Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media I finally watched Sonic 2

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
What did you guys think of it, if you saw it?

I thought it was fairly good but also very kiddy really. As compared to the first film I thought the quality was lower and the kiddiness was increased, lol

In its favour though the scale was impressive. More characters, bigger battles, all that. The CG was also good and the film looked nice in general. Jim Carrey was also good again although probably not as good as in the first one.

I'm not sure what I think about this younger Sonic though because especially along with the new story it can create a bit of an uncanny valley where it's almost Sonic but not Sonic!

The music was also really cringe especially as an adult because they opted for old songs instead of much of an original soundtrack, which... maybe is fine for kids but for adults wow a good OST would have been great! Like in the games.

Anywho, that's my opinion on it :)

Last edited:
Action scenes were more plentiful compared to the first movie that was simply a "hitting the road, making friends" movie.
The cgi models of sonic characters looked more grainy than the first one.
I'm curious what directors will do with (Shad)ow the damn (H)edge(hog) in the third movie.