplate about the whole universe.

I want to go to Japan or China just to travel by bullet trains for the sake of driving by this type of train. I don't care about old places and other attractions tbh
Yes, I do too. Unfortunately, though, here in America, there is little to no public transportation options.

Yes, I do too. Unfortunately, though, here in America, there is little to no public transportation options.
I feel you bro. That is brutal. I couldn't live there.

Also, thanks for another reason to hate USofA

tfw you'll never own a train :feelsrope:

Yea Trains are a good cope tbh

@Lebensmüder do you like trains too?

Never knew you liked trains.
Yeah, I do, actually. Especially, if it's during a rainy, cloudy, and or snowy day (bonus if it's near dusk).
I prefer to go when there's barely anybody on it; that's when it's the most enjoyable.

Isn’t that an autism trait

i was on a cross country train ride a few days ago. quite comfy
20210529 093628

autisms me. I don't personally like the long ride,

Yeah, I do, actually. Especially, if it's during a rainy, cloudy, and or snowy day (bonus if it's near dusk).
I prefer to go when there's barely anybody on it; that's when it's the most enjoyable.
Agreed. Trains in Sweden are great and usually fairly empty, and nature is beautiful :feelsokman:

Air planes and the car rule the day here.
Even when there are trains
Train that does Boston to nyc
If I want to take a train need to drive about an hour then can go to Maine or down to Boston.
Might as well just drive.
Do want to do a cross country trip sometime just for the hell of it.

I never understood people's love for trains because here in Canada trains are a joke and basically only for cargo. Our system is so underdeveloped that its basically a 3rd world infrastructure. There's only one track in spots so trains going in both directions have to wait and share the track during certain spots. They go so slowly, I can literally run faster in spots, and there's not many bridges or tunnels for cross streets, so there's railroad crossings all along the route and they have to go at like 5km/hr through the populated areas.

The bus was always a better option, but now due to Covid, Greyhound bus has completely shut down their operations in Canada. So now the only option is trains or cars.

Last edited:
Trains are very comfy actually, I remember travelling a lot with them in uni (including doing Paris-London under the English Channel, Saint Petersburg-Moscow, Helsinki-Rovaniemi on various holidays). You can doze off to their vibration, read a book without feeling dizzy, have a meal at the cafeteria and they feel way safer than any airplane.

Trains are very comfy actually, I remember travelling a lot with them in uni (including doing Paris-London under the English Channel, Saint Petersburg-Moscow, Helsinki-Rovaniemi on various holidays). You can doze off to their vibration, read a book without feeling dizzy, have a meal at the cafeteria and they feel way safer than any airplane.
:feelsautistic::feelsmusic:

Shame they ate so expensive ngl. :feelsrope:

Yes but USA has the sickest freight train system on the planet and the sickest freight trains along with Australia and the other countries using Diesel-Electric locomotives.
Watching the fucking occasional massive 16-18k feet BNSF trains roll by at high speeds is pretty cool, especially with the gorgeous locomotives, the rumble of the GE's and the ominous low pitched sound of the EMD's are unparalled in the world of trains, seriously, the SD-40's are a special kind, they are 4 decades old and still in use! That's how reliable and good they are, the most famous of the line being the 1604 that used to be all the time performing yard switching in the Belen yard of BNSF in New Mexico.
Europe is still FAR FAR behind USA when it comes to freight, as USA is one of the few countries on the planet that use double-stack system for containers + super long trains with up to 10 locomotives each. Without also mentioning the manifest service which is top notch quality and makes shipping very cheap, efficient and reliable. Watching the VRF live cameras is pure fucking joy, I used to let the Belen camera opened in my third monitor 24 hours a day everyday, and would put the volume on the max when I would go to sleep, the absurdly loud and teeth-wrenching rail screech sounds relax me to no end, I would listen to it all fucking day. It worked like a bless to help me sleep whenever a train was going out of the yard. Before Belen, it would be the Revelstoke, Canada cam that would be opened 24h a day, the sight of the mountains is really amazing, the place is magical and really beautiful, and sometimes you would see bears crossing the street into the yards of the houses. A cool sight was the Rocky Mountaineer, a very luxurious and quite gorgeous deep blue train.

Quick pass-by in Revelstoke. The train goes through really fucking scenic locations, you can check more if you google it.

Just a regular BNSF 16k passing through La Plata, although it's quite common to see them in Belen. (This one in the video was pointed out to be actually an 18k feet train, but I'm not sure, math is not for me to calculate the legth). It is common for double-stack trains to be this long, the other freight types are not very common for this, they tend to be shorter, but still unimaginably long for the stantards of other countries, especially Europe. There have been some 250+ cars hauling coal, though.

Another regular 16k from BNSF.

And this was a very famous 18k test ran by UP in 2010, they never did it again and it seems this was the only 18k feet they have ever ran, although it seems BNSF has ran some 18k feet a couple times.

Another UP run, this time it was the longest manifest ever, it seems. About 17k feet.

CSX and NS sometimes run some 12k feet trains, but they seem to be rare. Your railroad companies combined make more money in a year than many countries are worth in GDP. Just BNSF alone $23 billion in 2019, it is a Class I railroad and there are 9 of them in USA making fucktons of money. The amount of money the Class I, II, and III make together in a year would be enough to top the GDP of several countries. Give more value and feelings to American rails and trains, they haul freight like no other place on the planet.
Fucking ginormous trains are also common in Brazil I heard, they have iron ore trains with up to 660 cars, although their cars are a bit shorter, but some of these trains at times are the longest running trains on the planet, and now they have a bunch of Tier 4's GE's and EMD's like USA and Canada.

It's pretty common among autists.
I got called autistic for it before.

Last edited: