Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I don't want to be a spectator anymore.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
It's been so long since I've first thought of myself as a spectator in life. Not really doing anything or being involved in anything of my own, just sort of viewing reality as a spectator. And I've really had no experiences, 99% of my life was spent watching or reading stuff.

And I'm so tired of it. I watch a movie nowadays and I keep putting myself in the characters' places. I keep thinking what I would do in their stead, how I'd act differently. And that makes me wish I had a life of my own, so I could actually manifest those actions, so that I'd actually do something and actually play out a role in real life. Cause right now it feels like I have no personality, no experiences, no role in life. Even when I'm watching a youtube video or something, I keep fantasizing about being someone else, actually living out a life instead of my blank nothingness of a life.

But it will never happen. I won't ever have friends cause tbh by now I find them utterly pointless and also uncomfortable cause I'm avoidant by nature. The fact that I feel genuine anxiety and discomfort when interacting with human beings just compounds the problem. And I won't have a woman by my side either cause of obvious reasons. So I'll keep being a spectator. The only real role I'll have is being a wageslave, and that's just drudgery, a huge bore. A slave during the day and a spectator when the work day is over. Not much of an improvement.

Edit: Ohh right, I just imagined myself actually doing anything. Even just imagining it caused a huge wave of anxiety to wash over me, my head and my chest were literally numb for 1 second. Idk what it is, it's just so much wrong with me that caused this. First of all I'm very lazy, anything but rotting is a huge drain on me. Second, I'm addicted to laying in bed passively consuming media, not doing this makes me anxious (and has since I was a kid). Thirdly I've got so much PTSD-inducing memories from a few years ago when I was an alcoholic, I really dread going anywhere cause I might bump into someone that kind of knew me and heard about/seen my embarrassing actions. This third one isn't as important as the other 2. And there's other stuff that makes me anxious, idk.

Last edited:
So I'll keep being a spectator.

what's the purpose of this thread?

We are "subhumans", our lives are boring because of that.

sex, friends and parties= fun.

That's what we will never (at least I) have.

it's over for midlifecrisiscels

Last edited:
I watch a movie nowadays and I keep putting myself in the characters' places. I keep thinking what I would do in their stead, how I'd act differently. And that makes me wish I had a life of my own, so I could actually manifest those actions, so that I'd actually do something and actually play out a role in real life.
day dream maxxing is based. @Daydreamincel

No purpose, it seems nothing I do has a purpose. Today I installed and uninstalled minecraft and modpacks for it 2 times already. The past month I've done this maybe 100 times. I keep doing this with certain games. This summer it was LoL, hundred + times till I finally deleted my account altogether. I keep going through phases like these. Just doing pointless things over and over. THIS TIME I will play it properly for sure, but no, 5 minutes in and I decide to delete it. Fucking retarded brain.

Take a walk every now and then and just let your mind wander tbh, it helps me refresh when i get turbo bored too

brutal relatable
just don't do drugs

It's been so long since I've first thought of myself as a spectator in life. Not really doing anything or being involved in anything of my own, just sort of viewing reality as a spectator. And I've really had no experiences, 99% of my life was spent watching or reading stuff.

And I'm so tired of it. I watch a movie nowadays and I keep putting myself in the characters' places. I keep thinking what I would do in their stead, how I'd act differently. And that makes me wish I had a life of my own, so I could actually manifest those actions, so that I'd actually do something and actually play out a role in real life. Cause right now it feels like I have no personality, no experiences, no role in life. Even when I'm watching a youtube video or something, I keep fantasizing about being someone else, actually living out a life instead of my blank nothingness of a life.

But it will never happen. I won't ever have friends cause tbh by now I find them utterly pointless and also uncomfortable cause I'm avoidant by nature. The fact that I feel genuine anxiety and discomfort when interacting with human beings just compounds the problem. And I won't have a woman by my side either cause of obvious reasons. So I'll keep being a spectator. The only real role I'll have is being a wageslave, and that's just drudgery, a huge bore. A slave during the day and a spectator when the work day is over. Not much of an improvement.

Edit: Ohh right, I just imagined myself actually doing anything. Even just imagining it caused a huge wave of anxiety to wash over me, my head and my chest were literally numb for 1 second. Idk what it is, it's just so much wrong with me that caused this. First of all I'm very lazy, anything but rotting is a huge drain on me. Second, I'm addicted to laying in bed passively consuming media, not doing this makes me anxious (and has since I was a kid). Thirdly I've got so much PTSD-inducing memories from a few years ago when I was an alcoholic, I really dread going anywhere cause I might bump into someone that kind of knew me and heard about/seen my embarrassing actions. This third one isn't as important as the other 2. And there's other stuff that makes me anxious, idk.

No purpose, it seems nothing I do has a purpose. Today I installed and uninstalled minecraft and modpacks for it 2 times already. The past month I've done this maybe 100 times. I keep doing this with certain games. This summer it was LoL, hundred + times till I finally deleted my account altogether. I keep going through phases like these. Just doing pointless things over and over. THIS TIME I will play it properly for sure, but no, 5 minutes in and I decide to delete it. Fucking retarded brain.

Daydreaming can be an indication that someone is suffering from concentration difficulty, which is seen in many mental illnesses, including depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder"

it's over for severelydepressedcels

Were you inspired by this message i left on your other thread or is it just a coincidence?

I just wish I wasn't totally cut off from certain aspects of life such as dating, sex, friendship, certain hobbies etc

Nothing worse than to just be the powerless spectator

We are "subhumans", our lives are boring because of that.

sex, friends and parties= fun.

That's what we will never (at least I) have.

Exactly you have no choice but to watch from the side lines buddy boyos

Were you inspired by this message i left on your other thread or is it just a coincidence?
I actually saw it just after I posted the thread lol. Weird coincidence.

You seem like a really smart guy and very articulate in your typing

This + what he says is very relatable. I mean i don't rot as hard as him but I totally relate to his mental state

This + what he says is very relatable. I mean i don't rot as hard as him but I totally relate to his mental state
Nah this is just probably my weird brand of autism or aspergers or whatever it is. It makes me sound smart. Fooled all my professors and teachers and classmates too, but that's cause I only picked social science degrees where if you vomit up a word salad that sounds fancy, you get a good grade. In reality I'm legitimately pretty dumb, I'm not even being self-deprecating, it's just a fact.

Nah this is just probably my weird brand of autism or aspergers or whatever it is. It makes me sound smart. Fooled all my professors and teachers and classmates too, but that's cause I only picked social science degrees where if you vomit up a word salad that sounds fancy, you get a good grade. In reality I'm legitimately pretty dumb, I'm not even being self-deprecating, it's just a fact.
Idk if you are smart, but you seem to capture the mental state of isolation very well.
I like reading your posts. They give off a more down to earth energy in contrast to the battery acid that is 90% of what is posted on this forum.

I’ve always wished and daydreamed of having my own identity/life. It’s a reality for billions of people, but not for me.

I cope with this but telling myself that this was my destiny from that start. Nothing could have changed it. It’s probably not true but I will never know for sure.