Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel I fking hate collectible hunting in video games

Indari

Indari

ovencel
★★★★★
Especially when it affects gameplay. Most of the time it's just useless bullshit that has no interest attached to it other than filling a tickbox which is even worse in a way. A completely pointless exercise for autists. I'd rather stare at a blank wal than collect collectibles. But their presence makes you feel like you're missing out by not gathering them. And often times they'll make them all shiny.

The worst is when they're actually hard to find. They hide it so well I cant fking find it. This isnt just exclusive to collectibles. I was playing fking doom 2016 yesterday (lots of collectible shit in this game too) and spend hrs cant find shit to rogress the goddamn game. Going through samey environments and looking for some shit that doesnt even exist and not finding it after minutes on end is fking ragefuel. "Know what would make a good game? Looking for lost keys simulator! FUCKING GENIUS !!!!"

Last edited:
I'm trying to 100% complete RDR2 and there are a bunch of collectible strands. Very annoying finding some dinosaur bone locations for an old hag palaeontologist or egret plumes for a fag who wears a corset.

Gathering stuff in video games has become a norm and I hate it. It's tedious and it breaks immersion.

I tried to get into the Witcher 3 recently and I gave up when I was introduced to the inventory, markets and shit. I'm either too old or too dumb for this.

They are always in the last place you look!

Collectibles are cancer, but real achievements are cool

i 100% mario 64 and lego star wars complete saga, i am based

How do you maximise the return of investment on a game that needs to be X hours long to be worth the money vs. the competition:
A: Put a ton of meaningful content in it that needs to be designed, written, scripted, voice-acted, etc. .
B: Make the player run in a circle for half an hour, stuffing the entire thing with enough grind to just barely be worth the rewards of advancing.

Video game developers are reaching for our wallets, unfortunately this has been the norm for at least the past 5 years.

i 100% mario 64 and lego star wars complete saga, i am based
100%ing is for autists like speedrunners
How do you maximise the return of investment on a game that needs to be X hours long to be worth the money vs. the competition:
A: Put a ton of meaningful content in it that needs to be designed, written, scripted, voice-acted, etc. .
B: Make the player run in a circle for half an hour, stuffing the entire thing with enough grind to just barely be worth the rewards of advancing.
This is why I dont buy games

I dont play many singleplayer fps or anything like that but whenever I do I just play them. I don't do too many sidequests or anything

Gathering stuff in video games has become a norm and I hate it. It's tedious and it breaks immersion.

I tried to get into the Witcher 3 recently and I gave up when I was introduced to the inventory, markets and shit. I'm either too old or too dumb for this.
I just installed forza horizon 4 and the menu is so cancer filled with bullshit

I dont play many singleplayer fps or anything like that but whenever I do I just play them. I don't do too many sidequests or anything
I cant justify doing shitty boring side shit especially when im working and have 2 hrs of free time a day

Everyone knows it's just passing to extend the games life without adding any real content

I remember how hard it was to shoot all those pigeons in GTA IV. And you didn't get a bit reward afterwards, just some useless crap I don't even remember what it was.

I remember how hard it was to shoot all those pigeons in GTA IV. And you didn't get a bit reward afterwards, just some useless crap I don't even remember what it was.
devs that make that shit should be held accountable for crimes against humanity

devs that make that shit should be held accountable for crimes against humanity

I hate how it destroys the graphics too. For example in Assassin's Creed I hated how they put a ton of collectibles in every location. They made this nice historic setting but then they spoiled it with tons of flashing collectibles all over the place that don't even make sense.

I've never been lured into collecting and getting 100% game completion n a that. I just play the game normally and then get bored and move onto another game

I hate how it destroys the graphics too. For example in Assassin's Creed I hated how they put a ton of collectibles in every location. They made this nice historic setting but then they spoiled it with tons of flashing collectibles all over the place that don't even make sense.
assassins creed is a good franchise

i tried getting every feather in assassins creed 2 at some point and I was missing one. never ended up finding it

i tried getting every feather in assassins creed 2 at some point and I was missing one. never ended up finding it
assassins creed is a good franchise

Iit's like GTA games, once I finish the main game I can't do those sidequest, that's very ridiculous.

I 100%'d a Lego video game, I think it was Lego Batman: The Video Game
I think the first two LEGO Star Wars games were the only games I’ve ever 100% completed

The problem about collectibles, aside from being annoying, is that they don't make sense. An elite soldier will not go around picking up stickers or whatever. The only well-implemented collectible system that I can think of is the graffiti in GTA San Andreas because those made sense. They added flavor to the gameworld, and weren't intrusive so it didn't make the player feel like he is missing out if he ignored them. The horseshoes in that game were completely weird though.